TODAY MY POSTINGS ALL ABOUT THE OFFICIAL FIRST DAY OF SPRING.
APPARENTLY SOMEONE IS ALWAYS TRYING TO ALTER EVERYTHING.
THE GOVENMENT WANT IT NOW TO BE ON THE VERY FIRST DAY OF MARCH.
THE MET OFFICE THEY ARE ARGUEING AND ARE SAYING THATS IT'S A FARCE.
THEY SAY THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING STARTS ON THE EVE OF THE 20TH NIGHT.
WELL I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT IT TO BE THE 21ST AM I RIGHT.?
I DON'T KNOW AS I WRITE THIS RHYME JUST WHAT THE WEATHER WILL BE .
BUT IT'S BEEN A VERY BITTER COLD WEEK AND CERTAINLY FROZEN ME.
IV'E RIGGED OUT IN LOTS OF WOOLEYS AND I DIDN'T LOOK VERY NICE. (HA).
I CANNOT KEEP WARM AT ALL I'M AFRAID AND MY FEET ARE LIKE BLOCKS OF ICE.
SO I GOT OUT MY PARTNERS RUGBY SOCKS AND I PULLED THEM UP TO MY KNEES.
HOPING THEN MY LEGS WOULD BE WARM AS THEY GO ON STRIKE WHEN THEY FREEZE.(HA)
I PUT LEGGINGS ON UNDER MY TROUSERS AND LOTS MORE LAYERS TOO.
MR MICHELIN
DIDN'T HAVE A LOOK IN NO I'M NOT KIDDING YOU.
AND BEING ALONE TWAS IMPOSSIBLE I'D HAVE LIKED TO SHOW YOU MY PIC. (HA)
BUT THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING SHOULD BE WARMER DOESN'T IT MAKE YA SICK.
THEY'LL BE OTHERS LAID OUT ON LOUNGERS IN SOME COUNTRIES ABROAD.
AND ME STUCK HERE TOGGED UP LIKE THIS FEELING AS STIFF AS A BOARD.
IV'E KEPT VERY BUSY AS ALWAYS ON THE GO MOST OF THE DAY LONG.
HUMMING TUNES AS I DID MY WORK AND EVEN SINGING A SONG.
TO TRY AND CHEER MYSELF UP A BIT AS I'M MISERABLE WHEN I'M COLD.
MY CENTRAL HEATING IS ON FULL BLAST MY BILL A FORTUNE I'M TOLD.
SO I THOUGHT AFTER LUNCH TO HAVE A ROMP WITH THE DUVET WOULD DO NO HARM.
I HAD A NAP AND CURLED UP IN MY BED IT'S THE ONLY PLACE I FELT WARM (HA)
AND OH I FORGOT TO TELL YOU ABOUT MY MISTERY DRIVE .
WHEN WE WENT OUT ON "MOTHERS DAY" IT STARTED OFF SUNNY OUTSIDE.
BUT THE WIND THEN HOWLED AND THE SLEET DID FALL AND THE RAIN LASHED DOWN AS WELL.
SO I'M NOT GOING TO BOTHER WITH ALL OF THE PICS THEN NO PROBS WITH AOL
I'LL SHOW YOU SOME PICTURES ANOTHER DAY IF EVER SPRING DOES COMES ROUND .
OF THE LOVELY PLACES WE WENT TO AND THE LOVELY VILLAGES WE FOUND.
A LOVELY INN WE HAD LUNCH AT THOUGH AND IT WAS REALY A FABULOUS MEAL.
I HAD NEVER BEEN THERE BEFOREHAND AND IT CERTAINLY DID APPEAL.
SO HERES AN ODD PICTURE UP ABOVE FOR TO SEE TILL WE VISIT NEXT TIME.
AND I'LL SHOW YOU MORE PICTURES OF "MOTHERS DAY" IN ANOTHER OF" MY SIMPLE RHYMES"
ROLL ON SPRING!!!!!
(Thanx to Missie for this very appropriate graphic.)
KEEP WARM WRAP UP J/LAND FRIENDS BRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
11 comments:
I know what you mean about the weather everytime I attempted to go out today it either rained or snowed. that pub looks lovely, I'll have an orange juice please cheap date me don't drink lol.
Debbie xxx
Yes Spring tomorrow ,21 st just as it has been since we were kids ,whoever is trying to move it I shall ignore !! as I'm sure you will,the pub you went to for lunch looks lovely ..love Jan xx
I had to put on my winter coat again today, that's not fair after last week's warm weather. LOL
Jenny <><
It's chilly here too! BRRRR Had some lovely weather for a couple weeks, now cold again. :(
Stay warm.{{ }}
Huggies, Sugar
Great Rhyme Kath...brrr..its been one chilly day here ...rain and snow..then sleet and rain...and lots of wind too! Take care, Millie :)
Lovely Rhyme Kath ~ and the Pub looks great ~ IS THIS THE 1ST DAY OF SPRING ~ I don't think anyone has reminded Mother Nature !!!!!! Ally
Hooray for the first day of Spring! Even if it was a bit chilly! Mom always said that if March came in like a lamb it would go out like a lion. Brrrr....it's not exactly the beginning or the end of the month is it? So I am not sure what that says...lamb or lion....the daffs and hycinths are definitely blooming, can the bluebells be very far behind?
Have a wonderful day!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
The 1st day of Spring was a bitter cold one here too. March winds were blowing and chilling. It does look a bit greener there as if Spring is trying to arrive. At least we have no snow on the ground and that is something to be thankful for. I'll be looking forward to those pictures. 'On Ya' - ma
:)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/
Come on spring!!! i'm ready for warmer weather! LOL
Terrie
It feels like spring here today but we have a long way to go in the northern US. Sunny and 70 today but could be 40 and chllly the next. I do see some buds sprouting and green appearing on the hillsides. That's encouraging. I only saw my first robin on Friday but the birds are chirping each morning. I can't wait to see some flowers but that will be a while. Hope your mum's day was good last week. Bet it was because you have some wonderful children...lol...comes from having a wonderful mum. Love xx Chris
Post a Comment