Sunday, 25 March 2007

"THIS OFFER IS NOW CLOSED"

 
                      
             
 
I CALLED INTO SUGARS JOURNAL A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO.
THERE I SAW A CARTOON OF HER FACE AND HOW I LOVED IT SO.
SUGAR HAD POINTED DIRECTIONS TO A GUY WITH TALENT GALORE.
SO I CALLED ROUND TO SEE HIS JOURNAL WHEN I LOOKED I HAD TO SEE MORE.
HE INVITED ANYONE INTERESTED TO SEND HIM A PICTURE OR TWO.
WELL I THOUGHT THIS IS FANTASTIC IV'E GOT ONE I'D LIKE HIM TO DO.
I SENT HIM MY PICTURE AND WAITED HE ANSWERED ME PROMPTLY AND KIND.
HE WAS VERY BUSY HAD LOTS TO DO SAID A WEEK I REPLIED I DON'T MIND.
THEN HE STARTED TO POST OUT SOME DIFFERANT CARTOONS BUT I STILL CONTINUED TO LOOK.
THESE WERE OF SKETCHES OF PAST THINGS HE'D DONE  FROM SOME OF HIS OLD SCHOOL BOOKS.
HE STILL HAD A FEW MORE PICTURES TO SKETCH OF J/LAND FRIENDS ON HIS LIST.
AND TOLD US ALL NOT TO WORRY THESE LAST FEW HE HADN'T MISSED.
EACH MORNING HIS CARTOONS CHEERED ME AND STARTED MY DAY WITH A SMILE..
DISSAPOINTMENT THEN CAME  WHEN HE ANNOUCED HE WAS TAKING A REST FOR A WHILE.
I THEN RECIEVED AN E, MAIL SAYING  MY PICTURE WOULD BE THE LAST ONE.
AS HE THOUGHT IT WAS VERY FITTING I COULDN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HE'D DONE.
HE NEEDED TO END THIS PROJECT BUT WOULD BE BACK IN ABOUT SIX MONTHS.
DOING SOME MORE CARTOONS HE HOPED YES  MORE OF THE J/LAND BUNCH (HA)
I'VE HAD ALSORTS OF VISIONS OF MINE AND WELL NOW FINALLY IT'S HERE.
I'M DELIGHTED WITH THE FINISHED RESULT I CRACKED UP WHEN  IT APPEARED. (HA).
IV'E PLACED THE CARTOON INSIDE THIS POST AS HIS WORK I WOULD LIKE YOU TO SEE.
FOR THOSE WHO KNOW ME AND READ MY BLOG CAN YOU SEE THE LIKENESS OF ME.
IF NOT AND YOU GLANCE AT MY SIDE BAR YOU WILL SEE THE ORIGINAL SNAP.
FRIENDS HAD DARED ME TO DRINK THIS GIN ON MY  SPECIAL DAY FOR THE LAUGH.
ON THE END OF THE BOTTLE A BABY'S TEET ONLY TONIC INSIDE WAS THE TASTE.
WHEN I DRANK IT ALL DOWN FRIENDS WERE ALL AMAZED NOT A DROP OF IT DID I WASTE. (HA)
THEY ALL THOUGHT THE BOTTLE WAS FULL OF GIN AS THE PERSON WHO SET UP THE JOKE.
HAD TOLD ME EARLIER IT'S ONLY TONIC SO I KNEW THEN I WOULDN'T CHOKE (HA)
WELL THANKYOU RUSS  FOR MY CARTOON WELL DONE I'M SAD YOUV'E CALLED TIME.
AND HERE BELOW MY J/LAND FRIENDS  THE CARTOON IN "MY SIMPLE RHYME".
 
 
                                           HE-HE-HE
                                 KATH.
                                   
                       
 
           
                                           
                                                                                                 
                                                     
                    
                                                

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you liked it, Kath!!  I'm also glad I met you and found your journal!

xx,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Yes Kath I must agree its a very good likness, are you sure that it was only tonic in that bottle, I'd have choked if it was, only cos I dont like tonic , haha,
have a good sunday, love Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Ohh...Now I am sitting here wondering what "tonic" is!  I don't know how you manage to write a poem every day like this!  You have a special talent indeed!  I am always amazed by your wit and prose!  You are a joy!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

His pics are good aren't they, have popped in a couple of times to peek, like your one. Would have loved to have seen the looks on their faces when you drained that bottle classic girl classic,lol.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

It was a real 'tonic' to see your 'toon', it's you to a 'T'.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

That is too cute-nice he could get yours done.  Always nice to have a SMILE to start the day  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I dont often drink nowadays but when I do, I like a nice gin and tonic,lemon no ice  (or half a guinness)can imagine the faces when they thought you were downing a bottle of it lol ,I quite like the tonic  there is quinine in it good for malaria ,and cramp lol ...great picture I see he's given you a new dress, lovely ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely Rhyme Kath and the sketch of you is great ~ how clever he is ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

It's great!!!! WOO HOO!!! He is so talented, & so nice to make them for many of us that were lucky enough to get them! :)
I love yours, I love mine too. HEHEHE
Huggies,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

ROFL, Kath, love it!  I've seen Russ' sketches all over JLand but didn't get mine sent in time...ugh...oh well maybe in a few months he will start up again.  What talent.  Alerts..lol...what are they?  I never seem to get them anymore.  I also have a horrible time entering the UK journals for some reason.  It always says they are down.  The US ones occasionally.  Now what's up with that?  Have yourself a good Sunday evening.  Love xx Chris

Anonymous said...

                              ,@@@@@@@,                                                                  
               ,,,.         ,@@@@@@/@@,   .oo8888o.                                                
      ,&%%&%&& ,@@@@@/@@@@@@, 8888\88/8o                                          
  ,%&\%&&%&&%,@@@\@@@/@@@88\88888/88' Hi Kath thought you would      
 %&&%&%&/%&&%@@\@@/ /@@@88888\88888'   like some Trees in your      
%&&%/ %&%%&&   @@\ V /@@' `   88\8 `/88'                 Garden.                  
  `%%\ ` /%%               |.|                  \ '|8'                                          
\//\//\\\|o|//\\\////\//\\\/\/| |\\/////\\///\//\//\/\/////\//\\\\\\//////\\\\\////\\//\/\/\///\\///\/\//\/\//\//\/\\//\//\//\/\\\\\//////\\\//\/\/\/\\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\///\/\//\/\\//\//\//