Tuesday, 7 August 2007

"THE REGATTA YESTERDAY"

    
WELL FRIENDS I AM BACK TO TELL YOU OF THE REGATTA YESTERDAY .
 
UP EARLY  I WAS AND ALERTS ALL FINISHED AND OFF I WENT ON MY WAY.
 
I TOOK MY DECK CHAIR WITH ME AND ON THE PROM I SETTLED DOWN.
 
THERE WERE A FEW EARLY CLOUDS THAT WERE FLOATING BUT THEY SOON HEADED OFF OUT OF TOWN.
 
THE  SUN BEGAN TO PEEP THROUGH  AGAIN AND THE SKY WAS OH SO CLEAR..
 
SO  I TOOK THIS SNAP OF SOME OF THE PEOPLE HEADING OUT TOWARDS THE PIER. 
 
 
A FEW YATCHS IN THE DISTANCE THEY WERE SLOWLY ALL TURNING OUT.
 
DOZENS OF THEM APPEARED QUITE SOON THEY WERE SCATTERED ALL ABOUT.
 
ON THE BEAUTIFUL CLEAR BLUE OCEAN AND I HEARD A GENTLEMAN SAY.
 
THAT THE BREEZE AND THE CLIMATE WAS PERFECT  FOR MONDAYS YATCHING DAY.
 
THE LAND TRAIN HERE IS EMPTY BELOW IT WAS JUST SETTING OFF TO PICK.
 
ALL THE  PASSENGERS UP WHO WERE WAITING TO COME AND WATCH ON THE FIRST TRIP.
 
 
MY CHAIR I PLACED THIS SIDE OF THE TRAIN SO I HAD A NICE SEA VIEW.
 
IT'S A LOVELY SPOT ABOVE THE PROMENADE KNOWONE  IN FRONT OF YOU.
 
WHILST THE LIFEGUARD AT THE SIDE OF ME CHATTERS TO ALL AND TALKS.
 
HE WILL ALSO WATCH YOUR THINGS FOR YOU IF YOU NEED A LITTLE WALK.
 
SO I TOOK OFF MY FLIP FLOPS AND PADDLED WITH THE SUN ON ME FROM BEHIND.
 
IT WAS RED HOT THIS EARLY MORNING  AND THE BREEZE WAS GENTLE AND KIND.
 
THE DAY WENT WITHOUT ANY HICCUPS PLENTY COMPANY AROUND ME TOO.
 
I THOUGHT WOULDN'T THIS BE JUST IDEAL IF I'D BEEN THERE WITH ALL OF YOU.
 
HERE YOU CAN JUST SEE ONE OF THE GARDENS I SIT IN OUT OF THE SUN.
 
AS ONE OR TWO OF THEM ARE SHADED GETTING BURNT ISN'T TOO MUCH FUN.
 
WELL THE RACES PROGRESSED AND I HAD A GREAT TIME BUT IT'S NOT TILL THE ENDOF THE WEEK.
 
I WILL KNOW THE RESULTS OF THE WINNERS THEN WHEN IN THE PAPER I'll PEEK.
 
TODAY I HAVE BEEN HELD UP WITH  OTHER THINGS AND I DON'T KNOW IF I'LL HAVE TIME.
 
TO HEAD OFF DOWN THE STEPS THERE WITH MY TOWEL TUCKED UNDER MY ARM.
 
 
 
 
OH IT DID FEEL GOOD MY FRIENDS DID THAT SEA RIPPLING OVER MY FEET.
 
AFTER ALL THE RAIN WE HAVE HAD THIS YEAR IT WAS SUCH A LOVELY TREAT.
 
I WALKED ABOUT TWO HUNDRED METRES AND SAT DOWN AND DRIED THEM OFF.
 
THEN WALKED BACK TO MY DECK CHAIR IN TIME FOR MY LUNCH TO SCOFF.
 
THE PROM IT WAS GETTING BUSYIER AS YOU CAN SEE ABOVE.
 
SO I SAT UNTIL ABOUT THREE'O'CLOCK AND OH HOW I DID LOVE.
 
MY DAY WATCHING EVERYONE AND THE YATCHS WHAT A WAY TO PASS MY TIME.
 
THANKYOU FOR ALL  YOUR KIND COMMENTS IN YESTERDAYS
                                    "MY SIMPLE RHYME"
  
 
       

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved to have been with you, Kath.  A real old-fashioned day by the seaside.  What a stunning view.
Bunny x

Anonymous said...

How lovely to see the seaside and the lovely beach.  I am sitting here looking out at black skies and hearing thunder this morning, so your BEACH pictures are particulary inviting and appreciated.  Hope you get out there for a little while again today.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks so beautiful Kath.  I wish I had been there with you also.  Looks like you had a lovely time.  It's so interesting how different countries do different things.  I don't think there's anything here in the states like that is there?  Dina

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there. I do miss the water. That train is so cute, too. --Cin

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to spend your day ,wish Id been with you ,Ihave been feeling very low the last week ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures. :o) It sounds like a nice relaxing thing to do. :o) Hugs to you. :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos Kath.  You could feel the peace and contentment in your words here.   And I swear I can smell the candy floss and doughnuts and fish n chips. They keep the gardens nice don't they?
Love, Angie, xx

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a gorgeous sunny day to enjoy the regatta Kath!  Lovely pictures and wonderful rhyme, as usual!  You always amaze me with your rhyming ability!  I do so love your graphics as well!  Wherever do you come up with them from?  I might steal the little girl to use on mine sometime if you say I can!  She is so sweet!  At any rate it sounds like a lovely day you had, here's hoping there's more of the same today!  Don't forget to wear your sunscreen!
love and hugs,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
Psstt!  I gave you a couple of awards on my blog, so take a peek!  Well deserved I might add as well!

Anonymous said...

The pics are great & sounds like you had a wonderful time. Wish I was there!
Hugs,Sugar

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are gorgeous!  I would love to see it in person, it looks like the kind of place I would love.  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Kath wish I had my deckchair parked next to yours ~ your day sounded perfect ~ Loved the photographs ~ and your Rhyne was lovely as always ~ Ally x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/ally123130585918/Lifewithally

Anonymous said...

Hello Kath, Like Ally said, I wish I was there too. I could have spent all day sitting there looking out to sea at the yachts. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

How i would love to paddle my feet in the sea and sit on the beach.  It looks a lovely place where you live.  I bet it is a bit lonley in the winter though.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous beach!!!!  Can you tell me what part of UK that is?  Wow, someday, when I get there... I will have to visit it!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful time.  Me?  I'm SO SICK OF SUMMER!!!  Arrggghh!!  

(pouting)
Russ

Anonymous said...

     KATH IT IS GREAT TO HAVE A FUN TIME LIKE THAT.          sam

Anonymous said...

Wish I had seen all this too. Great you hasd such fine weather. LOve Joan.

Anonymous said...

Wish I had seen all this too. Great you had such fine weather. LOve Joan.

Anonymous said...

Being a lover of the sea, Kath, and having been to a huge number of beaches in the US, I can say that yours is just one of the loveliest.  The water is soooo blue, and the gardens...I don't know of many US beaches that have gardens.  I find water so relaxing.  I would have loved to have taken off my shoes and walked along the water's edge with you.  I'm so glad the sun was shining for you finally, and you had a wonderful day and time.  Love xx Chris