Wednesday, 8 August 2007

"ABOUT A LAUGH I ONCE HAD"

         
                         
I THOUGHT TODAY I WOULD TELL YOU MY FRIENDS ABOUT A LAUGH I ONCE HAD.
 
IT WAS ON MY PARTNERS FIFTIETH I WAS ALWAYS PLAYING TRICKS POOR LAD. HE-HE.
 
I WROTE THIS RHYME AND I PLANNED WHAT TO DO AND EVERYTHING TURNED OUT GREAT.
 
AND STRANGELY ENOUGH ON THE SAME  MORNING DON'T YOU THINK THIS WAS FATE.
 
I GOT SOME AIR TICKETS IN THE POST TO GO OUT TO THE USA .
 
HE HAD PLANNED THIS HOLIDAY ONCE AGAIN BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT HIS DADS DAY.
 
WHEN HE HAD SENT THESE TICKETS I HADN'T TOLD HIM  THEN.
 
THEY ARRIVED IN THE POST THE SAME DAY  SO WHEN I OPENED THEM.
 
I COULDN'T BELIEVE THAT HE HAD SENT THESE TICKETS AND WHAT HE HAD PLANNED .
 
TO TAKE US TO THIS PLACE BELOW WHEN OCEANS AWAY WE SPANNED.
 
SO HERE IS WHAT I DID  MY FREINDS WHEN PARNERS  FIFTIETH CAME ALONG.
 
AND AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ALL GOT TOGETHER AND SANG THIS LITTLE SONG.HE-HE.
 
I MADE A GREAT BIG POSTER ABOUT THREE FOOT TALL BY TWO.
 
AND I STUCK MY PARTNERS PICTURE ON FOR EVERYONE TO VIEW.
 
I SENT IT TO HIS WORK FOR HIS BOSS TO PIN UPON THE WALL.
 
IN THE CANTEEN AT LUNCHTIME IT WOULD BE SEEN BY ALL.
 
HE-HE I THOUGHT IT FUNNY AND I LIKED MY LITTLE PLAN.
 
SO  I RANG HIS BOSS THE NIGHT BEFORE AND HE SAID OF COURSE YOU CAN. 
 
WELL WHEN HIS BOSS RECEIVED IT HE PINNED IT NICE AND CLEAR.
 
WITH THE WORDS ABOVE IN GREAT BIG LETTERS LOOK AT THIS POSTER HERE HE-HE.
 
 
 
                  50TH BIRTHDAY WISHES.
 
THERES A GUY WORKS HERE AT HOWELS BLYES
 
WHO TODAY WILL JUST NOT BELIEVE HIS EYES.
 
WHEN HE TAKES A LOOK  ROUND UPON THE WALL.
 
HE'LL SEE DAVIE CROCKETT STANDING TALL.
 
I KNOW WHO'S DONE THIS HE'LL PROBABLY SAY.
 
IT'LL BE MY LASS FOR MY BIRTHDAY.
 
WELL YES YOUR RIGHT I THINK YOU LOOK GREAT.
 
SO I ASKED A FAVOUR OF YOUR MATE.
 
WILL YOU PIN THIS UP FOR ALL TO SEE.
 
HE REPLIED OH! YES JUST RELY ON ME.
 
I COULDN'T RESIST THE DAY TO GO BY.
 
WITHOUT PUTTING A GLINT IN EVERYONES EYE.
 
SO PLEASE DON'T SHOOT US IT'S ALL IN FUN.
 
AS WERE ALL LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR CREAM BUNS.
 
SO LETS ALL SHOUT HIP HIP HOORAY!!
 
IT'S CROCKETTS FIFTIETH WHAT A DAY.
 
WE'LL HAVE A PARTY WITH LOTS OF CHEER .
 
COS WE THINK YOUR THE KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER. HE-HE
 
DAVIE- DAVIE- CROCKETT KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER  HE-HE.
 
 
 
 
WELL AS I WAS SAYING EARLIER  TICKETS CAME FROM MY SON.
 
WE COULDN'T BELIEVE HE HAD SENT THESE OUT AT THE SAME TIME AND WHAT HE HAD DONE.
 
HE HAD PLANNED FOR US TO VISIT HIM AT HOME IN DALLAS THEN.
 
AND TO TAKE US TO DOWN ON A LONG LONG JOURNEY TO SAN ANTONIO WHEN.
 
HIS DAD COULD BE THE REAL DAVIE CROCKETT OUTSIDE THE ALAMO .
 
 
WASN'T THAT JUST SO STRANGE MY FRIENDS AND THIS IS SO TRUE DO YOU KNOW.
 
IF THAT WASN'T FATE I DON'T KNOW WHAT WAS BUT DELIGHTED THAT DAY  OF COURSE.
 
AND TO FINISH IT OFF I PUT IN HIS CARD A RECORDING OF MY VOICE          HE-HE.
 
I  BOUGHT A MUSICAL BIRTHDAY CARD ONE YOU RECORD YOURSELF.
 
AND I SANG ALL THIS SONG INTO IT  AND PLACED IT UPON THE LOUNGE SHELF.
 
WHEN HE OPENED IT UP MY VOICE HE DID HEAR THERE WAS LAUGHTER HEARD ALL AROUND.
 
AT THE END OF THE SONG MYFRIENDS THERE WAS KATH YES ME I AMLAUGHING OUT LOUD.
 
I HAVE ANOTHER PICTURE OF HIM AS A YOUNG ONE WITH NOT A STITCH ON.
 
SO THE VERSE I WROTE IN THE CARD DID SAY DONT SHOOT ME IT'S ALL IN FUN.
 
IF YOU DO WOE BETIDE THE NEXT BIRTHDAY PICTURE YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT IV'E DONE.
 
COS  I'LL PUT A PICTURE IN THE GUARDIAN SHOWING ONE OF YOUR BUM  HE-HE.
 
I STILL HAVE THE CARD HERE IN FRONT OF ME NOW AND IT IS STILL WORKING JUST FINE.
 
I WISH YOU COULD ALL JUST LISTEN TO ME SINGING IT HERE IN "MY SIMPLE RHYME" HE HE.
 
 
 HERE IS THE CARD BELOW  HAAAAAA
 
 AND MY SINGING IS STILL IN TACT.
 
THIS WAS SIX YEARS AGO BY THE WAY!!
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kath I would just love to be at one of your get togethers I can imaginge a lot of laughter and a lot of fun ~ Love the Rhyme and all the pictures ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Kath, it does sound as if you have a lot of fun at your get-togethers, and what a wonderful sense of humour you have!  Your partner is indeed lucky to have found you as a companion in life, as indeed we are to have your lovely little bits of prose here in J-land.  You brighten all our days.  I always leave here with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.  Thanks so much my special J-Land friend!
Happy Days!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing this morning for sure !  Thanks for sharing your clever ryhme today!
You do have fun!  Hope you have a great day !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

LOL....I loved this rhyme! You are so fun! :o) Thank you for sharing.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to surprise your mate!  I love San Antonio and it was good to see the pic of the Alamo.

Anonymous said...

What a good laugh Kath!   You're ace.
Angie, xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/faveanti/canyouallhearmeattheback/

Anonymous said...

LOL
Your partner is sooo lucky to have you! :)
I love San Antonio, nice to see that Alamo pic.
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story, Kath.  Your son's a treasure !
Bunny x

Anonymous said...

haha you are so funny!!!
:) :)
thanks for sharing.
Nena

Anonymous said...

You are a great mate & a very funny, witty lady!!  I always enjoy your rhymes...I don't know how you do it.  
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

     YOUR ENTRY IS GREAT ABOUT LAUGHS.
A BROTHER FOUR YEARS OLDER THAN I, WAS EXPERT AT LAUGHING AT EVERYONE EXCEPT HIMSELF.
    THEN CAME THE DAY WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 12 YEARS OLD AND WE NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS WERE PLAYING BALL ACROSS THE STREET FROM OUR HOME.
          MY BROTHER MADE A 'HOME RUN' FROM THE BENCH WHERE HE AWAITED HIS TURN TO BAT. ONLY HOME RUN REMEMBERED FROM THE BENCH. DID NOT MAKE IT ALL THE WAY HOME.
      ANYONE ELSE IN HIS PREDICAMENT AND HE WOULD LAUGHED HIS HEAD OFF. INSTEAD, THERE HE WENT, SHORT STEPS AND THE DOGS FOLLOWING CLOSELY.
              BROTHER SHOULD HAVE STAYED HOME AFTER TAKING A DOUBLE DOSE OF EX-LAX.            sam      canon  city  colorado     august 8, 2007

Anonymous said...

LOL... I love the picture in the full Davy Crockett regalia!  I can here the song in my head...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

A fun birthday surprise...and a lovely photo, too. He certainly wasn't camera-shy as a boy, eh? --Cin

Anonymous said...

I am leaving this message for people to read if they visit.Thankyou to all who sent e. mails telling me they couldn't get in to leave a comment,I do appreciate that evry much..AOL wouldn't let them once again Grrrrrrrrrrrr.Kath.
Astoriasand.

Anonymous said...

Its all sooo cute. Did you happen to visit Mission San Jose while you were in San Antonio? I lived very close there. Paula

Anonymous said...

Happy 50th to your man. What a fun birthday greeting, and the trip to Texas too. LOL! I emailed you about the singing card. Thanks for visiting me again, and leaving comments in my journal, kath.  Bea


Anonymous said...

You must have not gotten a wink of sleep before doing such a perfect prank!  Love it!

Russ

Anonymous said...

Answer to Mary,yes I do laugh a lot.It's the best medicine of the day .Well it works for me LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Kath, what a wonderful birthday he must have had.  I love the idea of singing into a card yourself.  And the tickets...yikes, who could have predicted that would happen.  I'm amazed that six years later the card still works.  Bet that's a birthday he will always remember.  Have yourself a wonderful weekend!  Love xx Chris

Anonymous said...

What laughs you do think up for your family Kath.  A right little schemer LOL.
Jenny <><