(Thankyou Donna for this lovely graphic it realy cheers me!!)
SHE PICKS UP A TROLLEY AND GIVES IT A PUSH.
JUST STROLLS ALONG NOT IN ANY RUSH.
IN GOES THE DAZ AND A LARGE BOX OF SURF.
SHE DOESN'T SEEM BOTHERED HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH.
DOWN THE NEXT ROW NOW SHE'S NOT IN NO HURRY.
PICKS UP INGREDIANTS TO MAKE A NICE CURRY.
THE TOILETRY COUNTER IS JUST OVER THERE .
SHE SLOWLY WALKS OVER TAKES A RINSE FOR HER HAIR
.
SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER AND MAYBE SOME SPRAY.
THEN OUT OF DATE TABLE FOR BARGAIN OF DAY.
ON TO THE FISH NOW TO GET SOME NICE TROUT.
HER CHILD PICKS UP SWEETIES SHE GIVES HIM A CLOUT.
ROUND TO THE NEXT ROW TO GET SOME CORNFLAKES.
DOWN TO THE BAKING TO PICK UP SOME CAKES.
THE WINE STORES QUITE TEMPTING SHE PUTS IN SOME SHERRY.
HER THOUGHTS ARE THEY TRIFLES OR MAYBE GET MERRY.
BRAZILS AND SOME WALNUTS SHE MUSTN'T FORGET.
GELLATINE FOR FLANS TO MAKE SURE THEY SET.
CURRANTS AND RAISINS AND CHERRIES AND DATES.
TEABAGS AND SUGAR AND SOME COFFEE MATE.
DOESN'T FORGET BUBBLE BATH FACECLOTH AND SPONGE.
JIF AND SOME BLEACH TO CLEAN ALL THE GUNGE.
HER BASKET GETS HIGHER RIGHT TO THE TOP.
OH SHE'S REMEMBERED SHE NEEDS A NEW MOP.
THEN MOVES TO THE MEAT COUNTER HALF OF NICE HAM.
ON TO THE HARDWARE A NEW FRYING PAN.
OH THOSE LOOK QUITE NICE I THINK I'LL GET ONE
.
A BIG FRESH CREAM CAKE WHEN WILL SHE BE DONE.
INTO NONE FOODS SHE DECIDES SHE WILL BUY.
HERSELF A NEW SKIRT SO SHE NIPS IN TO TRY.
YES IT FITS PERFECT SO INTO THE CART.
GOES THE NEW SKIRT WHICH SHE THINKS WILL LOOK SMART.
I BEST GO NOW GET ALL MY TINS FOR THE WEEK.
BEANS AND SOME EGGS WITH CHIPS THE KIDS TREAT.
PEAS AND ALL SORTS OF DIFFERANT SOUPS.
SLIMMING ONES VEG AND SPAGETTI HOOPS.
ROUND TO THE MUSIC I THINK I WILL CHOOSE.
A NEW CD TO SHAKE OFF MY BLUES.
HER FRIEND FOLLOWS ON AND THE TROLLEY OVERFLOWS.
BY NOW SHE IS WONDERING HOW MUCH SHE OWES.
SHE GETS TO THE CHECKOUT AND THEN STARTS TO PACK.
THE LADY ASKS DO YOU WANT ANY CASH BACK.
OH YES PLEASE SHE SAYS I'LL HAVE FIFTY POUND.
SHE SAYS TO HER FRIEND WHEN SHE TURNS AROUND .
I DARN'T TELL MY HUBBY OR I'LL HAVE HIM TO FAN.
I'M APPLYING FOR ANOTHER LOAN THIS WEEK IF I CAN.
OH! WHY DON'T THEY CLOSE ALL THESE LARGE SUPERSTORES.
AND BRING BACK THE SMALL CORNER SHOP PLEASE ONCE MORE.
THESE STORES ARE JUST MAKING HER POORER EACH DAY.
BRING BACK THE PLEASANT AND SMALL DOWN OUR WAY.
I'M SURE IF THEY DID LOTS WOULD BE BETTER OFF.
NOT TRYING ALL THE NEW GOODS TO EAT AND TO SCOFF.
TO DO SOME HOME BAKING AND STICK WITH A PRICE.
THESE LARGE STORES JUST TEMPT SOME IT'S NOT VERY NICE.
NO WONDER SO MANY ARE PILED UP WITH DEPT.
WHEN LOANS AND OVERDRAFTS ARE SO EASY TO GET.
THEY WANT TO STOP THESE TOO AND GIVE THEM A CHANCE.
TOGET THEMSELVES SORTED WITH SOME SORT OF PLAN.
SO SHE DIDN'T GO MAD IN THE LARGE SUPERSTORE.
WHEN SHE GOT HOME SHE WOULD'NT WORRY ANY MORE.
I KNOW THAT IT ISN'T ANY BUSINESS OF MINE.
BUT I'M SURE THE CORNER SHOP "IT SERVED US JUST FINE".
WE DIDN'T HAVE TO WORRY AND WE MANAGED JUST SAME.
AND NOT GOING HOME FEELING ALL OF THAT PAIN.
OF ALL WHAT IS OWED TO OTHERS AS SUCH.
EVEN IF WE DIDN'T HAVE VERY MUCH.
I HOPE A FEW YOUNG OF TODAYS DAY AND AGE.
WILL REALISE THAT SUPERSTORES WERE NOT ALL THE RAGE.
AND NEXT TIME OUT SHOPPING CUT DOWN THEY'D BE FINE.
AND THEY'D BE MUCH RICHER NEXT YEAR AT THIS TIME.
NOT MAKING MORE PROFIT FOR THE LARGE SUPERSTORE.
AND NOT FILLING FORMS IN FOR LOANS AND WANT MORE.
DON'T SPEND AS MUCH AND TRY AND MAKE DO.
I'M SURE LIFE WILL BE MUCH PLEASANTER FOR YOU
.
IF YOUR FRIENDS DON'T LIKE YOU FOR WHAT YOU HAVE GOT.
THEN TO ME THERE NOT FRIENDS AND NOT WORTH A LOT.
I HOPE MY ADVISE HELPS SOMEONE IN TIME.
WHAT I HAVE JUST MENTIONED IN MY SIMPLE RHYME.
KATH Astoriasand
11 comments:
Hi Kath again I love reading your rhymes you are so good at it. I can appreciated what you are saying because my husband is still shopping for 5 people. when we are only two now. Years ago when we had the children and grandparents we started to buy most thing in bulk as it worked out much cheaper, but now we are down to just the two of us our cuppards are still heaving under the weight of food.We have a fridge in the Kitchen, a fridge freezer in the garage and a chest freezer, in the garage, we just got rid of another fridge freezer when we did the kitchen. We are getting there. bit by bit. Ha ha. Kathie.
i liked this entry alot.
my music video does not show with the link either. but i do love the song
thanks for stoppiong by and commenting
hugs
noelle
Though you have done this in your very clever way ,in rhyme ,your message is none the less very sensible and I do so agree ,love Jan xx PS I didnt get an alert for this Im pleased you emailed me dear xx
Oh Kath how very true this is. I always go to the superstore..at least once a week and spend a fortune. Always buying things I never went there for in the first place. It's so easy to spend a bundle. What happened to all of the little Mom and Pop stores? I miss them! Dina xoxo
Oh Kath, thanks so much for this lovely poem. It is so true the big conglomerate grocery chains are killing our corner shops. The corner shops is what I loved so much about Britain when I first came over here. They are one of the things that make the UK so unique! It would be a shame to see them all dissappear!
Have a wonderful day!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
PS You are right, alerts don't seem to be working, yet again! Pop on over to mine if you like. I am showing off the inside of my fridge today!
Wonderful good advise! I try to take a list and STICK to it. But temptation does sometimes get the best of me.
Lovely, Kath, and echoes the thoughts of most of us I should think. I wouldn't have been able to tell it like that! You're a clever lady. Thanks for emailing an alert - as you know, we're not getting them. Thanks also for double spacing the lines of your Rhyme. It was much easier for manky eyes to follow. Love Angie, x
It never fails that I get things that were not on my list of needed items...I love your shopping rhyme. 'On Ya' -ma
Very well put hon!! I for one tend to try to follow my list when I grocery shop, another wise suggestion is to not go hungry , you tend to buy more things you don't need. As far as everything else. I budget when I want something, it makes it all the more worthwhile when I finally do get it. (Hugs) Indigo
THAT SAYS IT ALL AND MORE, KATH.
WE CUT UP OUR CREDIT CARDS WHEN FORTUNATELY COULD SEE IT JUST WAS'NT GOING TO WORK.
IT WAS VERY TUFF FOR A WHILE(ON MY INSISTANCE), BEING AN OLD FARM BOY MARRIED TO A CITY GIRL WITH NO FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FROM EITHER PARENTS.
SWEET MAYY JANE'S STOCK ANSWER WAS, I DID'NT BUY ANYTHING WE DID NOT NEED.
SURPRISINGLY, WE STAYED PUT FOR ALMOST 50 YEARS AND NOW SHE IS UP THERE WHERE STREETS ARE OF GOLD AND HOPEFULLY HAS THE NOD FOR ANYTHING DESIRED.
AM NOT GOING TO 'RUSH' IT THOUGH WILL BE HAPPY TO BE THERE WITH HER.
CREDIT CARDS CAN BE HARMFUL WHEN NOT WISELY USED. sam
You are so right Kath! Today everyone wants more and more and instant gratification. I find credit cards scary!! I have one but i pay it off every month and i never buy anything with it that i can't back up with money in the bank. There are so many people in so much debt nowadays it's scary. My dad's friend recently got divorced and his lawyer told him that him and his wife were unusual that they actually had assets to divide, mostly he just sees couples who are trying to divide the debt when they get divorced. sad. I'm a poor graduate student so I know what it's like to live off nothing but it's better than being in debt!
Jenny
http://journals.aol.com/jenny264/movetoireland
Post a Comment