Sunday, 5 August 2007

"THE NEXT FIVE DAYS"

 
         
       
I'LL BE DOWN ON THE SHORE TODAY MY FRIENDS AS THIS IS A SPECIAL WEEK.
 
IN MY HOME TOWN FOR THE NEXT FIVE DAYS IT'S THE ANNUAL REGATTA WEEK.
 
I'M GOING DOWN THERE TO WATCH THE RACING OF ALL THOSE FINE YATCHS  AFLOAT.
 
I'LL BE SAT THERE IN THE SUNSHINE IN MY GLORY THERE I'LL GLOAT.
 
I LOVE THE EVENT THEY STAGE HERE EACH YEAR IN MY HOME TOWN.
 
IT MAKES A LOVELY CHANGE TO GO AND JUST SIT THERE AND SETTLE DOWN.
 
WITH MY LUNCH AND ALL MY GOODIES PACKED UP AND NOT VERY FAR TO WALK.
 
JUST ACROSS THE ROAD I USUALY SIT HERE AND I CAN TALK.
 
TO SOMEONE WHO'S CLOSE BY ME AND WE HAVE A NICE LONG MORN.
 
CHATTING AWAY AND WATCHING WHEN IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY  NICE AND WARM.
 
IT'S RELAXING AND SO PEACEFUL AND IT'S SUCH  A STEADY PACE.
 
WATCHING ALL THE YATCHS BOBBING AND TAKING UP THERE PLACE.
 
 
 
NO RUSHING AND NO SHOVING AND NOISY SHOUTING CROWDS.
 
IT ALWAYS  SEEMS SO TRANQUIL WITH A BLUE SKY AND NO BLACK CLOUDS.
 
TAKES ME BACK AT TIMES WHEN I AM SAT THERE WATCHING THEM.
 
AND BRINGS MEMORIES OF MY FATHER MANY YEARS AGO BACK WHEN.
 
HE USED TO BRING ME HERE TO HAVE MY ANNUAL HOLIDAY.
 
AND WHEN HE SAW THE YATCHS HE USED TO SIT AND SING AWAY.
 
RED SAILS IN THE SUNSET WAY OUT ON THE SEA.
 
OH CARRY MY LOVED ONE  HOME SAFELY TO ME.
 
 
 
DON'T THEY LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL ALL LINED UP OUT THERE.
 
IT MAKES ME WISH I WAS ON ONE SITTING AS I STARE.
 
WHAT A LOVELY HOBBY THIS SAILING IT MUST BE.
 
I KNOW IT BRINGS ME PLEASURE SO TO THEM IT MUST SURELY.
 
I LOVE IT WHEN THE COLOURED SAILS ARE ALL AGLOW  AS WELL.
 
IF I 'M WATCHING FROM MY WINDOW  SOMETIMES YOU CANNOT TELL.
 
THEY JUST LOOK LIKE BIG COLOURED BALLOONS FLOATING BY OUT THERE.
 
IT'S WONDERFUL TO SEE THEM YOU CARN'T HELP BUT STOP AND STARE.
 
 
AT TIMES LIKE THIS I REALY APPRECIATE LIVING HERE MY FRIENDS.
 
MUCH BETTER THAN INNER CITY WHERE TROUBLES SEEM NO END.
 
STABBINGS FIGHTINGS ARGUMENTS I READ ABOUT EACH DAY.
 
HOW I THANK GOD DAILY HE SENT ME OUT THIS WAY.
 
NOTHING LIKE THAT DOWN HERE NEAR THESE OCEAN WAVES.
 
AND ALL THE LOVELY WHITE CLIFFS TOO WITH THERE HIDDEN CAVES.
 
 
AH WELL MY FRIENDS I'LL GET READY NOW FOR MORNING  WHEN I'M SAT.
 
OUT THERE IN THE SUNSHINE WATCHING ALL THOSE  RIGGERS AT .
 
THERE JOB OF HOISTING PRETTY RED SAILS ALL OF THEM  UP THERE .
 
AND ME BREATHING IN THAT WONDERFUL LOVELY CRISPY FRESH SEA AIR.
 
I LIKE TO GET THINGS READY AT NIGHT SO I CAN GO OUT EARLY MORN. 
 
AS WE HAVE  A BEAUTIFUL RED SKY TONIGHT WHICH THEY SAY IS FOR SAILORS  AT DAWN.
 
 
I'M TRYING TO RELAX THIS  WEEK BECAUSE I REALY THINK I SHOULD.
 
AS AT TIMES I FEEL WE ALL SHOULD DO THIS NOW AND AGAIN IT'S GOOD.
 
PRESSURES IN TODAYS WORLD GET HOLD OF ME AT TIMES.
 
NO WONDER WE GET ILL WHEN TOO HARD WE TRY TO CLIMB.
 
WHY DON'T  YOU TRY SOME RELAXATION OF SOME KIND FRIENDS THIS WEEK.
 
EVERYTHING YOU NORMALLY DO JUST TURN THE OTHER CHEEK.
 
WATER I THINKS REAL RELAXING SO IF YOU HAVE A POOL.
 
LIE THERE BESIDE IT SOME TIME  RELAX AND KEEP YOUR COOL.
 
IF NOT GET IN YOUR GARDENS AND PLACE YOUR FEET INSIDE .
 
A LOVELY COOL BOWL OF WATER YOU'LL FIND IT'S VERY NICE. HE-HE.
 
AH WELL I'LL POP OFF  NOW MY FRIENDS AND PRAY TOMORROW STAYS  FINE.
 
HAVE A LOVELY DAY YOURSELVES FROM  KATH AND
                          "MY SIMPLE RYHME."
 
      

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful your week is going to be.  I'd be right there with you if I could.  Relaxing sounds so good right now.  I think that is something I need to do more often for sure.  Have fun and I hope the weather stays great for you all.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

It sounds lovely Kath, I think I`ll come and join you. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Good for you!  Relax!  Enjoy the regatta!  

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!!!
Have a relaxing 5 days & enjoy yourself. {{ }}
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Have you flitted to Cowes then?  Its been a lovely day.  Hope it stays all week.Don't know about sticking me feet in a bowl in the garden, pretending it's a pool!  Could go one further and buy a bag of soft sand from B&Q as well.
Love, Ang, xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good time and the weather stays good.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

What a woooonderful get away.  I wish I could share your adventure.

Anonymous said...

"Red skies at night, sailor's delight"
Sounds like a wonderful way to spend this week. You do live in an amazing place. Enjoy it all. --Cin

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT DAY!
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful day Kath and really enjoy yourself!  How nice that you are one of the lucky ones that only needs walk out her front door to enjoy this event!  No driving for hours in a hot car only to struggle for a parking space and  a place to sit and watch!  Lucky you!  Enjy, enjoy, enjoy!  I hope you have glorious weather for it as well!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Kath I hope the weather stays good for you ~ so you can sit and watch those beautiful yatchs ~ wish I could join you and sit and chat a while ~ (and share your picnic LOL) Lovely Rhyme as always ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time, Kath, and think of me because I just love the ocean and watching the sails.  You are very lucky to have moved where you are now.  The cliffs and sea look so pretty and peaceful.  I hope you take a lot of pictures so we can all enjoy your trip you had.  I can't wait to hear about it.  Relax, it's your week!  Love xx Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh Kath, there's something special about a regatta.  Takes me back 40 years to family holidays on the IoW.  Have a lovely week on your deckchair
Bunny x

Anonymous said...

Oh Kath..that looks absolutely wonderful.  Have a great time and don't think about us here at work.  lol  I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.  xoxoxoox Dina NY

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun! :o) And so relaxing as well. I loved your pictures. Hugs to you Kath! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath loved te rhyme as usual love the beautiful picture thank you for sharing those with us.  Glad you have some nice weather at last and you are able to enjoy the beautiful place you live in. Have a great time Kathie.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a shore guy but you make it sound so wonderful, Kath. Enjoy it all!

Ben

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh the picture of the sky is breathtaking!!  I bet it is so neat to see all the boats sailing about.  You are lucky to be in such a wonderful place - I'm jealous :)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful week you have planned I hope ther weather stays fine for you and the racing is good. LOve Joan.