I TOOK A STROLL ON THE BEACH TODAY AND I GOT A NASTY SUPRIZE.
I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT RUBBISH THERE WAS BEFORE MY VERY EYES.
DOGGY BAGS LEFT THROWN THERE AND LOTS OF MESS NEVER CLEANED UP.
AFTER THERE DOG HAD USED OUR BEACH OR MAYBE SOMEONES PUP.
PARTS OF THE BEACH ARE RESTRICTED FOR DOGS TO PLAY AND TO SWIM.
BUT THESE MINDLESS PEOPLE WHO COME AND GO DON'T SEEM TO READ A THING..
DO THEY NOT REALISE CHILDREN COME TOO AND HAVE TO DIG AMONGST THIS.
IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH TO SCOOP IT UP AND NOTHING THEN WOULD BE AMISS.
I WAS FEELING VERY ANGRY AND I'M TO WRITE TO THE LOCAL PRESS.
ABOUT ALL THIS FOULING ON THE BEACH IT IS SUCH A MESS.
THERE ARE SOME REALY NICE VISITORS WHO COME HERE AND ABIDE BY ALL THE RULES.
BUT YOU ALWAYS GET A FEW OTHERS WHO ARE IRRISPONSIBLE FOOLS.
IT'S THE SAME IN OUR TOWNS AND CITY'S WHY DON'T THEY USE ALL THE BINS.
POP CARTONS TAKE AWAY DISHES FOOD JUST THROWN WHAT A SIN.
SCATTERERED ABOUT ON THE FLOOR ALL AROUND AND THEY DON'T SEEM TO CARE AT ALL.
AND OFTEN IV'EWATCHED THROUGH MY WINDOW AND IT'S NOT ALWAYS THOSE WHO ARE SMALL.
DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM IN YOUR TOWN WITH THIS RUBBISH ALL THROWN IN THE STREET.
I WISH THEY WOULD TAKE IT HOME WITH THEM AND LEAVE OUR TOWNS NICE AND NEAT.
DON'T YOU MAKE ANY WONDER OUR COUNCIL TAX RISES EACH YEAR.
IT'S ALL THINGS LIKE THIS THAT WE PAY FOR AND THE MORE THERE IS I FEAR.
OUR BILL WILL GET HIGHER AND HIGHER AS MORE STAFF TO BE EMPLOYED.
SO I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR OUR TOWNS AND I WOULDN'T GET SO ANNOYED.
WHATS NICER THAN STROLLING ON THE BEACH ON A NICE WARM SUMMERS DAY,
WATCHING THE CHILDREN DIGGING AND SWIMMING AS WE GO ON OUR WAY.
OR FOR A WALK IN THE PARK JUST THE SAME BE WITH CHILDREN OR WITH A DOG.
NOT HAVING TO STEP HERE AND THERE MISSING MESS HOPPING AROUND LIKE A FROG.
IT'S VERY UNPLEASANT AND DIRTY WITH THE RUBBISH THEY SCATTER AROUND.
LYING ON BEACH AND PAVEMENTS JUST THROWN DOWN ON THE GROUND.
MY HEART ACHES WHEN I SEE ALL OF THIS AND I FEEL SO ANGRY AND SAD.
ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU SEE THEM MY BLOOD BOILS I GET VERY MAD.
THE COUNCIL ARE HERE EACH MORNING CLEARING IT ALL AWAY.
THEN IT'S JUST THE SAME WHEN VISITORS HAVE BEEN BY THE END OF THE DAY.
THIS LITTER PROBLEM GETS WORSE I THINK AND I'M SURE NOT ENOUGH IS DONE.
I FEEL LIKE SAYING TO SOME OF THEM STAY AT HOME DON'T BOTHER TO COME.
AS WE CAN DO WITHOUT YOUR TYPE AND WE LIKE OUR TOWN SPOTLESS YOU SEE.
I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME WRITING THIS AS I THINK YOU WILL PROBABLY AGREE.
IF YOU DO HAVE A DOG SCOOP IT UP PLEASE WHEN YOU TAKE HIM OUT FOR A RUN.
THEN OUR TOWNS AND PARKS AND BEACHES WILL THEN BE CLEAN TO HAVE FUN.
SO I'LL LEAVE YOU NOW WITH MY THOUGHTS ON THIS UNTIL I WRITE NEXT TIME.
I HOPE I HAVE MADE A POINT TONIGHT HERE IN "MY SIMPLE RHYME".
ASTORIASAND
Thankyou to Emmi For this wonderful graphic
18 comments:
Kath you have made a very good point here and I hope people heed what your rhyme has told us ~ when we go to the beach we come across the same kind of mess ~ responsible dog owners don't have to be told this it is the irresponsible ones who need to be taught the lesson of cleaning up after their pets ~ Ally x
Hi Kath...
I am able to enter your journal tonight, i dont know what happened the other day. your page just kept flickering each time i tried to enter...I agree with you about the litter and doggy mess and i think you have got your message over in this entry...Best wishes!
Astra!
http://journals.aol.com/astra1547/astras-new-journal/
ASTRA1547@sky.com
I agree your so right and when they start emptying bins only once a fortnight in earnest then it will get worse.
Jenny <><
Could not agree with you more. One time in Cornwall sitting on beach a family in fornt of us let their dog crap 2feet away from where their toddler was eating and just brushed sand over it, I am afraid that I used a spade to dig it out and dump it on their blanket whilst telling them to clean up after their dog. Nearly ended in a punch up till their kid made my point by digging up another crap their dog had done and I pointed out that she was playing with it! They left.
Debbie xxx
Hello Kath, I`m glad you made this very important point, I was brought up to take litter home and it is something I observe to this day. I always clean up after Jake so at least I know I do my bit for the environment. What really annoys me are the used disposable nappies you see scattered around...why can`t they be taken home of disposed of properly...ugh!
Love Sandra xxxx
Some people, many, are not responsible pet owners! It only takes a few seconds to scoop it, bag it, & then put it in a proper receptacle!
Hugs, Sugar
We don't live in a coastal town and in our little bit of our town doggy-do is not the problem it once was. But then our area is predominantly 50+'s, which seems to make a difference. I think people visit the seaside and think "It'll be OK, we don't have to live with it" and they forget about those who do. Not good enough and I hope you raise a fair old stink (no pun intended!) in the local press. It's not the dogs' fault, but their thoughtless owners. - Angie, x
Very well said Kath ,it must be doubly annoying when you know its visitors that are coming to your town ,and treating it thus ...love Jan xx
I wish they could enforce the trash and dog problem, but it happens here too. I haven't seen any on the beach near the lake where I visit, but they are probably there. They do clean it often and rake the sand through so maybe that helps. Trash on the streets is terrible. I was always taught to leave the place I visit nicer than when I came. My children often used to complain about picking up, but it's a good habit to start early. Your picture looked heavenly. You know the beach is my favorite place to be. 'On Ya'- ma
I hate this also! Somebody let their dog do this in the courtyard in front of my house. It is a yard shared by all the neighbors. The man who let his dog do it let him do it right in front of me! There is a sign that says that this was not allowed! There is a special place to take your dog to relieve himself out back, with bags placed there to clean it up. He let the dog go, and did not clean it up. Just stared at me. I was so mad! Anyway, enough venting! Thanks for visiting my journal!
Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink
I agree with you, but I also think you're preaching to a brick wall. No offense. The majority of people (in my country anyway) are inconsiderate idiots. We're also selfish and ignorant. I mean, just look at the guy we elected as president. I have no optimism left. But at least you get to walk on a beach. That's something I can't do! ;)
Russ
I agree with you 100%! Dogs should be kept up after especially where children will be playing.
People have no respect for anyone any more...it's sad isnt it?
thanks for stopping in my journa and taking the time to pray
hugs
noelle
I agree with you if you own a dog then clean up after it, and another thing that makes mey blood boil is when people have been to a certain fast food store (Mr McDs) and then throw their litter out of car windows all over the road, WHY do they do it?, take your rubbish home, find a litter bin, its not asking for much to keep our country clean
Love Lynne xx
WE have a public walkway that goes right past the front of our house. I am always disgusted by the ignorance of people who walk past here and allow their dogs to foul our property with a total lack of conscience and care. It really annoys me to no end! I have a dog and I ALWAYS carry several bags with me when we go out walking. Whenever I see someone littering I am tempted to run after them with what they have dropped and hand it back to them saying..."I believe you dropped something!" Oh, to have that courage! Instead I just pick it up and dispose of it myself.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
Hey, sweetie! Came by for a visit. I see you are still busy rhyming. You go, girl!
http://journals.aol.com/winivere2002/TheGlassBox/
xoxo,
Win =.)
Hi Kath you are so right in mentioning about the mess especially dog mess in particular. It a problem everywhere. It don't take a minute to pick it up and every responible dog ower should do it. The young people of today are the same they have no respect, I have seen then drop their rubbish on the floor and there is a bin provided only a yard away. Its a disgrace. If you tell them you only get back abuse. When I visited Germany, the streets are spotless and nobody would dare drop anything in them. Each person has to clean the street outside of their own homes. Its a good way of teaching people to be clean, and respectful to others. Loved your rhyme you are so gifted. Bye for now Kathie.
Hi Kath, I read your comment on my blog and I came to take a look at yours, it's great! I can't believe you're able to rhyme everything!! Very creative, I'd never be able to do that! Anyway, I'll be checking back.
Jenny
http://journals.aol.com/jenny264/movetoireland
I definitely agree with you on this one, Kath. I have been walking Grizzly and take my scooper and a bag. It only takes a few seconds to clean it up. That's a darned shame that the beaches get to be such a mess. They really need to get stern and start issuing citations to people who do this. There is no excuse for it. I know the US has terrible problems with litter and such but didn't realize the UK was an uncivilized as our country. Nice entry. Love xx Chris
Post a Comment