Thankyou to Chris of Cab'sCreations for this lovely graphic
THE RAIN IT POURED DOWN SUNDAY SO AT HOME I THOUGHT I'D STAY.
NO USE WALKING ROUND IN GALES OUT SHOPPING FOR THE DAY.
SO I GOT SHOWERED PUT THE MEAT IN FOR OUR SUNDAY LUNCH.
WHEN ROOSTER BRIGHT AND BUBBLY SAID I HAVE GOT A HUNCH.
DO YOU MIND IF I GO OUT TO SHOP FOR WHAT I NEED.
THIS CHRISTMAS TIME FOR MY PRESENTS AND SO YES I AGREED.
WELL OFF HE POPPED AND I GOT ON WITH ALL MY USUAL WORK.
LOTS OF THINGS STILL TO DO I KNEW I COULDN'T SHIRK.
I STARTED OUT BY BUILDING UP A POST OFFICE BOX I BOUGHT.
YOU KNOW THE MAILING KIND YOU BUY BUT IT WAS ONE FLAP SHORT.
I TURNED IT THIS WAY TURNED IT THAT AND STILL IT WOULDN'T MAKE.
A BOX I COULD PUT GIFTS IN FLIP ME FOR GOODNESS SAKE.
HOW CAN ONE SEND A BOX ABROAD WHICH ONLY IT HAS THREE SIDES.
TRUST MOTHERHEN TO BE DEALT THIS I COULD HAVE SAT AND CRIED.
AS THIS WAS SO IMPORTANT TO PARCEL IT SUNDAY.
TO GET IT OUT TO GO ABROAD QUICKLY ON MONDAY.
I DO NOT LIKE TO LEAVE THINGS LATE AND SO WITH THIS I WAS .
A VERY ANGRY MOTHERHEN THE REASON WAS BECAUSE.
IT MEANT ME GOING OUT AGAIN IN ALL THAT WIND AND RAIN.
MONDAY MORNING TO THE STATIONERS TO GET ONE JUST THE SAME.
HOPING THIS TIME WHEN I OPENED IT TO BUILD IT UP.
THERE WERE FOURS SIDES A BOTTOM AND A LID THAT I COULD SHUT.
WELL ANYWAY I CARRIED ON AND I WAS IN A MOOD.
YES MOTHERHEN SOON GETS UPSET AND THEN I START TO BROOD. HE-HE.
SO WHEN THE ROOSTER HE RETURNED HE SAID WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.
HE CAN TELL BY A QUICK GLANCE WHEN I'M FEELING BLUE.
I'M VERY VERY ANGRY I BOUGHT A GIFT BOX AND.
IT COST ME A NICE PENNY NOT A CHEAPY BRAND.
WELL IV'E JUST TRIED TO BUILD IT UP AND ONE SIDE IT'S ALL BARE .
HE LOOKED AT ME AS IF TO SAY I'M NOT SURE SHE'S ALL THERE. HE-HE.
GO ON I SAID YOU TELL ME I HAV'T DONE IT RIGHT.
WELL THERE IT IS IN THE BEDROOM AND NOT A PRETTY SIGHT.
IT WAS ALL LOP SIDED AND LEANED OVER JUST LIKE ME.
WHEN IV'E HAD A GIN OR TWO AT CHRISTMAS MAYBE THREE HE-HE.
THE ROOSTER WAS CONVINCED I HADN'T DONE THE JOB CORRECT .
IT'S A GOOD JOB I CAN SOON CALM DOWN OR HE WOULD HAVE BEEN NECKED HE-HE.
WELL WHEN HE LOOKED HE SAID YOUR RIGHT YOU'LL HAVE TO TAKE IT BACK.
AND ASK HER TO LOOK AT THE NEXT ONE AND UNDO THE PACK.
WELL I WAS CARRYING ON CLUCKING AND GETTING ON HIS NERVES.
HE SAID OH HERE'S A SUPRIZE FOR YOU AND A PARCEL HE DID SERVE.
UPON ME WRAPPED IN TISSUE I LOOKED AT HIM AND THOUGHT HE-HE.
A PREZZY BEFORE CHRISTMAS WHICH SHOULD BE UNDER THE CHRITSTMAS TREE.
NO IT'S NOT FOR CHRISTMAS I BOUGHT IT FOR YOU NOW.
I THOUGHT IT WOULD LOOK NICE FOR DAYTIME ON THE BREAKFAST TABLE WOW!!
I COULDN'T WAIT TO OPEN IT AND WHEN I DID LOOK HERE.
A LOVELY TABLE RUNNER WITH SOMETHING ON SO DEAR.
YES THE ROOSTER STANDING PROUD AND MOTHERHEN THATS ME.
STOOD THERE CALM IN FRONT OF HIM CAN YOU SEE HE-HE.

LOOK AT THE LOVELY LACY PART ON THE EDGES DONE IN FRET.
HE KNOWS I LIKE THIS KIND OF THING AND THOUGHT I HAVE TO GET.
THAT RUNNER FOR MOTHERHENS TABLE SHE WILL BE AS PLEASED AS PUNCH.
I'LL GIVE HER IT THIS AFTERNOON WHEN WEV'E HAD OUR LUNCH.
WELL BECAUSE OF MY DISSAPOINTMENT WITH THE STUPID THREE SIDED BOX.
HE GAVE ME IT STRAIGHT AWAY BEFOREI TIED HIM IN INTO KNOTS HE-HE.
WITH MY CLUCK CLUCK CLUCKING AS HE SAYS HIS HEAD WOULD ACHE.
IF HE HAD TO LISTEN TO THAT ALL SUNDAY IT WOULD BE A BIG MISTAKE. HE-HE.
SO I HOPE YOU LIKE MY TABLE RUNNER AND THE NEXT TIME WHEN I GO .
TO GET ANOTHER BOX FOR POSTAGE IT BETTER HAVE FOUR SIDES SO.
I CAN MAIL IT OFF TO SON AND FRIENDS OUT THERE IN THE USA.
AND I DON'T HAVE TO CLUCK ON AT ROOSTER AND HIM CROWING BACK HEY HEY !!
SO I'M SUITED WITH MY LOVELY GIFT AND THE ROOSTERS NOW FEELING FINE.
COS I'M NOT CLUCKING ON AT HIM ANYMORE I'M BACK WRITING "MY SIMPLE RHYME".
THANKYOU TO WINIVERE FOR THIS LOVELY SIGGY SHE SENT ME AS A SUPRIZE IN AN E. MAIL WOW! TWO SUPRIZES GOT TO BE A THIRD ONE I RECKON NOW LOL!!
WHY NOT GIVE HER A VIST SOMETIME.

23 comments:
How wonderful to get that thoughtful surprize for sure! Just what you needed on a rainy day. 'On Ya' - ma
What a babe is your man Rog ,
he gave you his present your mood so to dodge '
what a shame about your three sided container ,
I hope in the shop they can manage to restrain her .
Another great entry love your pressie ,I got your evelope and contents to day ,will do ! lol ....love Jan xx
I don't know why a triangle box is a problem...BUT your gift is lovely! What a wonderful Rooster, er, Hubby you have there!!!!
be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
I swear only you would have this problem with a box. That's terrible. What a nice thing hubby did huh. What a sweetie. :) Hope you have a great day. xoxoxoxo DIna
I love your table runner! It was a wonderful suprise!
Hugs,
Sugar
Poor Kath, a three sided box!!! I love the runner, how beautiful!! Rooster is just a gem ~ he knows how to perk you up when feeling down. Another terrific rhyme!
Lisa
Ha, that's great! The table runner, I mean:)
Hope the 3-wided box get ssorted out soon.
That was a lovely gift for you looks lovely on your table. My son and his wife appear on Christmas day with matching aprons one with a Rooster and one with Mother Hen When I see them on Christmas day I will raise my glass to you to wish you a Happy Christmas. Love Joan.
It`s lovely Kath, what a nice present. How did you manage to only have 3 sides on your box...Is that possible? lol! ;o)
Love Sandra xxxx
I just can't stand it when you spend good money for something and it's just not right! But Rooster saved the day!! Way to go Roost!! : ) Love ya, Shelly
Kath I love your table runner very apt for you and Mr Rooster :o) and you have given us another lovely Rhyme ~ I do enjoy them so ~ Ally x
What a lovely surprise, Kath. Smoothed the ruffled feathers! Clever rooster.
Bunny xx
Stop bragging on that Rooster! Someone might try to take him away from you. LOL... You are blessed. =.)
Hello! Kath, thanks for your visit and support Today.
The Table runner is so apt, I bet you were thrilled!
Take care
Aileen....X
What a lovely runner Motherhen. I wouldn't want to risk anyone spilling egg yolk on that!
love, Angie, xx
Love the runner. What a lovely gift.
We have the same weather here.
Good luck with the box!!!
Carolxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/carolelainedodd/a-quiet-life......i-wish/
LOL Laughter is good for the soul and I get such a laugh when I read your entries! So funny. Can just see you clucking at Rooster! lol I would be upset too with a 3 sided box!! I go to the $1 store and get empty boxes to mail stuff in for eBay. They are cheap... free for me! lol Have a wonderful week and I love your table runner... so cute and so sweet of Rooster. God Bless, Janie
Don't spill gin on it!!! LOL
Russ
Awww, Kath, how frustrating it is that you ended up with a lopsided box right when you wanted to get your parcels sent out early. I hope they exchanged it promptly for a new one! I must get mine wrapped and sent out today. What a lovely gift from your partner. I'm afraid as I did not know his name your card comes to you with only your name on it, but never fear the wishes are for him as well! I received your lovely card yesterday, thanks so very much! One of my first ones this year! I hope you have a lovely day where you are, it is cold and windy and blustery here today, and probably raining too! (I haven't peeped my head out yet to check!)
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
That was very sweet of Rooster!
I hope that returning the box isn't too much of a hassle. How strange! --Cin
Oh how I love the table runner. Good job...rooster.
Has that chicken been genetically modified?
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/
I have to laugh, Kath, because we have to build boxes at work sometimes. They seem impossible to do but a three sided one. Whoo, I'd be clucking right along beside you. Things like that drive me totally crazy. But hey, how sweet your rooster was. I just love that table runner. It's gorgeous. You have yourself one thoughtful man. That would stop my clucking also. That tag is way too cut also. Have a good weekend! Love xx Chris
Post a Comment