
YES IT'S A NEW YEAR A NEW DAY A NEW START SO I HAVE DECIDED THAT I.
WILL NOT LOOK BACK AND TO START NEW PLANS WHICH I AM GOING TO TRY.
SO THIS MORNING I WOKE AT THE CRACK OF DAWN AS USUAL AND WENT FOR A WALK.
WHILST WALKING MY HEAD WAS BUSY SO DEEP IN LOTS OF THOUGHT.
EVERYONES SAYING LOOK FORWARD THE OLD YEAR HAS GONE DON'T LOOK BACK.
SO THIS IS MY MOTTO FOR 2008 AND I'M PROMISING TO DO JUST THAT.

OF COURSE THERE ARE THE GOOD TIMES THATS PASSED BY SO I WILL STILL THINK BACK TO THOSE.
AS MANY OF MY RHYMES YOU HAVE READ IN MY ARCHIVES ARE ABOUT ALL THOSE.
IN MY GLOVES AND BOOTS AND SCARF AND MITTENS I HEADED OUT OF THE DOOR.
THE WIND WAS REALY STRONG AND GUSTY BUT I WAS ALIVE WHAT MORE.
COULD I WISH FOR BUT I WAS HOPING THESE POOR FEET THEY DIDN'T GET SORE..
FROM THE LONG HIKE I HAD PLANNED TODAY ALONG THE EAST COAST SHORE.
THE WIND WAS BITING INTO MY FACE I WAS DEEP IN THOUGHT I RECALL.
PLANNING MY WAY FORWARD COUNTING BLESSINGS I'D HAD LARGE AND SMALL.
THE SEA WAS VERY ROUGH AS I WALKED THE PROMENADE QUITE BRISK.
A GENTLEMAN PASSED ME CYCLING AND A "HAPPY NEW YEAR" HE WISHED.
FISHERMEN COMING HOME FROM THERE HAUL HOW WONDERFUL WAS THAT.
A FANTASTIC FEELING KNOWING THERE SAFE AND THEY ARE SAILING BACK.
FROM A LONG HARD NIGHT IN THE COLD AND THE DARK BRINGING US LOBSTER AND FISH.
WHICH I'M SURE YOU ALL LOVE TO TASTE MY FRIENDS WITH A PORTION OF CHIPS IN A DISH.
THE SEAGULLS SQUARKING LOUDY AS THEY FLEW ABOVE ON THERE WAY.
I LOVE THE EARLY MORNING IT'S THE NICEST PART OF THE DAY.
SOMETIMES THE FOG HORN BLOWS MESSAGES OUT TO THE SHIPS TO WARN. ......
OF THOSE TREACHEROUS ROCKS WHICH THEY HAVE TO DODGE SO THEY DON'T COME TO NO HARM.
I SAW SOME CHILDREN PEEPING FROM A LIGHTED WINDOW TOO.
ALL DRESSED READY TO GO FOR A RIDE ON THERE BICYCLES PROBABLY NEW.
WHICH SANTA HAD BROUGHT CHRISTMAS MORNING THEY WERE UP EARLY READY TO GO.
I BET THERE MUMS COULD HAVE LAID IN LONGER IV'E BEEN THERE SO YES I KNOW. HE-HE.

BY THE TIME I CAME BACK WAVES WERE LASHING THE HARBOUR ALMOST FIFTEEN FEET HIGH.
THE FOAM SHINING IN THE LAMPLIGHT AGAINST A DARK BLUE SKY.
THE LAMPS WERE STILL LIT AS THEY DON'T GO OFF UNTIL AROUND ABOUT EIGHT.
SO I DON'T MIND WALKING EARLY MORNING IT'S WELL LIT THE BEST TIME IT'S GREAT.
WELL I'M HOPING WHEN I GET USED TO THIS IT BECOMES A HABIT WITH ME.
AND I'LL PROBABLY FEEL MUCH FITTER THEN AS IV'E GOT QUITE LAZY YOU SEE.
WHEN YOUR SAT AT THE COMPUTER FAR TOO MUCH ON YOUR BACKSIDE EVERY DAY.
THIS IS HOW YOU END UP LOOKING AND I DON'T LIKE ME LOOKING THIS WAY. HE-HE.

WELL J/LAND YOU KNOW ME BY NOW AND IT JUST WOULDN'T BE LAUGHING KATH.
UNLESS I GAVE YOU IN MY RHYME A GIGGLE OR A GOOD LAUGH. HE-HE.
FROM THERE I WENT TO THE DOCTORS AND GOT SOME NEW TABLETS YIPPEE.
LETS HOPE THEY DO THE TRICK MAKE ME SMILE AGAIN INSTEAD OF FEELING WEEPEE.
SO NOW YOU KNOW WHAT ONE OF MY PLANS ARE I'M HOPING IT WORKS OUT FINE.
AND I'LL CATCH YOU ALL ANOTHER DAY WITH ANOTHER OF " MY SIMPLE RHYMES "
HE-HE-HE
7AM. OFF I GO TOMORROW LOL!!!
7AM. OFF I GO TOMORROW LOL!!! THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR KIND COMMENTS AND E. MAILS AND SUPPORTIVE WORDS IN MY LAST POSTING.THEY WERE SO MUCH APPRECIATED YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!.

(Thankyou to Sugar for the lovely bracelet she made me for my Christmas gift
2007
THURSDAY MORNING SO POPPED BACK TO SAY NOW IT IS SNOWING GRRRRRRRR.
31 comments:
Very well done my lovely friend, out for a brisk stroll first thing in the morning ,lets hope the new Tablets and all that bracing excercise makes our Kath laugh again ,with love Jan xxxxxx
You made the early hours sound so romantic Kath, me I'm more of a night owl love the deepness of midnight.
Debbie
xxxx
I am going to try my hardest not to look back too!
~~Happy New Year~~
Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/
What a wonderful picture you conjure up, Kath. I feel I've had a good blow by the briny. Good for you, nipping the bad vibes in the bud!
Bunny xx
Well, I am so happy to hear that you are looking ahead with joy!!! Me too! And, a little paxil a day helps too... it's all good, that is what meds are for, to help!
Happy 2008 and a new day, you made me smile!!!!
be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
I would love to walk along the seafront Kath, the cold windy weather seems to blow the cobwebs away and boy, do I have a lot of them...lol! I`ve been a bit lazy of late and I must get more exercise. Forgot to put that down in my list of new year instructions...lol! I hope the new tablets do the trick.
Love Sandra xxxx
http://
Good for you! Just put a smile in your heart, & take your pills! :)
Hoping 2008 brings many wonderful things your way.
Hugs,
Sugar
I do like long walks. Today the wind made it a mite too bitter, though, so every time we went out, it was shorter. Enjoy.
Hi Kath, no I did not get an alert for this entry, thanks for the link!! We would love to live by the coast but I cannot see that ever happening unless, as I say, we win the lottery, LOL!! Yes I think everyone is going into the new year with different frames of mind from the last year....it has to be the only way, besides too much worry only makes you ill, LOL!!! Love to you my friend, from mrs fluffy (Joan)
I would love to be walking along with you each day. I too sit too much at the computer. All day long at work and then when I get home, I have to do my email and jland alerts. I think your idea a great one ! 'On Ya' - ma
It would have been great if all of us (those reading you) were along for the walk. There is nothing quite as wonderful as being in the outdoors; so much beauty to observe, so much time to appreciate all that God blessed us with.
Hugs, love and always, my prayers.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
This is the first offical retirement day for my husband! We had a very productive day. hehe Glad that I am having company so soon! lol I walked for a while with a friend and it made me feel really good. Enjoyed you cute little rhyme. Have a wonderful week with lots of blessings, Janie
Hi Kath, so glad to see you back and posting. LOL at the arse. Looks like mine because I'm on it at home and work. Good for you for getting out to walk. I would love to walk along the sea. It's so cold here...low teens today and snow :( I can't wait to see some green leaves and flowers again. The hillsides are so gray and barren. At least the sun was shining. I need to stop eating so darned much. I go back to work tomorrow. Hopefully I'll control the eating somewhat...hehe. love & hugs, Chris
Won't be long and we will be fussin' about the heat down here in the south! lol
love ya,
carlene
lol... I love you anyway. =.)
Awww Thankyou Winivere hugs Kath xx
I've got a big arse too, but it comes with a big heart and I think that is the most important thing! I'm so glad you are feeling better Kath! I think a good brisk walk is good for the soul. Helps to clear the cobwebs away. I have myself an ipod shuffle and I have all my favourite music on it. I just plug it into my ears and go. I always feel better afterwards! ((((hugs)))) I am so glad you are posting your little rhymes still. I didn't know how I was going to cope without them! You are an integral part of beginning my day!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
So happy you're staying. We would all miss you so. Paula
something must be going on because i never got this alert. I wish you a very happy new year. ((((hugs))))
Love,
Cindy
Where did you get that picture of my butt.:) I think we all have to look forward to a New Year. You are so lucky to live on the coast. Don't get me wrong I love living in the country, wouldn't swap it, But I can't wait to get back to the coast in March.
Happy New Year to you Kath and Rooster.
Thanks for all your lovely comments you've left on my journal.
Take care
Hugs
Carolxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/carolelainedodd/a-quiet-life......i-wish/
Forget to say, love your new photos on your sidebar.
Carolxx
Just wanted you to know that I did get your alert on this entry. 'On Ya' - ma
Good Morning Kath Its Thursday morning now too and it has been snowing off and on since weI would love that. So glad you are with us and await your next rhyme. Off now to hold Stu's hand at the dentist haha. Love Joan.
Hello Kath,
Happy New Year from a sunny Stornoway - I'm just getting on to you when you're closing down, that'd be my luck. Anyway, will catch you when I do.
Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip
This was as pleasing to read as it was so true. I try those early sunrise walks too, it's freezing here and I chicken out, turn on my cane and limp back home lol. Kath, your rhymes are precious! Your command of simple words is so unique you give them a more intense meaning, I'd say. Isn't it so sweet just to breathe into a new day?? Stay warm, smile on someone and change their world. CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/
Kath I'm so glad you decided not to close your journal. You don't know how much we all look foward to reading your simple rhymes. Although I may not respond to all of them. I read them everyday :) They always put a smile upon my face. Last summer I walked in the morning. 6am in fact. It surly was the best time of day to walk. I felt so good about myself and my body. But then I stopped and now I have that big fat bum. lol But my dear hubby purchased me a gym membership for xmas and I will be starting back on monday. Hopefully I will be back in shape in no time. Have a wonderful week.
Dina NY
I too love to walk to my animals in the crisp morning air and move about the farm ~ it always gives me a promise of the new day ahead and yet another day I am here, be it good or bad...I'm still here. I hope your new medications works for you combined with your new walking routine. I am happy to see your entry again ~ you've been in my thoughts.
Lisa
I love to visit the ocean but dont get to much to far away and too many animals to care for LOL I like the younger picture of you in the side bar Thanks for shareing
Terrie
Here I am Kath, I did get an Alert for you. You attitude sounds good,but bet it was Cold Brrrrrrrr. Allan is the Walker, and I just tag along when I am able. Woke up to Snow this Morning, and I had to go out....Hospital visit.
Aileen....X
http://journals.aol.co.uk/haileen2003/wishing-and-hoping
Hi Kath - it's the lazy person here! I always love reading your entries and the alerts have been coming through fine, at least there are loads of them but I just haven't been online much.
love, Angie, xx
Hope your new tablets make you happy ,my husband always says early mornings are the best time of the day ,I shall take his word for it!! .Have a good weekend ...love Jeanx
Nothing like walking by the water in the morning. Best way to start the day. --Cin
Post a Comment