IV'E NEVER STOPPED AGAIN THIS WEEK TO TAKE A BREAK AT ALL.
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW I TRY I FIND THEM LARGE AND SMALL.
YES JOBS GALORE I'M AT IT FRIENDS FROM DAYBREAK UNTIL NIGHT.
JUST LIKE THE TITLE OF THE HYMN I'M "FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT".
IV'E FOUGHT WITH SCREWDRIVERS FOUGHT WITH SAWS FOUGHT WITH HAMMER AND NAILS.
OH DEAR COULD I TELL YOU A THOUSAND DO- IT- YOURSELF TALES.
JUST LIKE WHAT MY PROFILE SAYS THAT I'M A JACK OF ALL THE TRADES.
MASTER OF NONE BUT TRYING UNTIL MY ENERGY FAILS.
YESTERDAY WAS JOINERY DAY AND WHAT A JOB THAT WAS.
I HAD TO TAKE SOME PLINTHS OFF THE BASE UNITS JUST BECAUSE.
I NEEDED TO GET UNDERNEATH THEM TO DO THE JOB JUST RIGHT.
GOOD GRIEF I HAD TO TURN THAT SCREWDRIVER WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT.
WHEN I GOT UNDERNEATH THEM I GOT A REAL SUPRIZE .
I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I WAS SEEING RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES.
WHEN THE BUILDERS BUILT THESE HOUSES THE LAZY DEVILS YOU SEE.
HAD SWEPT ABOUT JUST EVERYTHING UNDERNEATH THEM DEARY ME.
MELAMINE AND NUTS AND BOLTS SAWDUST EVERYWHERE.
PIECES OF COPPERWORK SCREWS AND NAILS A RIGHT MESS UNDER THERE.
THEY MUST HAVE THOUGHT OH! BLOW IT LETS HIDE IT ALL AWAY.
UNDER THE UNITS AND WE WON'T NEED TO SWEEP UP AT THE END OF THE DAY.
LITTLE DID THEY KNOW ONE DAY LAUGHING KATH WOULD COME ALONG .
PUTTING HER OWN CLEAN TOUCH TO THE PLACE NEVER THINGING SHE'D FALL UPON.
DEBRI OF EVERY SHAPE AND SIZE ENOUGH SAWDUST TO FILL A BARN.
THANK GOODNESS KNOWONE HAD DROPPED A MATCH OR THEY WOULD HAVE COME TO SOME HARM.
THE PLACE WOULD HAVE GONE UP LIKE AN INFERNO MORE SHAVINGS WERE SCATTERED ABOUT.
THAN IN THE FURNITURE MANUFACTURES I BAGGED IT AND THREW IT ALL OUT.
IT ALMOST FILLED MY WHEELY BIN IT'S A GOOD JOB IT'S EMPTYING DAY.
STILL IT'S ALL CLEANED UP NOW BUT ON THE FLOOR I HAD TO LAY.
TO SWEEP IT ALL UP WITH THE DUSTPAN AND SHOVEL I WAS TWISTING THIS WAY AND THAT.
CRAWLING ABOUT LIKE A BABY ON ALL FOURS I FELT LIKE A SCROUNGING RAT.
SAWDUST WAS STUCK TO MY TROUSERS SAWDUST WAS STUCK TO MY HAIR.
AND WHEN I GOT IN THE BATH AT NIGHT YES THERE WAS EVEN SOME SAWDUST THERE. HE-HE.
CALL THEMSELVES GOOD WORKMEN FANCY LEAVING THAT LOT ABOUT.
WHOEVER IT WAS I CAN ONLY SAY I'D LOVE TO DEAL WITH THAT LOUT. HE-HE
LEAVING ME TO SHOVEL ALL HIS S---- HOW DARE HE YES OLD MOTHERHEN.
STILL NOW IT'S ALL GONE AND WASHED AND CLEAN WHERE YOU CARN'T SEE IN MY LITTLE DEN. HE-HE.
THEN I TOOK TIME OUT TO CUT THE BACK LAWN AND SPRUCE UP THAT A LITTLEBIT.
READY FOR WHEN THE SUN SHINES AND I CAN REST AND SIT.
HAVING A NICE WELL EARNED COFFEE WATCHING THE WORLD GO BYE.
WELL THE RATE I AM WORKING AT LEAST I AM GIVING IT A TRY.
IV'E WORKED NONE STOP NOW FOR FOUR WEEKS AND I AM SLOWLY WINNING I THINK.
YEHHHH !! I FORGOT I GET MY SETTEE TOMORROW SO INTO THAT I WILL SINK.
HE-HE.
FEET UP MAYBE FOR HALF AN HOUR A NICE MAGAZINE ON MY LAP.
IN THE EVENING WITH A CUP OF HOT HORLICKS WITH BRANDY IN FOR MY NIGHTCAP.
HE-HE.
THEN THURSDAY I THINK WILL BE SEWING DAY AGAIN I NEED TO MAKE CUSHIONS FOUR.
IV'E NOT DECIDED WHAT COLOURS YET BE THEM SILK SATIN COTTON OR VELOUR.
OH WHEN WILL IT ALL BE FINISHED NEVER MIND ROME WERN'T BUILT IN A DAY.
OH! AND I FORGOT TO TELL YOU I GOT A GIFT CAME MY WAY.
WHEN THE ROOSTER CALLED TO DO MY POLES HE BROUGHT ME A NICE SUPRIZE.
THERE IN THE GARDEN A BRAND NEW MOWER HE PRODUCED BEFORE MY EYES.
I HAD MENTIONED MY DAUGHTER LAST CUT THE GRASS AND I MUST BUY ONE FOR MYSELF.
SO HE WENT ALONG TO ARGOS AND BROUGHT ME ONE HIMSELF.
HE'S ONE OF THE BEST AS IV'E TOLD YOU BEFORE AND I COULDN'T STAY WHERE HE IS.
BECAUSE THE FAMILY AND GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME I SURELY MISSED.
JOBS ARE NOT EASY TO COME BY EITHER AND HE HAS A VERY GOOD ONE.
SO IT WAS BEST HE STAYED THERE BECAUSE BEING OUT OF WORKS NOT FUN.
WELL FOLKS I HAVE TO GO NOW I HAVE UMPTEEN THINGS TO DO.
SO UNTIL NEXT TIME TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS AND KNOW I AM THINKING OF YOU.
I STILL HAVN'T GOT MY CAMERA RIGGED UP BUT I WILL I PROMISE FOR NEXT TIME.
SO BYE BYE FOR NOW I'LL BE CATCHING YOU ALL SOON LOVE FROM KATH AND
"MY SIMPLE RHYMES.
"MOTHERHEN "
23 comments:
Ah Rodge knows how to please you ,anything for the garden is sure to be a winner ,so you are still very busy ,it all sounds so nice ,Im dying to see some pictures ,Like I said dont wear you self out ,and like you said do you think I will take any notice ,love you gal ....love Jan xx
Glad all is going well! Can't believe the builders did that! yikes!
be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
You are much handier than I and have done things I'd never dream of. I've been on my own now for over 15 years and I'm not very handy at much so I make do til I can hire someone to help or if one of my 'babes' has a spare moment they pitch in and help. Their spare moments are far and few between as they have their own homes and families to take care of. I'm so glad to hear you can put your feet up when you get your furniture tomorrow. You need to take a litte rest for sure. Take good care and try not to over do. 'On Ya' - ma
Sounds like you're really busy! But happy. :)
Have a great week, try & relax some. {{}}
Love ya,
Sugar
It does sound like you're having fun getting it all sorted out and settling in Kath. I do love a nice Horlick's at the end of the day . . . there's nothing quite like it!
Love,
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/
Cute graphics...busy busy kath...
Lyn
Sounds like you are getting it all sorted out ~ when the sun shines you will be able to take it easy with all the hard work behind you ~ and enjoy your garden which I know you love ~ another lovely Rhyme ~ Ally x
HOW many hours in your elastic-sided day, Kath? You well deserve that brandy-
laced Horlicks at the end of it!
Bunny xx
I am hoping by the time you read this your settee has arrived and you are all comfy with you magazine or book. take a break Love Joan.
Hi Kath its seem to me that you are certainly building your nest, and making a fresh start. It rather a lovely feeling to have just your own things around you especally those that you have made and created yourself. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Love the rhyme as usual, well done. Love Kathie.
Wow! You deserve a day in that new settee. Feet up with a good book. Glad you are settling into your place. --Cin
You deserve a well earned rest Kath. Roll on the deoivery of your new settee. Roll on your taking some photos too. I can't wait to see all your hard work.
You will be able to look around you and know that it was all well worth it in the end.
Hugs
Jeanie xxxx
I couldn't do all that you do, well done, but don't over do it.
Jenny <><
You take care now Kath.
Hugs
Carolxx
Awwwwwww...wasn't that sweet of rooster to buy you a mower??? Yep, he sounds like a good guy.
You need to rest a bit after all that Kath.....I been busy painting my new closet Kelvin made for me...and man U can tell that I am not as young as I use to be...lol
Thank you so much for your sweet comment to my brother for his birthday....I am sending it to him!
love ya,
carlene
KATH, WHEN I WAS A KID ALONG WITH THE SIBLINGS, OUR DAD THOUGHT THAT KEEPING US BUSY WOULD KEEP US OUT OF MISCHIEF. NOT SO. sam
It seems you found the 'treasure' left behind by the builders'. Too bad it is not worth anything. Perhaps the copper is worth more than a few cents. It made for an interesting rhyme though. I just finished walking about a mile with Salty and only feel sore where my surgery was. It is 11 p.m. now and it was a sunny beautiful day here finally after being rainey and cool during the day and cold at night. My woodburner is done for the year as I have it closed off to keep the rain out with plastic. I carefully climbed the ladder and was on the roof a little. I am suppose to climb stairs for exercise. Since my back surgery was removal of bone that had grown too much, my surgeon said it was very strong following surgery. It is making for a quick recovery. mark
Hi Kath ,hope you can soon take it easy after all your hard work .....love Jeanxx
Oh good grief. lol I do most things myself instead of asking Gary to do them. lol Aww that was nice of Rooster. Wishing you a wonderful week Kath with lots of blessings. Be sure and take a little time for tea. Hugs, Janie
{{{{Kath}}}} Sounds like you're having a grand time out there. Nothing like a new mower to energize the spirit. :-)
Ben
How dreadful for them to leave all of that debris for you to clean up!! Shame on them. Sounds like you are a handy motherhen with those tools though!! :)
xx
Lisa
In my mind's eye I can just see your charming English garden.
You've worked so hard to make it happen but I know it is just
lovely. Now for a rest on the new settee. Woe is me, I have
spring cleaning yet to do, spell of bronchitis set me back.
Hoping you'll have a wonderful spring, seeing old friends.
Don't forget us here in J-Land thinking of you. Fondly, Pat
LOL...Kath, I've heard of people finding all kinds of things under boards when they take things apart in their houses. You surely do well with things. I'm hopeless with fixing and decorating, etc. That was so nice of the rooster to buy you a lawnmower. I wondered why he didn't come with you. I didn't realize he was still working. You are so right about jobs being hard to come by. Have yourself a wonderful night. Love xx Chris
Post a Comment