Sunday, 1 April 2007

"IN YOUR EASTER BONNET"

    

  (Thankyou So Much To Chris Of Cabs Creations For This Beautiful Garphic).

                        " IN YOUR EASTER BONNET "

                              
 "IN YOUR EASTER BONNET WITH ALL THE FRILLS UPON IT".
 
"YOU'LL BE THE GRANDEST  LADY  IN THE EASTER PARADE".
 
 
                           
          
 
ANOTHER TALE TO TELL YOU  ABOUT  PAST EASTER TIMES.
 
SO I THOUGHT I'D TELL YOU ALL ABOUT THEM IN THIS WEEK/ENDS RHYME. 
 
I KNOW IT'S NOT QUITE EASTER  YET BUT THIS COMING WEEK I'M BUSY.
 
IV'E LOTS TO DO BEFORE NEXT WEEK SO  I'LL BE IN A TIZZY. 
 
IT'S ALL ABOUT OUR  EASTER BONNETS WAY BACK THEN WHICH WE.
 
LOVED TO MAKE OURSELVES BY HAND  MY NEIGHBOURS FRIENDS  AND ME.
 
WHEN EASTER SUNDAY CAME AROUND WE ALL MARCHED  OFF TO  GO.
 
TO OUR LOCAL VILLAGE GREEN OUR BONNETS THERE TO  SHOW.
 
THESE  BEAUTIFUL EASTER BONNETS THEY LOOKED LOVELY WE FELT PROUD.
 
THAT WE HAD PACIENTLY DECORATED FOR THE WAITING CROWD.
 
BONNETS ADORNED IN FLOWERS  AND BONNETS WITH CHICKS ON TOP.
 
BONNETS  WITH TINY EASTER EGGS ON AND RABBITS WITH EARS THAT FLOP.
 
BONNETS TOPPED UP WITH FRESH FRESHIA OH!  WHAT  A BEAUTIFUL SCENT.
 
AND ALL THESE PRETTY BONNETS MADE FROM MANY AN OLD HAT SPENT.
 
OUR CHILDREN WITH US HAND IN HAND WITH THERE EASTER BONNETS ON TOO.
                        
  
US MUMS HAD MADE THEM ALL ONE EACH TRIMMED UP IN PINK  AND BLUE.
 
ALL THE CHILDREN WOULD GET A PRIZE AFTER THEY SHOWED THEM OFF.
 
USUALY A GIANT  BIG EASTER EGG TWO MINUTES AND THEY WERE SCOFFED. (HA)
 
THE WINNER OF THE MUMS PRIZE RECEIVED CASH TO USE AS SHE WISHED.
 
RAISED FROM COLLECTIONS AROUND THE VILLAGE EVERYONE GAVE TO THIS.
 
WE MUMS WOULD LINE UP IN A  ROW THEN WE WOULD FORM  A RING.
 
FACING THE  REGULARS SAT IN THE SUNSHINE AND ALL OF THEM WOULD  SING.
 
"IN YOUR EASTER BONNET WITH ALL THE FRILLS UPON IT".
 
"YOU'LL BE THE GRANDEST  LADY IN THE EASTER PARADE".
 
                     
 
WE WOULD HAVE AN INDEPENDANT JUDGE TO COME ALONG AND CHOOSE.
 
THE ONE THEY THOUGHT DESERVED FIRST PRIZE AN EDITOR FROM THE NEWS.
 
THE MONEY THEN ALL COLLECTED THE WINNER  ANNOUNCED TO THE CROWD.
 
SHE ALWAYS GAVE HER PRIZE AWAY TO OUR CHARITY OF WHICH WE WERE PROUD.
 
OUR CHARITY WAS FOR THE BLIND DOGS WE GAVE TO THIS CHARITY FOR YEARS.
 
THEN WE HAD A PRESENTATION EVENING WITH APPLAUSE AND LOTS OF  CHEERS.
 
THE TREASURER OF THE LOCAL BLIND  WOULD BRING THE GUIDE DOG ALONG.
 
INTRODUCING US ALL TO THE GUIDE DOG  FOR  A FUSS TO BE MADE UPON.
                                              
THE WINNER PRESENTED THE CHEQUE TO THE TREASURER ON BEHALF OF US ALL. 
 
WHAT A WONDERFUL GIFT  AND SIMPLY  RAISED FROM BONNETS MADE LARGE AND  SMALL. 
 
IT'S A LITTLE LATE NOW MY MY J/LAND FRIENDS BUT IF J/LANDS AROUND NEXT YEAR. 
 
WE COULD ALL  MAKE A BONNET TO SHOW  OFF TO OUR J/LAND FRIENDS ON HERE.
 
GET OUT OUR DIDGY CAMERAS AND TAKE A NICE CLEAR SHOT.
 
AS JUST A SINGULAR PICTURE OR PLACE IT ON YOUR TOP KNOT. (HA)
 
I'M SURE ALL OTHER J/LANDERS WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM ALL.
 
BE IT ONE YOU HAVE MADE FOR YOURSELF OR FOR DAUGHTER OR GRANDCHILD SMALL.
 
ALL EASTER BONNETS WE'D VIEW IN POSTS AND OVER THE POND SO FAR.
 
WE COULD THEN  REDUCE THE PICTURE IN SIZE AND PLACE IT IN OUR SIDEBAR.
 
OUR SIDEBARS WOULD LOOK REALY PRETTY WITH OUR BONNETS PLACED INSIDE.
 
AND OH SO EASY TO SHOW THEM OFF WHAT WE HAD MADE WITH PRIDE.
 
WELL IF KNOWONE BY THAT TIME IS INTERESTED THEN I AM FOR ONE GOING TO DO.
 
AN EASTER BONNET NEXT YEAR OF MY OWN TO SHOW  OFF TO ALL OF YOU. (HA)
 
I LIKE TO CELEBRATE EASTER AND ALL THAT IT MEANS BESIDES THIS.
 
THE LAST FEW YEARS " OUR EASTER PARADE"  I MUST ADMIT I HAVE MISSED.
 
AND IV'E ALSO MISSED HEARING THE FAMOUS SONG SUNG LOUDLY AS WE WALKED ROUND.
 
ALL THE VILLAGE PEOPLE SINGING OH WHAT A LOVELY SOUND.
 
"IN YOUR EASTER BONNET WITH ALL THE FRILLS  UPON IT".
 
"YOU'LL BE THE GRANDEST LADY IN THE EASTER PARADE".
                   
 
HOW  I LOVED OUR  " EASTER BONNET PARADE"  WE ALL HAD  A REALY GOOD TIME.
 
SO I HOPE YOUV'E ENJOYED MY EASTER MEMORY HERE IN "MY SIMPLE RHYME.
 
                
       I HOPE YOU ALL GET A NICE BIG CHOCOLATE CHUCKY EGG.
 
                            ME WANTS ONE ANYWAY HE-HE
 
                "MAY I WISH YOU ALL A VERY BLESSED EASTER"
 
                                       "HAVE A LOVELY BREAK "
                        
                                           GOD BLESS YOU ALL
 
                                                        FROM
 
 
                                                                    

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kath, what a brilliant idea - a J/land Easter Bonnett Parade next Easter.  I'm in!!!
love, Angie, xx

Anonymous said...

Kath that was one lovely Rhyme ~ I think it is a gread idea about an Easter Bonnet parade ~ loved your little graphics ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed your poem Kath.  Count me in for an Easter Bonnet Parade next year!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
PS.  I hope you have a lovely Easter too!

Anonymous said...

I'll be in that Easter Parade for sure next year.  Don't forget to remind us way ahead of time !  I love the idea!!!  What a nice custom , it's too bad it's not done any longer.  I can remember so well the days of hats and we all loved to wear them.  I still have a few but feel so subconcious when I wear them, that I've given up.  Now they just decorate my coat tree ...a Happy and Blessed Easter to you to!  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I'm there with the bonnet, can't wait used to love making one when I was a kid.Thanks for the memories, feeling all fluffy now lol.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

We always had an Easter parade also and wore lovely bonnets.  Even when my children were small, they had a promenade on Easter Sunday.  The girls were all dressed up with bonnets and hats.  That seems to have disappeared.   LOL...I made a victorian tag with "In your Easter bonnet" on it but haven't put it up yet.

I think your idea of putting Easter bonnets in our sidebars next year is a great one.  I'll take part in it and promote it.  I think it's lovely.  Have yourself a good Sunday, Kath!  It's raining cats and dogs here.  Love xx Chris

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry as usual dear Kathh ,and I love the idea ,next year we have an Easter bonnet parade ,count me in ,Have a lovely week and try not to get in a tizzy ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Loved your poem Kath it was great.  What a wonderful idea count me in I would love to have a go.  The younger children have made bonnets in Paygroup will post Amelia'a soon to show everyone. bye for now Kathie.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your rhyme Kath.  I remember one year in school we had an Easter Parade.  All that week, myself and my parents busied ourselves making a bonnet ready for the Contest.

Then on the day I put the finished product on my head.  It was so heavy the bonnet fell off onto the floor.  I was not amused! Can laugh about it now though!!

Happy Easter to you.
Leigh :-)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/edwardssoapy/LeighsWorld/"

Anonymous said...

How beautiful. :o) That brought back such nice memories for me! ;o)
Have a great day!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful rhyme and the Easter Bonnet contest prize winnings going to the 'Guide Dogs for the Blind' fund is a great mission.   They are very special dogs' that devote their lives to being disciplined and doing only one purpose.    I saw a blind man once that was angry with his dog at a street corner and handling him roughly and I didn't know what to think.    The poor dog was only being confused more by his anger and I felt badly though I am sure the blind man had a reason to be upset, it just was the way he was handling it.   I saw the same man another time with a different dog doing well walking down the sidewalk.    I will be seeing a back surgeon on May 21 after waiting 6 month's for an appointment.    My Neurologist said I definitely need back surgery.    The wait is because of my Medicaid funding which does not pay much and then takes over a year before the doctor receives any money.    It is like doing charity work for him and he can only take on so many patient's with Medicaid like me, therefore the waiting list.    This is just the first appointment so I won't know anything to after that.     I don't have a woman around to make an Easter Bonnet so I am afraid I may not have one for next year!    mark

Anonymous said...

More great stuff, Kath!!  That Easter bonnet song always reminds me of the Sally Field movie "Sybil"....a movie about a young woman with multiple personalities.

Russ

Anonymous said...

Your Easter blessings I felt in my heart.  Thank You so much.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath...

Love the graphics and your rhyme, this is a wonderful entry...Best Wishes!

Astra!

http://journals.aol.com/astra1547/astras-new-journal/

ASTRA1547

Anonymous said...

Girl, I like how you are still rhyming. Makes me smile. =.) Thank you for your kind words in my journal. You are a good friend.
Hugs,
Win =.)

Anonymous said...

    HERE WHERE I LIVE , ONE MUST BE AT LEAST 62 YEARS OLD TO QUALIFY.
       EACH EASTER  UP AT THE PENTHOUSE IS HELD AN 'EASTER PARADE' AND ALL THE BONNETS ARE SELF CRAFTED AND BEAUTIFUL.
     CAMERA LIGHTS ARE FLASHING AS THE PARADE GOES ALONG AND OF COURSE THE CROWD ANXIOUS TO LEARN THE WINNER OF THE CREATION.
     SO, WE NEVER GET TOO OLD TO REMEMBER AND WORSHIP THE REASON FOR THE SEASON,  JESUS.     sam

Anonymous said...

Another lovely rhyme and what a wonderful idea for an easter bonnet parade in J~Land,  you have some wonderful memories of days gone by,
sorry to be late commenting on this entry, but not been to well these past few days, hope that you will forgive me,

love Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

HAPPY EASTER KATH TO YOU AND YOURS...HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TOMORROW.  I AM COOKING FOR 17 PEOPLE.  I'M EXCITED :)  DINA XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath - Happy Easter, Luv Jayne x

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath...

I hope you had a great Easter...Best Wishes!


Astra!

http://journals.aol.com/astra1547/astras-new-journal/

ASTRA1547@sky.com