
WHEN I WOKE YESTERDAY IT WAS GLOOMY AS I GOT UP WITH THE LARKS.
NOT A DAY TO GO WALKING AT ALL OR SITTING AROUND IN THE PARKS.
I DECIDED ANOTHER CLEAR OUT OF MY JEWELLERY BOXES THREE.
I DON'T OFTEN WEAR MUCH OF THIS NOWADAYS AS I DO NOT GO OUT MUCH YOU SEE.
NECKLACES OF EVERY DESIGN WITH EARINGS TO MATCH THERE TOO.
COSTUME JEWELLERY FIRST I CLEARED ALL THE REDS AND BLACKS AND BLUE.
WHITES AND PINKS AND LILACS ALL COLOURS UNDER THE SUN.

OH IT TOOK ME HOURS TO SORT THEM ON DOING SO I HAD MUCH FUN.
AS EACH PIECE BROUGHT A MEMORY OF SOME EVENT I'D BEEN ON.
OUTINGS AND GATHERINGS OF FAMILY WHEN TO WEDDINGS AND THINGS WE HAVE GONE.
THEN CAME THE SORTING OF HAIR ORNAMENTS YES I HAVE LOTS IN STORE.
AS I HAVE HAD MY HAIR FAIRLY LONG FOR MANY A YEAR AND MORE.

SO ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS I USUALY WEAR
SOMETHING ADORNING MY HAIR.
AS IN THE PICTURE BELOW HERE YOU SEE SOME FLOWERS IN MY HAIR THERE .

THIS WAS AT SOMEONES WEDDING A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO NOW.
I WAS LOOKING DOWN AT MY GRANDAUGHTER DANCING AWAY OH WOW.
THEY DIDIN'T WANT ANYONE IN HATS SO I HAD TO TRIM UP MY HAIR.
OTHERWISE DO NOT AKS ME WHY I THINK I WOULD HAVE FELT BARE.
SO YES EACH PIECE I SORTED A MEMORY IT BROUGHT MY WAY.
OF ME ENJOYING MYSELF ALL DRESSED UP ON SOME CELEBRATION DAY.
ALMOST LIKE WHENYOU HEAR CERTAIN MUSIC IT BRINGS TO YOUR MIND THE SAME.
A MEMORY OF SOMETHING IN THE TUNE TAKES YOU WONDERING DOWN OLD MEMORY LANE.
WELL THE JEWELLERY AND THINGS FINALLY SORTED IT TOOK ME MANY HOURS.
SO I THEN WENT OUT AND DECIDED TO TAKE A FEW SNAPS OF MY FLOWERS.
I THOUGHT I MIGHT CHEER YOU UP MY FRIENDS FROM THESE LONG DARK DISMAL DAYS.
WE HAVE ALL BEEN EXPERIANCING RAINSTORMS AND WINDS BUT NOT MANY SUNSHINE RAYS.
YET MY LITTLE PANSIES HAVE DONE SO WELL THEY ARE BLOOMING AND BOWING THERE HEADS .
EACH MORNING I GO TO TEND THEM AND PLUCK OFF THE ONES THAT ARE DEAD.
IN THE BITING WIND THEY FLOURISH AND LIVING HERE AT THE COAST.
THROUGH ALL THE GALES AND THE SALT AIR AROUND THERE CERTAINLY PROVING THE MOST.
HEALTHY LOOKING PANSIES AND I WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME.
FOR ME MYSELF MY FRIENDS BUT I CANNOT THAT WOULD BE REALY VAIN.
SO I HOPE THESE FEW LITTLE PANSIES FOR THOUGHT HAVE CHEERED YOU ALL TODAY .
AND LETS HOPE NOW WE ARE ALMOST IN FEBRUARY SPRING SOON WILL BE ON ITS WAY.
OH HOW I LOVE THE SPRINGTIME WITH DAFFY'S AND TULIPS AND SUCH .
YOU KNOW HOW I LOVE MY FLOWERS AND I MISS MY GARDENS SO MUCH.

NOT TO WORRY AS LONG AS I HAVE MY POTS AT LEAST THERE SHOWING THERE WORTH .
AS NEARER GODS HEART IN A GARDEN THAN ANYWHERE ELSE ON EARTH.
SO ONCE AGAIN A MEMORY THESE TINY PANSIES BROUGHT ME.
GROWING THERE IN THAT TINY POT ORANGES AND LEMONS YOU SEE.
OF ALL MY DELIGHTFUL GARDENS IV'E MADE WHEN I USED TO HAVE LARGE PLOTS.
IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE GARDEN BECAUSE " LITTLE THINGS MEAN A LOT ".

ISN'T IT STRANGE HOW SORTING MY JEWELERY AND SORTING MY HAIR ONAMENTS .
BROUGHT ME A DAY OF JOY AND BROUGHT ME SUCH MEMORIES AND SENTIMENTS.
SO WHEN ALL WAS FINALLY SORTED OUT AND ALL THINGS WERE TIDY AND FINE.
I SAT DOWN RELAXED AND DECIDED TO WRITE YOU ANOTHER OF
" MY SIMPLE RHYMES ".
HAVE A LOVELY DAY EVREYONE

KATH ASTORIASAND
27 comments:
I have certain items of jewelry that hold happy memories but only 2 or 3 items as I am not a jewelry person as such. I wear Mums rings (1 diamond one and a ruby and diamond one) and have lovely bracelet from my 18th birthday....so I don't have a very full jewelry box, LOL!
I too have lots of costume jewelry. In days gone by it was very popular to dress up your outfit with a necklace or broach and earrings to match. Now the office I work in is very casual and jeans are not out of place for everyday. One time a few years ago, I boxed up 40 necklaces ( I couldn't believe there were so many) and took them to a 2nd hand shop where they sold. I still have loads though as they've accumulated and I hate to part with my favorites. Like you say they bring back good memories. Thank you for the picture of your pansies today. In this frozen winter wonderland I live in it is good to see something growing.
'On Ya' - ma
I loved this entry ,I have lots of jewelry I love it ,from my gold peices to the Tiffany silver Maurice bought me for Christmas,and now I make a few peices too ,love all my pretty beads ,yes I love my bling ...love Jan xx
Yes, got your alert today, Kath.
What a lovely collection: I think I am turning into a bit of a magpie in old age, I love sparkles and bright colours.
Your pansies are very tough. I've got some outside blooming grudgingly, but two have been nibbled - mice methinks!
Bunny xx
I am a person that has very little jewelry. I have my wedding rings, a pair of gold earrings, a necklace that Todd gave to me our first Valentines day together and a watch. Not that I wouldn't like to have more but I just have never been lucky enough to have been given much. I do give my mom nice costume jewelry all the time and she loves it so. She's always been a great lover of jewelry and has quite a lot of it. I did used to have some years and years ago, but my ex was not one much for that and would throw stuff away. I guess I just got tired of losing it all the time to his clear outs, so I stopped getting myself any. Anyways, as usual I really enjoyed your lovely rhyme Kath! You are such a lovely lady. The snow drops are blooming, spring is on it's way!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
A wonderful poetic entry today and what lovely jewellery you own.
How nice that it all brings back such lovely memories.
As for Spring...yes I have signs of it not being far away now. I have primroses and white heather flowering in my garden. I can also see my clematis budding greener and spring bulbs have shot out their leaves....just their little heads are being eagerly waited upon now. Soooon!
Hugs
Jeanie xxx
Oh my gosh, Kath, I absolutely love the picture of the necklace and the earrings. If you don't have anything to do with the jewelry, you can send me a piece or two, LOL. Anyway, thanks for this fun entry. Love,
Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink
No I didn't get an alert from aol Kath, so glad you emailed - love your jewellery. I hardly wear it nowadays either even though I have lots of costume jewellery. I love rings, but with my lifestyle they get so dirty so I hardly ever wear any.
Loved the pic of your pansies, they are the only thing that's blooming in my garden at the moment. The snowdrops will be in bloom any day now though. :-D
all the best
Freda
Hi Kath, I hadn`t had an alert from you for a while but it`s lovely to hear from you now. You have a lovely garden and your pansies look nice and cheery, just the thing to cheer up a dreary January.
Love Sandra xxxx
I got the aol alert Kath. :)
I loved the pics of your jewlery, makes me think of mine. I have so many memories with most of it. {{}}
Beautiful flowers. So cold here today.
Have a lovely hump day.
Hugs,
Sugar
I love the hair jewlery! I have long hair, but I can't seem get anything to stay in. It always ends up sliding out. Your garden is beautiful. We have a running joke around here that I can even kill a fake plant! Have a wonderful day! Phyllis
I can see why the jewelry would bring so many memories, I can recall what piece I was wearing on occasions too. I love to see hair jewelry, I think it can look so classy. I am finally letting my hair grow again....unless I lose patience and get it all cut off again! Another great entry...I just love your journal.
xxx
Lisa
KATH, THE FLOWERS ARE BEAUTIFUL.
I MISS GARDENING. UNTIL THE LAST FIVE YEARS ALWAYS HAD GARDENS, VEGETABLES AND FLOWERS.
DURING CHILDHOOD LIVED ON FARM MUCH OF THE TIME AND SUCH WONDERFUL WILD BLACKBERRY PATCHES AND SAND PLUM TREES GROWING IN FENCE ROWS.
SUGAR WAS CHEAP THEN AND MOTHER MADE PLUM JAM THAT WAS SWEET THOUGH A SLIGHT TART TAST THAT ENHANCED WHEN EATING IT WITH BISCUITS RIGHT OUT OF THE OVEN OF THE BIG KITCHEN RANGE THAT BURNED WOOD.
LOTS OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES HELPED US THROUGH THE 'GREAT DEPRESSION' WHICH WREAKED SUCH HARDSHIP ON MANY.
KATH, YOUR DAY OF PLAY WITH THE JEWELRY KEEPSAKES AND ORNAMENTS SOUNDS LIKE FUN TO BRING BACK HAPPY MEMORIES. sam
Kath I am glad your jewllery brought back such happy memories for you ~ loved your hair decorations they are so pretty ~ and your little pansies are lovely they would brighten up any day ~ as your Simple Rhymes brighten up my day ~ Ally x
Lovely entry Kath....just a brief comment, as I started to write earlier, but got 'thrown off'...again.
Did get an alert by the way....Don't have lots of jewellery, but love earrings. Never leave the house without them (lol). since ears pierced at 16yrs. (Also love shoes)
Aileen....X
You are right...I didn't get my alert! I love your jewelry...so pretty!!! and you are very pretty too in that picture of you!!! Yes, I can not listen to country music right now because all of the songs remind me of something about when Danny was here...and it gets me to crying...which I try so hard not to do anymore...so I listen to pop, old rock and classical....Good thing I love most all music except the really ugly or head banging stuff that you can't understand! lol
Take care Kath.
love ya,
carlene
I love pansies. they do well here when its cooler. Like hair ornaments too and have a lot but I'm always getting my hair chopped off too short to wear them. Paula
You have brightened up my night young lady! lol. Thank You. Your jewellery and hair ornaments are lovely. Your hair in that picture is amazing. I love it. I haven't been getting your alerts. Will keep an eye out now. Love Pam xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/
What a neat thing to do and write about! Sorting jewelry and gardens. Both happy things. : ) love, Shelly
I never asked what became of Mom's jewelry after she passed. She sure loved necklaces and pins and such. We've got snow here...ugh. I don't think Spring is coming EVER. :(
xx
Russ
If I had a jewellery boxit would take about a minute and a half to sort out. I just haven't ny jewellery. My neck is too short for necklaces. I look as though I've a seam round my neck!!
Angie, xxx
You are getting all your jobs done. Your pansies are doing better than mine I only have 2 flowers on mine at the moment and they are now covered in snow so that will stop things for a while. Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/
Hi Kath! Thanks for the email letting me know about your post. My computer has been down the past two days. Good 'ol AOL. Well, I fixed them. I finally dumped them after 12 years. Anyway, love your jewelry, your pansies and your garden! They're all beautiful. Here's wishing you a wonderful week. Blessings, Linda
Well done on your award from Jan. I think that makes it twice for you? That shows how popular you are. Congrats
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/
Hello Kath... oh my phone ringing off the wall yesterday. lol Even though snow is 8 inches ... knee deep to a giraffe (hehe) Gary had to get out today. Maybe I can make all comments on your journal. I too have so much jewelry and only wear a few. :( Very pretty hair Kath and lovely flowers. How wonderful to have flowers this time of year. Kath that is a beautiful garden! I enjoy looking through my jewelry boxes too. :-) Today we went to Bud and Hazel's and ice cycles were hanging from their roof. I told Gary.. I remember eating those when I was a kid! Can not dare eat them now! Wishing you a wonderful day Kath and hope your computer is doing much better by now. Prayers, Janie
Congratulations and well done on your award from Jan .Nice to see your jewellery and to know it brings back happy memories ,and your pretty pansies .Have a nice weekend ....love Jeanx
Love your hair ornaments, Kath! They are gorgeous. I used to have so much jewelry but have stashed it away over the years but never had such lovely hair things. I'm still amazed that your pansies will bloom all year. I wish I didn't live so far north that everything totally freezes. Thanks for sharing your pansies. It won't be too long before the nice weather gets here. LOL...well, it's going to be at least a couple of months for me. Spring is slow to get to northern USA. Have a great day! Love xx Chris
Post a Comment