Saturday, 26 January 2008

"THIRTY TWO YEARS AGO

       
 
WHERE HAVE THE LAST THIRTY TWO YEARS GONE WOULDN'T I LIKE TO KNOW.
 
LOOKING BACK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH I WONDERED THEN WHERE WE WOULD GO .
 
AS AT THIS PARTICULAR TIME IN LIFE I WAS LEFT  WITH THREE CHILDREN SMALL.
 
I HAD NO IDEA WHAT LIFE HAD  IN STORE AND I HAD NO CARES AT ALL.
 
YET WHEN I CAME ACROSS THIS PICTURE I THOUGHT TO MYSELF WELL KATH
 
LOOKING AT YOU THERE SMILING YOU  MUST STILL HAVE HAD STRENGTH TO LAUGH.
 
THE ELDEST SON  JUST SEVEN YRS OLD THEN NEXT SON THREE AND A HALF .
 
MY DAUGHTER TEN MONTH OLD AND ME WEARING MY BANDANA SCARF.
 
I HAD GONE ON A DAY TRIP OUT TO WALES WITH A FRIEND SO KIND TO ME THEN.
 
I AM  SAT AT THE TOP OF CAERNARFON CASTLE IN THEM DAYS WALES WAS A JEM.
 
THE PREVIOUS YEAR I HAD BEEN SO ILL WHEN EXPECTING MY BABY GIRL..
 
COMPLICATIONS SET IN AT THREE MONTHS AND EVERYTHING WENTIN A WHIRL .
 
I HAD ACUTE APPENDICITIS AND A GALL BLADDER OP AS WELL.
 
THEN I HAD AN ABCESS REMOVED FROM MY UTERUS TOO PAINFUL FOR ME TO TELL .
 
THE SURGEON TOLD MY PARENTS IT WAS MY LIFE OR THE BABES.
 
UNTIL ANOTHER SPECIALIST STEPPED IN AND HIM OUR LIVES HE SAVED.
 
SIX MONTHS OF OPERATIONS AND BED REST UNTIL THE DAY.
 
MY BABY GIRL WAS DELIVERED IN THE ORDINARY  NORMAL WAY.
 
I WAS VERY WEAK ON COMING HOME AND FOUGHT WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT.
 
THOUGH AT ONE POINT DURING MY HOSPITAL STAY I DID GIVE THEM ALL A FRIGHT.
 
SO WHEN I RECOVERED AND I WAS THEN LEFT WITH MY CHILDREN THREE.
 
I WAS ASKED IF I'D LIKE THIS DAY OUT AND SO I QUICKLY  DID AGREE.
 
THE YEAR WAS 1976 AND I REMEMBER THE WEATHER  RED HOT.
 
THATS MAYBE WHY I HAVE THE BANDANA PLONKED ON MY TOP KNOT HE-HE.
 
 
LOOKING BACK NOW I THINK OF THE TIME HOW I WORRIED WHAT LIFE HAD IN STORE.
 
TODAY AS I LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH I DON'T THINK I COULD WISH FOR MORE.
 
TIMES HAVE BEEN HARD AND IV'E STRUGGLED BUT ALSO TIMES HAVE BEEN GOOD.
 
SO MUCH SO IF WE COULD TURN AROUND I KNOW I SURELY WOULD.
 
LIVE OVER THOSE YEARS I HAVE TRAVELLED I'M SO THANKFUL FOR ALL I HAVE HAD.
 
IT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE BUT I TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD .
 
LOOK HOW SLIM THE CHILDREN WERE  IN THEM DAYS FOLKS CAN YOU  SEE.
 
SOMETIMES ON THESE OLD PHOTOGRAPHS THEY LOOK SKELETAL TO ME.
 
THOUGH I FEEL BECAUSE THEY ATE WHAT WE COOKED GOOD FOOD NOT LIKE TODAY.
 
I NEVER BOUGHT ANYTHING  IN TINS OR JARS AND NO FAST FOODS DOWN OUR WAY.
 
ALL THE PROCESSED STUFF THATS AROUND ON SALE FOR THE KIDS IN THIS AGE.
 
CHIPS AND BEEFBURGERS FAST FOODS ETC  SEEM NOW TO BE ALL THE RAGE.
 
SO I DO BELIEVE THE DOCTORS ARE RIGHT IN MANY THINGS WHICH THEY SAY.
 
ABOUT THE GROWING DIABETES CHILDREN ARE EXPERIANCING  TODAY.
 
WELL THE PICTURE ABOVE I JUST LOVE IT OF THE CHILDREN  WHEN THEY  WERE SMALL.
 
THERE  IN WALES A SINGLE MOTHER  OUTSIDE THE FLORAL HALL.
 
OH ISN'T IT GOOD TO LOOK BACK AT OLD PICTURES WHEN WE HAVE LOTS OF TIME.
 
I LOVE TO GO BACK TO THEM DAYS BUILDING SAND CASTLES SAYING NURSERY RHYMES .
 
IF WE KNEW BACK THEN WHAT WE KNOW NOW BACK IN THOSE DAYS OF OLD.
 
I STILL WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING IN MY LIFE WHICH A LITTLE OF IT I HAVE TOLD.
 
CHILDREN KEEP YOU YOUNG AT HEART AND THEY KEEP YOU ON YOUR TOES.
 
EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD A FAMILY WILL UNDERSTAND THIS AND  KNOW.
 
AHHHH  WELL THOSE THIRTY TWO YEARS HAVE PASSED NOW AND IT IS 2008.
 
I HAVE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF ALL OF THEM EACH ONE OF THEM  WERE GREAT.
 
I DID HAVE ANOTHER SON AFTER THIS TIME TO MY ROOSTER IN  SEVENTY NINE.
 
EVEN THOUGH I HAD BEEN TOLD NOT TO EVERYTHING  TURNED OUT FINE.
 
THROUGH TIMES OF TROUBLE AND SADNESS WE ALL SEEM TO WIN THROUGH SOMEHOW..
 
YES THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL WHEN YOUR THINKING YOU  DON'T KNOW HOW.
 
TO MAKE ENDS MEET AND WHERE YOU ARE GOING OR WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT.
 
SO DON'T GET UPSET BECAUSE BELIEVE ME IV'E  HAD ROUGH TIMES AND BEEN VEXED.
 
BUT THE GOOD LORD HE HELPED ME THROUGH IT ALL AND HERE I AM AT THIS TIME.
 
THIRTY TWO YEARS PAST  MY FAMILY GROWN UP  AND STILL WRITING " MY SIMPLE RYHME "
 
                
                                    
 
 THANX TO CHRIS OF CAB'S CREATIONS FOR THIS LOVELY GRAPHIC.
 

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kath, what a sweet picture of you and your little ones. I remember 1976 so well, and a very ~HOT Summer, we were down in North Devon that year.
It was also the year I won £1,000..remember Mark the Ball?..a lot of money way back then. the following year, I became a single Parent.I think what happens in our lives, shapes who we are today.
Take care
Aileen....X
http://journals.aol.co.uk/haileen2003/wishing-and-hoping

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those memories, Kath. 1976 was a summer to remember ...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful SMILE you and the children have.  We have been blessed by those children and I know that mine are the reason I I still have something to SMILE about for sure.l Like you and probably most of us I wonder how time flies by so fast.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Was the gin bottle hidden in the stroller?  LOL  Just kidding -- beautiful trip back in time!

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

LQQK at my beautiful friend and her three little ones!! Oh blessed be!... 1976... In 1976, I had one little baby girl... I was making ceramics and I had a drawing that made it to Washington, DC, our nation's capital... It's funny how even in my memories, I choose to block the miserable ex out. LOL

Anonymous said...

AWWW Kath what a beautiful pic & wonderful memories, TY for sharing.
Have a good upcoming week.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

What smashing photos and memories you have shared today.
You and the children looked absolutely great in 1976!  My daughter would have been five then and my son seven going on eight.
Thanks for sharing your memories and jogging mine too....wonderful!
And what a lovely smile you have!
Love
Jeanie  xxx

Anonymous said...

What lovely photos and memories you have shared with us today Kath.  Thanks so very much!  What a pretty young woman you were and such a lovely bunch of kiddies.  Times were hard but they are all part and parcel of what has helped to make you the wonderful person that you are and also your children as well.  I always thank God for the hard times for without them how would I ever be able to appreciate the good for what they really are?  (((Hugs)))  Oh, I do love reading your rhymes and catching up with the very fascinating and special person that you are!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Wonderful..wonderful pictures.  They all have your great smile.  Yes we look back and are grateful for the good, trying not to remember the bad!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photographs and what a lovely smile you always have. Love Joan. http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusing

Anonymous said...

Oh Kath, I love this photo.  You are gorgeous!!!  Still are :)  I was 1 year old then.  hehe  I will be 33 next month and still have so much more to to look foward to.  When I become a  mom I feel my life will start all over again :)  I can't wait!  xoxoxoxo  Dina

Anonymous said...

Lovely family photos, you don't look a day older today.LOL!  My baby was 36 yesterday, you'r right where did the time go.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Wow...you have the sweetest smile Kath!!! Yes the Lord has been to good to us...I don't know how i would go on without HIM.
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of you and your family Kath .I remember 1976 and it was that very hot summer ,Jan and I worked together at the local pub to earn some money to take our children to the seaside for a holiday ,Happy memories ......Love Jeanxxx

Anonymous said...

... such an endearing piece of writing ..!  You are quite the looker there ... great smile ..!

Anonymous said...

"....still writing My Simple Rhyme......."  - and long may you continue to do so Laughing Kath.  Chatting with mum today about 'proper food' like we got as kids.  I'm glad I was a kid then, not now, aren't you?
love, Angie, xx

Anonymous said...

KATH,   YOU HAVE HAD SOME TUFF TIMES OVER THE YEARS AND NEVERTHELESS HAVE SURVIVED TO BE A DELIGHTFUL PERSON.
    PEOPLE DID'NT SEEM TO BE AS CHUBBY ON THE AVERAGE  A FEW YEARS BACK AS WE TEND TO BE NOW.
    ONE OF MY DAUGHTERS HAS COMPLETED A DVD OF FAMILY PHOTOS ENHANCED AND CREATED FROM NEGATIVES AND SLIDES, SOME OLD NEGATIVES A HUNDRED YEARS OLD FROM THE OLD BOX CAMERAS.
    SHE PRESENTED ME WITH ONE OF MANY OF THE DISCS SHE MADE AND I CAME HOME AND WATCHED IT FOR FIVE HOURS , NOT SEEING ALL OF IT, JUST COULD'NT STAY AWAKE. (SUCH AMAZING MACHINES HAVE BEEN INVENTED)
    OF COURSE I HAVE THANKED HER FOR SUCH A TREASURE AND SHE IS SENDING ONE TO EACH OF THE OTHER SIX CHILDREN.
     SOME OF THE PHOTOS WERE OF A HOME MADE AIRPLANE THAT MY WIFE'S DAD MADE AND FLEW UNTIL IT CRASHED AND HE SURVIVED.
    PARADES OF THE EARLY 1900s, OLD CARS AND HORSE DRAWN FIRE ENGINES.
     THE DAUGHTER HAD WORKED FOR MONTH IN HER SPARE TIME. PHOTOS RIGHT UP TO THIS PRESENT DAY.
      NOT MANY SLIM CHILDREN AS IN YOUR PHOTOS OF A FEW YEARS BACK.
KATH, HOPEFULLY YOU WILL HAVE MANY MORE HEALTHY YEARS.      sam

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics..wow you were a babe!!
Makes me think of my mum for some reason..
I agree with what you said about the kids these days..
have a good week ...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath...That is such a lovely pic of you and the children and you look really lovely, its ashame we have to get older, but even so, you've still kept your good looks...

Astra!
http://journals.aol.com/astra1547/astras-new-journal/

ASTRA1547@sky.com

Anonymous said...

You're so beautiful...Inside and out.

Anonymous said...

You are a beauty ~ look how pretty & happy you are.  I loved reading this.  I had no idea you went through so much during your pregnancy, how awful.  But you are a tough one and came through and prevailed!!!  This was a moving entry, thank you for sharing this.
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely picture of you and your children ~ you still have that beautiful smile ~ I so enjoyed this Simple Rhyme ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful memories Kath and wow! what a looker you were! Not to say you aren't now! Oh right I'm off lol taking my foot in my mouth with me! lol. You know what I mean I hope!!!. ;-) Love Pam xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/

Anonymous said...

You are so pretty Kath! Yes, long time ago. I have been married to Gary since 1975 and we had one child. I had 2 children when I married him. I know what you mean about trying to make it with young children without an education. I finally got a job as PBX operator at the hospital. WIN helped me get the job. I looked back and the Lord helped me through times when I did not even realize it. Battery is going dead on computer... so may have to comment on your last entry later. :(  Wishing  you a wonderful day Kath, with LOTS of blessings. Hugs, Janie

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, Kath!  I wish I had a scanner.  I love going through the old photo's and like you wonder where the time has gone.  I've been a single mother for so long that it's hard to remember when I wasn't.  It's hard but I wouldn't change it either.  Your three looked so happy.  You looked so happy and you are still the looker you were then.  I think what we live is what makes us who we are.  Most of us are stronger than we give ourselves credit for.  Love xx Chris