SUNDAY IS SOMEONES BIRTHDAY YOU CAN SEE ABOVE IN THE PIC.
SO I THOUGHT I'D BETTER DO A RHYME AND I HAD TO DO IT QUICK.
I ONLY REALY FOUND OUT A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO.
WITH OTHER THINGS UPON MY MIND MY MEMORY FAILS ME SO.
BUT I COULDN'T LET THIS DATE PASS BY IT'S A SPECIAL ONE YOU SEE.
IT'S ASTRA'S SIXTIETH BIRTHDAY AND SHE'S BEEN SO KIND TO ME.
WHEN I FIRST STARTED BLOGGING SHE HELPED ME ALL SHE COULD.
AND WE OFTEN USED TO HAVE A CHAT I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD.
BUT SHE ENCOURAGED ME TO TRY WITH A FEW WORDS NOW AND THEN.
AND BOY DID WE THEN HAVE SOME LAUGHS I SOON TRIED IT AGAIN.
THEN RECENTLY I WAS UPSET WHEN ASTRA HAD TO LEAVE.
SHE LEFT OUR A -O -HELL PROVIDER AND I WAS REALY PEAVED.
SHE'S STILL RUNNING A JOURNAL ON J/LAND WHEN SHE CAN.
AND SHE'S ALSO GOT ANOTHER BLOG OF WHICH I AM A FAN.
I DON'T KNOW ASTRA'S ADDRESS AND SO I THOUGHT THAT I .
WOULD MAKE MY NEW RHYME ALL FOR HER WELL IV'E HAD A TRY.
"HAPPY HAPPY SIXTIETH" ASTRA MY DEAR FRIEND.
I WISH I COULD HAVE SENT YOU A GIFT I DON'T PRETEND.
SO HAVE A LOVELY DAY DEAR ENJOY FROM MORN TILL NIGHT.
AND IF YOU DON'T GO OUT WELL YOU PUT YOUR FEET UP RIGHT!!!!
RELAX AND I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU ON " YOUR SPECIAL DAY ".
AND LET ME SAY I'M HAPPY I WENT DOWN ASTRA'S WAY.
I'D LIKE TO SAY A THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS YOU.
HAVE PLACED INSIDE MY JOURNAL AND I'M HAPPY I MET YOU.
I HOPE YOU LIKE YOUR CAKE I MADE THOUGH I'M NOT VERY GOOD.
AT GRAPHICS AS SOME OTHERS ARE I REALY WISH I COULD.
HAVE SENT YOU ALL THOSE BALLS OF WOOL PLACED ABOVE UPON YOUR CAKE.
FOR YOU TO GET YOUR NEEDLES OUT AND ANOTHER CARDY TO MAKE.
I DIDN'T PUT ALL THE CANDLES ON TOO MANY TO BLOW OUT YOU SEE.
AND I DIDN'T WANT YOU OUT OF BREATH IN DOING SO LIKE ME. ( HA ).
AS YOU WILL HAVE TO SAVE THAT BREATH TO TRIP OFF DON'T YOU SEE.
TO GO AND GET YOUR BUS PASS LIKE I DID HE- HE -HE .
NO FLOWERS TO YOUR DOOR AS SUCH BUT AT LEAST I KNOW THAT YOU.
WILL BE VERY VERY GRATEFUL OF THESE AND A WORD OR TWO.
THAT I HAVE PLACED RIGHT HERE TODAY SO ASTRA TILL NEXT TIME.
"BEST WISHES" FROM THE SEASIDE AND HUGS IN " MY SIMPLE RHYME".
THANKYOU TO EMMI FOR THIS LOVELY GRAPHIC)
15 comments:
Happy Birthday Astra! So thoughtful of you Kath, to do this little rhyme for her. What a dear friend you are! I love coming on here and reading your rhymes....a day when there isn't one from you is always such a dissappointment for me. I look forward to them so much! Have a lovely Saturday Kath!
Marie
http://hannahscountrykitchen.blogspot.com/
Wow! 60! I doubt I'll make it to that particular milestone -- but if I do I expect a poem from you!! LOL
Russ
My big sis turns sixty next month. Happy virthday to your friend.
Debbie xxx
Oh I didnt know either what a lovely thing to do for our dear friend Astra ,like you I was sorry when she left AOL but still follow her antics on her new journal ,bless you ,for doing this for her ,and I will join everyone in wishing Dear Astra a very Happy Birthday ,with Many Happy Returns of the day ....love Jan xx
I do wish Astra a Happy 60th too ! I miss her journal but hope to view the new one soon. Your gift to her on her birthday is a delight and as always you have written a wonderful ryhme. 'On Ya' - ma
happy birthday!!
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/
HB dear Astra! Hope she has a lovely one.
Hugs, Sugar
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASTRA!!! :o)
Lisa
What a lovely rhyme for Astra. Happy birthday Astra, have a wonderful day!
Best wishes,
Leigh :-)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/edwardssoapy/LeighsWorld/"
Kath I think this Rhyme will make Astra's day ~ "Happy Birthday Astra" hope you have a wonderful day ~ Ally x
That was a great tribute to your friend Kath, Happy Birthday Astra! :o)
Love Sandra xxxx
How lucky Astra is to have such a good friend as yourself.
John.
I think Astra will love this precious gift you have done for her.
Jenny <><
Hi Kath...
Thanx for the mention Kath, i feel honoured and love every word you wrote for me and i love the cake and flowers too. you have made my day...Best Wishes to you too Kath!
Thanx to you all who have left birthday greetings on Kath's journal.
Astra!
http://journals.aol.com/astra1547/astras-new-journal/
ASTRA1547@sky.com
Happy Birthday to Astra! I just found her other blog today because she left me a link in my graphics journal. Seems she can't add graphics to the AOL one...go figure. Hope you have a good week, Kath! I just love that last tag that Emmi made! Love xx Chris
Post a Comment