WELL THIS MORNING CAME FRIENDS AND ANOTHER APPOINTMENT IT WAS MY GAS CHECK TIME.
I WONDER WHY MINE ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE WHEN THE WEATHERS FREEZING NOT FINE.
AS ALL OF YOU KNOW THE GAS IS TURNED OFF FOR THE BOILER AND ALL THINGS ELSE.
TO BE CHECKED OUT AND I AM SAT FROZEN HUDDLED UP ALL ALONE BY MYSELF.
WHILE THIS GUY HE RATTLES HIS SCREWDRIVERS AND HIS TOOLBAG HE SLINGS ANYWHERE.
HE DOESN'T BOTHER WHERE IT LANDS AND THE TOOLS THEY JUMP UP IN THE AIR.
SOME OF THESE WORKMEN HAVE NO RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLES THINGS.
AND I DREAD OPENING MY DOOR TO THIS MAN WHEN EACH YEAR MY DOOR BELL RINGS.
I JUST FEEL LIKE SAYING DO YOU THROW EVERYTHING ABOUT IN YOUR OWN SWEET HOME.
AS IF YOU DOI BET YOUR WIFE WITTERS ON AT YOU AND MOANS.
YOU SEE THIS GUY I HAVE HAD FOR THREE YRS NOW AND HE IS SENT AUTO YOU SEE.
THROUGH MY LOVELY LANDLORD WHO ORDERS HIM YES HE LOOKS AFTER ME.
WELL WHILST HE IS CHECKING APPLIANCES I ASK WOULD YOU LIKE A DRINK.
YES PLEASE A CUPPA OF COFFEE BUT NO SUGAR OR MILK PLEASE THEN WINKS.
HEY DON'T WINK AT ME I THINK TO MYSELF WHEN I AM IN HERE ALL ALONE.
WITH YOU WHEN MY ROOSTER IS OUT AT WORK OR YOU WILL BE GOING BACK HOME. HE-HE
SO HE SMILES WITH A MOUTH THATS JUST LIKE A SETPOT I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE SO LARGE.
IF HE OPENED IT WIDE I AM SURE HE WOULD SWALLOW OUR LOCAL RIVER BARGE.
WHOOPS SORRY I DON'T USUALY SPEAK LIKE THIS BUT I WANTED TO GIVE YOU A LAUGH.
AND I AM BEING HONEST AND WANT YOU TO KNOW WHAT HE'S LIKE WHEN HE SEE'S LAUGHING KATH.
HE THEN SAYS OH THOSE BISCUITS LOOK TEMPTING AND GRABS ONE WITHOUT SAYING PLEASE.
HE SHOVES IT IN HIS GAPING MOUTH ALL IN ONE LUMP WITH EASE

GOOD GRIEF I'M NOT TALKING ORDINARY BISCUITS THESE WERE FRUIT SCONES I'D JUST MADE.
TWELVE OF THEM ON THE COOLING RACK FOR A GIFT NOW ELEVEN I'M AFRAID.
YOU SEE MARGARET AND I WHEN WE WERE IN COOKERY CLASS WE WERE ALWAYS BEST MATES.
AND SHE USED TO SAY TO ME ALL THE TIME THAT MINE THEY TASTED GREAT.
EXUSE ME I SAID BUT THOSE ARE A GIFT FOR MY FRIEND WHO JUST LOVES THEM SO.
AND NOW I ONLY HAVE ELEVEN LEFT HE SAYS WELL I DIDN'T KNOW.
WELL MY COUNCILLOR WHO USED TO CALL ON ME TAUGHT ME HOW TO BE MORE ASSERTIVE.
SO THE TIME WAS RIGHT AND I TOOK THE OPPORTNUITY THIS GUY SOME OF IT TO GIVE.
I SAID TO HIM NOT A CASE OF DON'T KNOW IT'S POLITE AND MANNERS TO ASK.
WITH THIS HE REPLIED OH I'M SORRY MY DEAR I WAS ONLY ACTING DAFT.
DAFT I SAID YOU'LL CERTAINLY BE DAFT IF MY BOWL OF SATSUMAS COME OUT.
YOU'LL BE WONDERING WHATS HIT YOU SOON MY BOY IF I AIM ONE AND IT GIVES YOU A CLOUT. HE-HE
SO PLEASE GET ON WITH THE GAS CHECK WILL YOU AND WITHOUT SOUNDING RUDE PLEASE DON'T.
CONTINUE WINKING AT ME ALL THE TIME OR YOUR EYES I KNOW THEY WON'T.
BE FOCUSING ON THE JOB PROPERLY AND I DON'T WANT YOU MAKING A MESS.
I DON'T CARE FOR GASMEN PASSING WINKS AND TRUTHFULLY I COULDN'T CARE LESS.
WITH THIS HE TOOK HOLD OF HIS SCREWDRIVER AND HE'S BANGING AND GLANGING AWAY.
AT THE BOILER CASEING AND I AM THINKING HE'S NOT GETTING HIS OWN WAY. HE-HE
I STOOD MY DISTANCE BUT I THOUGHT TO MYSELF I AM GOING TO WATCH THIS GUY.
WHO ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE WINKING IT MIGHT BE AN AFFLICTION OF HIS EYE
HE-HE. WHAT IS YOUR GAS CHECKER LIKE MY FRIENDS IS HE A BIT LEEK GEEN........ (FORWARD)
COS THIS ONE I DREAD HIM COMING ROUND HE'S THE STRANGEST IV'E EVER SEEN.
WELL I DON'T THINK HIS INDIGESTION PARTS WILL BE FEELING TOO GOOD TODAY .
AS THOSE FRUIT SCONES WERE STILL QUITE HOT FOR SWALLOWING DOWN HIS PASSAGEWAY. HE-HE
IV'E MENTIONED HIS ADMIRING GLANCES TO THE LANDLORD BEFORE ON THE PHONE.
BUT HE JUST TELLS ME OH! HE'S A BIT OF A FLIRT BUT THERES NO HARM IN HIM DON'T MOAN.
SO I TRUST IN HIS WORD BUT THANK GOODNESS HE'S GONE AND I HAVN'T TO LOOK AT THAT GAP.
WHEN HE OPENS HIS MOUTH SO WIDE I'M NOT KIDDING IT'S AS BIG AS A FLIPPING RAT TRAP.

HE-HE.
WELL I'VE READ BEFORE THAT SOME OF YOU HAVE HAD VERMIN LARGE AND SMALL.
SO I'LL GIVE YOU HIS NUMBER AND HE CAN COME ROUND AND I BET HE WILL CATCH THEM ALL.
IF HE LIES ON THE FLOOR WITH MY SCONE IN HIS MOUTH I'M SURE HE WILL CATCH THE LOT.
AND YOUR MICE AND RATS WILL THINK OH GOOD GRIEF WEV'E BEEN CAUGHT IN THE BAKERS SHOP.
HE-HE
HE-HEWELL MARGARET MY FRIEND I'VE MENTIONED BEFORE IS COMING TO SEE ME ON SAT.
SO THATS WHY I WAS BAKING THE SCONES FOR HER HAMPER WITH THIS AND THAT.
SHE'S COMING TO HER RELATIONS SO SHE'S CALLING TO SEE ME THATS GREAT.
AND WE WILL CATCH UP ON ALL THOSE LOST YEARS NEVER SEEING ONE ANOTHER OF LATE.
I'LL MAKE HER LAUGH I AM SURE OF IT WHEN I GIVE HER THE HAMPER SAYING I.
HAVE PUT YOU A GAS MANS DOZEN OF SCONES IN AND ALSO A FALSE WINKING EYE
HE-HE.

THE GAS MAN HAS GONE NOW THANK GOODNESS ANOTHER ANNUAL JOB DONE
AND I'M FROZEN SO WHY CARN'T THEY DO THIS JOB WHEN IT'S NICE AND WARM IN THE SUN.
SO I'VE FINISHED MY HAMPER NOW HE'S GONE AND POPPED IN IT A BOTTLE OF WINE.
MY FEETS UP AND IV'E GOT A CUPPA AND COOKIE AND IV'E POSTED
"MY SIMPLE RHYME"
HE-HE.
24 comments:
Tee hee!! Our gas man/plumber only calls when we need him and he is far from a flirt.........he just moans and groans at how hard he works, lol but does insist on a cuppa, not easy when he has just turned the water off and I have an empty kettle!!! The only good bit is the fact he is cheap cos we get mates rates!! Loved this entry Kath!! love Joan
It is law that the gas meters are checked yearly ,but only you could turn it into a laugh ,Kath you are priceless ,I have heard of a bakers dozen 13 but a gas mans dozen 11 !.. priceless ,Do you remember ...''Twas on a Monday morning the Gas man came to call '' Michael Flanders and Donald Swann hee hee ...Keep the satsumas handy kid lol ....love Jan xx (see if you had decided not to journal anymore ,you would have deprived us of this giggle)
What a trip that gas man is! I'm glad you can joke about him. He probably is harmless just a little goofy. Have a great day. 'On Ya' - ma
Hi Kath that gas man sounds like a awful person but at least its over for another year. You have put me in the mood of baking. Got a new cooker a few years ago and have never managed to come to grips with this fan oven. Will have to do a batch of scones soon. Have a good rest of the day. Love Joan.
There....you did it again, gave us all a 'smile'
Hope you've warmed up, and enjoying your Day
(((Hugs)))
Aileen....X
how rude of him to take and not ask first. I hope your heat is on now and your not freezing. Have a great visit with your friend. ((((Hugs))))))
Love,
Cindy
You've headed us all into the wkend with a smile. :)
We don't get our gas pipes checked here, till something goes wrong or we blow up!
Can't believe he took a biscuit witout asking, that's rude!
Have a nice wkend.
Hugs,
Sugar
I don't know, Laughing Kath, you and your 'Gas Mans Dozen'!!! Where do you get it from? By the way, I have tried to email you (yet again) today and (yet again) AOL have cut me off without so much as a by your leave. I'll try and remember what I put - Happy New Year to you and Mr. Rooster was one thing.
Love, Angie, xx
So funny the gas mans dozen or even eleven ! Kath .Hope your friend Margaret enjoys the hamper ,Happy weekend ......love Jeanx
I don't think I would like your repain man either. He ate a fruit scone without being asked? Where is his manners? lol I would watch him too, some people are weird and he sounds like one of them. lol Sure you are glad he is gone. :-) Have a wonderful warm day with lots of blessings, Janie
We have no gas. Problem solved!
Bunny xx
How rude!!! Good for you telling him!!! Sheesh! Next time maybe have Rooster stay home!!!!
be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
WELCOME BACK KATH. SAM
Oh, what an annoying man he sounds! I wouldn't like that at all. He seems far too familiar for my liking! Imagine helping yourself to someone's scone without being offered first! I think I would have been sore tempted to clap his fingers with my wooden spoon did he try!!! I hope you have a lovely visit with your Margaret today! Lucky friend to be getting a Hamper from you!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
What a rude slob the guy was...and yet you turned it into a fun rhyme! Well done!
Russ
Workmen can be a bit like that can't they. I dread having anyone in the house when I'm on my own. Good on ya for telling him off though. Have a great Saturday with your friend.
Take care
Carolxx
LOL...don't you have to wonder why the boiler checks have to be done in the midst of winter. I usually get mine done in the fall but didn't this year so I best get a full check up in the spring. I'm hoping the new fellow will have his business up and running. Ugh to the creepy guy who was doing the check up. I'm not thrilled when they come into my house. Grizzly used to be quite threatening when he was young. Everybody was afraid of him. Now, the poor old dog can barely get up and walk across the room. I don't need to shut him up in my son's room when repair guys come but then again it was good because they used to fear him. Oh well, have a good weekend, Kath! Love xx Chris
Hi Kath! Thanks for the link again! :) I don't blame you for keeping an eye on that guy -- especially if you're there by yourself. You cannot be too careful these days. But you sure turned it into a funny rhyme! LOL. Have a great weekend! Linda
I am laughing silly right now reading & picturing this rhyme! I don't think I would have cared for the gasman either ~ and imagine to take a snack without even asking!!! I knew better when I was 5 years old. Well at least it is done for another year. Great rhyme ~ a fun read.
Lisa
Strange the fitter never turns my gas off for the boiler check. Then again he is only here for about 15 mins and there is no way he gets a drink let alone a scone lol.
Debbie
xxx
yay! you're back! I am so tickled...
Lyn
Hello Kath, I`m lucky that the gas engineer we use is our nephew and he is welcome to all the tea he can drink. I hate workmen like the one in your rhyme, how dare he help himself to your delicious sounding scones! As for being a rat catcher, one look at that mouth would send them scuttling away in terror...lol! :o)
Love Sandra xxxx
Absolutely LOVED this Kath! And no wonder you were "anxious" a few times there. I love reading your words, such an easy cadence to them. What a talent you have, I'd be lucky to have a fraction of it! You make people smile - at the world, at themselves - humor is such a rare gift. Thanks! :-) xoxo CATHY
I think your gas man is disgusting, who does he think he is making you feel uncomfortable in your own home and taking your lovely cake and insisting on a cup of tea.
I am a Plumber/heating engineer and carry out lots of gas checks, i would never ask for a cup of tea or take a cake and as for winking at you he should know better. Should you offer tea etc then i may say thank you very much etc where do these people come from.
My corgi reg no is 171362 te rest of my details can be obtained from CORGI you can advise your landlord to get a quote from me i guarantee i will not steel your cakes or be so rude. regards Terry oh by the way i have been security checked at a very high level and can assure you and anyone else that you will receive a trouble free check.
Post a Comment