Saturday, 2 February 2008

" MY PRECIOUS FIND"

                               
 
 
 PLEASE CAN WE GO TO McDONALDS I USED TO HERE LUKE  SAY .
 
MY TINY GRANDSON WHO THIS YEAR WILL LEAVE SCHOOL IN THE MONTH OF MAY .
 
HE WAS THEN JUST A LITTLE TINY TOT  FRIENDS AND McDONALDS WAS SOMETHING NEW.
 
TO ME AS THEY'D ONLY JUST OPENED ONE IN MY TOWN AND ONLY A FEW.
 
WERE SCATTERED AROUND ENGLAND IN THEM DAYS NOT LIKE THEY ALL ARE NOW.
 
SO EACH TIME I LOOKED AFTER GRANDSON LUKE I'D TREAT HIM TO SOMETHING SOMEHOW.
 
WELL CAN I PLEASE HAVE AN HAPPY MEAL GRANDMA HE WOULD SAY WITH JOY.
 
I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE CONTENTS WERE BUT I WANTED TO PLEASE MY BOY.
 
PLEASE GRANDMA CAN I HAVE ONE HE'D PLEA BECAUSE INSIDE THERES A LITTLE TOY.
 
SO I USED TO SAY WELL WE''LL DO MY SHOP FIRST AND YES IF YOUR A GOOD BOY.
 
SO OFF HE WOULD TROT HOLDING MY HAND AND HE ALWAYS HELD MY BAG.
 
HE SOON GAVE IT BACK THOUGH WHEN  HEAVY WITH GOODS AND IT BEGAN TO SAG. HE-HE.
 
WELL THE REASON I TELL YOU THIS STORY IS BECAUSE YESTERDAY I FOUND SOMETHING ELSE.
 
THIS LITTLE FELLOW WHICH GRANDSON GAVE ME INSTEAD OF KEEPING HIMSELF.
 
I HAVE HAD IT ALL OF TEN YEARS NOW AND I REMEMBER PUTTING IT AWAY
 
FOR SAFE KEEPING BECAUSE IT BROUGHT MEMORIES TO ME OF THAT VERY DAY.
 
LUKE TOOK ME TO McDONALDS  FOR HIS HAPPY MEAL  WITH FRIES.
 
WHEN  I LOOKED AT IT THERE  I MUST ADMIT I SHED A FEW  TEARS FROM  MY EYES.
 
THEN I LOOKED ON THE INTERNET ONE NIGHT AND THIS PARTICULAR SMURF WELL HE.
 
WAS ONLY GIVEN OUT IN UK  ICELAND AND IRELAND  READ  BELOW AND YOU'LL SEE. 
 
  

 
McDonald's Promo Smurfs.

McDonald's Happy Meal Smurf. This Smurf is ready for his Happy Meal! The smiling Smurf figure holds his yellow happy meal box in one hand. This rare McDonald's Happy Meal Smurf was only available in the UK/Iceland/Ireland aspart of a special promotion for McDonald's in 1998. The Happy Meal Smurf is stamped (c) Peyo 1997.The McDonald's Smurfs all have an "M" marked on the back of their heads.
 
I KNOW HE ISN'T WORTH MILLIONS NOT EVEN A FEW POUNDS DON'T SUPPOSE.
 
BUT HE'S WORTH A MILLION TO ME MY FRIENDS AS THIS GIFT ONLY ME KNOWS.
 
HOW MUCH LOVE IT FILLS MY HEART WITH FROM MY  FIRST GRANDSON LUKE WELL WHO.
 
THAT DAY TEN YEARS AGO SAID TO ME  " GRANDMA YOU  HAVE SMURFY BECAUSE I REALY LOVE YOU " .
 
 
                               
 
THOSE WORDS MEANT  MORE THAN A MILLION POUND AND THEY STILL RING OUT LOUD IN MY HEAD.
 
HE WAS DELIGHTED WITH THE SMURFY BUT HE GAVE IT TO GRANDMA  INSTEAD.
 
OF BEING SELFISH AND KEEPING IT FOR HIMSELF AND I LOVE MY LITTLE SMURF.
 
THANKYOU GRANDSON  I'LL TREASURE IT ALWAYS  UNTIL I LEAVE THIS EARTH..
 
NOTHING DEAR GRANDSON IN VALUE BUT TO GRANDMA WORTH MORE THAN GOLD.
 
SO I'M KEEPING IT SAFE I'M A KID STILL AT HEART YOU KNOW  EVEN NOW I AM OLD.
 
WELL FRIENDS I BET YOU THINK I AM MAD WELL DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE  RIGHT.    
 
LITTLE SMURFS NOW SITTING ON TOP OF MY POOTER I'M NOT LETTING HIM OUT OF SIGHT.
 
HE-HE..
 
THEN EACH TIME I LOOK UP AND SEE HIM  THERE I WILL THINK OF OUR SHOPPING TIME.
 
ME AND MY GRANDSON WHO'S NOW SIXTEEN HERE HE IS  IN "MY SIMPLE RHYME".
 
 
OH NO !!! GRANDMA YOU HAVN'T STILL GOT SMIRFY HAVE YOU ? 
 
    HE-HE HE!!!!!!
 
                  
 
 
 
 
                         

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are as daft as I am ,you should see some of my 'treasures ',nothing much to anyone else but to a Granny ....priceless ,What a Handsome young man ,that dear little baby turned into ,very much like that beautiful  young woman we saw in that picture ,with her babies the other day ...love Ya Kath ...Jan xx

Anonymous said...

your a lovely nanna!!!! hugs Joanne

Anonymous said...

What beautiful words, you write with just enough humor and simplicity making it easy to relate.  Wondeful pix!  CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/  

Anonymous said...

What a lovely memory and I'd be putting that SMURFY out for all to see also.  Our grandchildren give us so many joys.  They do grow up so fast just as our own children did.  If I ever start going though my treasure boxes I'm afraid of what I'd find.  I've kept so many things of theirs that my storage room is about to bust.  The nice thing though, that even when we are far apart there are always lovely memories laying about.  Thanks for sharing your precious find.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

What a great rhyme, the pictures a adorable..what a cutie!  I would have the smurf too and proudly display him for all to see.  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Aww smurfy is so sweet. What a lovely find. Cute pictures and wonderful words. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Hi! Kath.....it's me (waving)
I'm, back online after around 5hrs....I'm finding my way around but slowly....everything so different, and I prefer some of my 'older' features.
I have managed to get into my Journal, but cannot alter things, I may start up another one...not sure.
I will email you, but maybe tomorrow (Sunday).
Another great Entry
'Bye for now
Aileen.....X

Anonymous said...

Oh such cute pix Kath! Kids do like McDonald's! My Carlie Phoo (5) likes McDonald's. No Kath that is not stupid to me, that is your heart talking. Great picture! He reminds me of my Billy but he has light hair. :-) My Billy is 13, how old is your grandson? Enjoyed your entry Kath and in my prayers. :-)  God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww....your grandson was such a beautiful baby and he is so goodlooking now!!!! I know all the girls alre falling out of trees on him!!! hehehe
That little smurf is worth more than gold to you right Kath??? :-)
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I once worked with a guy who collected all the Happy Meal prizes and the boxes they came in.  People will pay a lot for memories on ebay!

Russ

Anonymous said...

How wonderful Kath!  I wish so much that I lived close enough to be near my grandsons so that I could take them to McDonald's and have a relationship with them.  ahh me....perhaps one day.  You are a blessed woman, but then, I don't think I really need to tell you that for I am sure you already know!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath ,how lovely of your grandson to give you his toy and I know you will always treasure it, A great story.I dressed up as a smurf once for a fancy dress party .........love Jeanx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story and what a handsome grandson.
I keep all my thank you letters from my grandchildren and all their pictures they drew me. I treasure them all!  
A wonderful entry today....as usual.

Hugs
Jeanie   xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/kirkbyj05/DaytoDayLifeintheLakes

Anonymous said...

Something for Flog It in 100 years time!
I have a portfolio of all my youngest grandson's `works'; he's not four until May, but there is quite a collection already
Bunny xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story our grandchildren grow up way too quickly. Ellen gave me a little pottery owl for my birthday last year and every week when whe visits she runs across and gives it a kiss. I think she would like him back but I hope she has to wait a good few years yet. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I do remember those little meals so well.  My three all begged for them.  The tv was always blasting what was in the meal as a special gift.  Could be Disney, smurfs, etc.  We always had to get the whole collection.  How sweet you got to keep one.  I'm thinking one day that little Smurf might just be worth something.  Your grandson is so darned handsome.  I know I've seen that picture before because he reminds me of one of Prince Charles' boys.  Love xx Chris

Anonymous said...

KATH,
           I ENJOYED THIS ENTRY.  GRANDSONS ARE GREAT.      sam

Anonymous said...

I remember Smurfs Kath but I've never been in a MacD or Burger King or any of them.  My education is sadly lacking!
love, Angie, xx

Anonymous said...

Lol...my hubby has a collection of smurfs...he started collecting them when he was younger. Your grandson was a beautiful baby and is gorgeous now. You are a proud grandma and you have every right to be....I too love memories like this...take care, Sandi