ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF MY SEASIDE TOWN IS WHERE I'LL TAKE YOU TODAY.
YES I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE A MYSTERY TRIP ALL AROUND MY WAY.
WHICH I MYSELF HAVE VISITED WHILST LIVING HERE BY THE SEA.
I AM SURE YOU WILL ENJOY THE VISITS SIT BACK AND COME WITH ME.
FIRST JUST UP THE ROAD WE'LL GO TO THE SEWERBY HALL AND GROUNDS .
A BEAUTIFUL HOUSE AND GARDENS WHICH YOU CAN STROLL AROUND.
THERE ARE LOTS OF THINGS TO INTEREST YOU ALL INSIDE HERE ON SHOW.
PLUS OUTSIDE TOO A LOVELY ZOO WITH YOUR CHILDREN YOU CAN GO.
HERE IS A PICTURE OR TWO OF THE HALL AND THE GARDENS ARE SO NEAT.
SO IF IN SUMMERTIME YOU FANCY THIS GO ALONG AND HAVE A TREAT.



I HAVE ACTUALLY SAT IN THIS ARBOUR OF GREEN HAVING AN ICE CREAM CONE.
A RISK THOUGH AS ICE CREAM DON'T LIKE ME FRIENDS IT MAKES MY TUMMY MOAN. HE-HE.
NEXT A VERY SHORT CAR RIDE AWAY WE HAVE BURTON AGNES HALL.
THIS IS STEEPED IN HISTORY TOO BUT THE HOUSE IS NOT AS SMALL.
AS SEWERBY IT IS WONDERFUL FOR A DAY OUT IN THE SUN.
THERES SO MUCH TO SEE AND SO MUCH TO DO I AM SURE THE KIDS WOULD HAVE FUN.
THERES A BEAUTIFUL VERY LARGE WATER GARDEN YOU CAN STROLL ROUUND AT EASE
IT HOLDS THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF WATER LILLIES EVERYONE IT WILL PLEASE.
THERES A GARDEN SHOP YOU CAN BUY FROM WHATEVER PLANT YOU ADMIRE.
PICNIC SPOTS SURROUND YOU AND LOTS TO REALY INSPIRE.


IT'S OBVIOUS I CANNOT PUT ALL THE HISTORY IN OF THESE WONDERFUL HALLS.
AS I WOULD BE HERE ALL EVENING FRIENDS SO I'M JUST WRITING IMFO SMALL.
ABOUT ANOTHER HALF HOURS RIDE AND WE COME TO FLAMBOROUGH HEAD.
A FAVOURITE PLACE OF MINE IS THIS AS I LOVE LIGHTHOUSES IV'E SAID.
THERES ALSO LOTS OF CLIFFS AROUND AND PUFFINS AND WILD LIFE HERE.
ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS HAVE BEEN FOUND IN THE PAST HID IN CAVES OUT HERE
I CAN ACTUALLY WALK TO FLAMBOROUGH FROM MY HOME ALONG THE BEACH.
THE CLIFF WALKS ALSO MAKE IT EASY FOR MOTHERHEN TO REACH

SOME WEEKENDS I HAVE HAD A RIDE OUT TO A PLACE ALL YOU BRITS WILL KNOW.
YES IT'S ON THE NORTH YORKSHIRE MOORS AND YOU WILL ALL HAVE WATCHED IT SO.
MANY TIMES ON YOUR TV SCREENS YES "HEARTBEAT " COUNTRY THIS IS.
NOT FAR FOR ME SO I LOVE TO GO THERE WHAT A DAY OUT HERE IT IS BLISS.
YOU CAN GO FOR A TRIP ON THE OLD STEAM TRAIN OR WANDER ROUND ALL THE GROUNDS.

ALSO HERES MR SCRIPPS GARAGE I LOVED WHEN GREENGRASS WAS ROUND.


HE-HE

WHILST YOUR TRAVELLING ROUND TO THESE PLACES LOTS OF VILLAGES YOU PASS THROUGH.
PICTURESQUE AND TRANQUILL TINY CHURCHES TO WALK ROUND TOO.
MANY WAYSIDE CAFE'S FOR A CUP OF TEA OR A SNACK.
I USUALLY TAKE A PICNIC THOUGH AND A FLASK I AM PRONE TO PACK.
HERE I WILL SHOW YOU ONE OR TWO SPOTS I HAVE RESTED MY WEARY BONES . HE-HE.
MANY'S A TIME ON THE WAY BACK FROM THESE VISITS ON MY WAY HOME



I CAN ALWAYS FIND A PLACE TOO MY FRIENDS TO REST MY TIRED HEAD
WHEN I GET BACK AND CURL UP TIGHT WITH MY TEDDIES ON MY BED . HE-HE
I HOPE YOUV'E ENJOYED YOUR MYSTERY TOUR WHERE I WALK AND GO RIDING SOMETIMES.
SO BYE FOR NOW FROM MY TWO LITTLE TEDS AKA KATH AND
" MY SIMPLE RHYMES".


28 comments:
Ha! What a great tour of your trip and you described very well! Love the pictures too! -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF
I want to go! I want to go!!!!! :)
What a great post, Kath. TY for the virtual trip, loved the pics too.
Hugs,
Sugar
Oh Kath how wonderful, I especially loved the picture of the village store. I would just love to explore that beautiful place. Love Pam xx
What beautiful surrounding you have Kath, I`m really envious now. I want to live at the coast eventually as I`ve always been drawn to the sea. I see you have puffins too, they are funny little birds but very charming. :o)
Love Sandra xxxx
Lovely tour, Kath. I went for a holiday to Scarborough in 2000, and visited Goathland, and many lovely villages.
Your first picture is very nostalgic to me.............ah, seaside hols!
Bunny xx
Thanks for the tour. love the photos.
B. x
What an inspiration you are ,I enjoyed looking around the lovely houses and the amazing scenery near you ,I used to enjoy Claud Greengrass in Heartbeat too ,in fact I can remember him in his youth wearing his sloppy joe jumper but what was his name? lol Oh just remembered Bill Maynard wasnt it hee heee ? love Jan xx
Thank you so much for the trip...I needed that today. Just got home from work, tired and weary and what a surprise to find myself going on a trip! I could just picture walking the grounds of those lovely places. Summertime sounds so very good right now ! 'On Ya' - ma
What a delightful day out. I'mso glad I looked in before going to bed. That was just my cup of tea. Fair cheered me up no end.
Thank you for taking all that time and effort...wonderful!
You are clever.
Hugs
Jeanie xx
Yorkshire is a very pretty corner of England, and parts of it I know well. The coast is not really one of them, so I'm grateful for the reminders.
Guido
Thank you Kath for asking J-Land to take a tour with you. :-) I think that would be a lot of fun walking around with you explaining all the fine places. The zoo would be my favorite place. :-) Must be the animal in me. hehe I love the arbour with the beautiful flowers. I would sit a spell with you there. :) We need a vaction so much. I would love to walk around at the lovely places and shop. Thank you Kath for sharing. So hope that your heat is on doing fine by now and your computer is working better too. God Bless Kath. Hugs, Janie
What a wonderful trip you took us on. You will make us all want to visit England. Thanks, Paula
Oh, I have enjoyed this virtual rhyming trip with you this morning kATH! You make me want to see these things for myself! Here's hoping that some day I shall! Thanks so much for sharing this with us in your unique and wonderful way!(((HUGS)))
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
Thankyou Aileen for your kind comment.I am sorry it got deleated?? Take Care Kath Much appreciated.
What beautiful pictures of your area, I would love to come and visit, very good job. I bet it's very pretty in the spring. I love being by the coast, at least for a visit. Loved your entry. Joni
You live in such a beautiful place and filled with history as well. I loved the pictures and especially the seaside and cliffs, how gorgeous!! You are so clever to put rhymes and pictures together as you do, a delight to read. Thanks for sharing this - it was like taking a little trip without leaving home!
xxx
Lisa
Congrats on being a Guest Editors pick over at Magic Smoke. ;)
Sugar
KATH, THANKS FOR THE PHOTOS. VERY INTERESTING. BEAUTIFUL BUILDINGS.
THE PUFFINS ARE NICE BIRDS. I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE HERE.
DO YOU EVER HAVE TORNADOS THERE ? sam
Hi Kath loved your entry It seems that you are now back on track thank goodness. I throughly enjoyed the visit it is so beautiful. Yes we all have a lot to be thankful for we only have to go outside and look, it there for all to see but we are to busy to look. Its was lovely thanks again Kathie.
Loved this entry, some pics are familiar, some not but one day perhaps!!
Waheyyyyy. Congratulations Kath on being chosen as this week's Guest Editor's pick. I am absoluted delighted for you. Well Done. Love Pam xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/
Kath, what lovely places you have to visit. Such beautiful gardens and the cliffs and the sea. I would love to have places like that to wander around. Nothing here is even remotely that pretty. Thanks for sharing all the sights. I would love to pay a visit to the UK one day. Love xx Chris
Congrats on being the guest editor's pick.
Came by to say hello.
Came by way of this weeks Guest Editor, Sugar. Congrats on being a pick of hers, have a good Sunday.
Ally xx
Hi Kath ,that took me back ..I remember going to Flamborough Head when my son was only a toddler ,(hes forty next year ) and the siron went off on the lighthouse and made him jump so much ,he cried and said I don't like this noisy seaside .I also remember it rained alot .Thank you for the mystery tour ......love Jeanxx
Loved your mystery tour, lovely gardens....beautiful photography~
Marie
I'm late catching up (as usual) Kath but just wanted to say how I loved this entry. You ought to sel it to the Engflish Tourist Board - none of their brochure writers ever captured North Yorkshire quite so spot on as you.
love Angie xx
Post a Comment