Tuesday, 20 November 2007

" I HAD AN IDEA"

 
              
 
                                      OVER SIXTIES LOL!!
                                                 
                                              
   
I WAS SNAGGING THESE GRAPHICS ABOVE FROM SUGAR ONE MORNING WHEN I WAS ONLINE.
 
YES THESE LOVELY RED HATTER TAGS LIKE ABOVE AND I GOT THE IDEA FOR THIS RHYME.
 
I WOULD LOVE TO BE A RED HATTER GIRL AND TRAVEL AROUND AND HAVE LAUGHS.
 
I THINK THIS WOULD SUIT ME TO A TEE  A RED HAT ON MY HEAD LAUGHING KATH.
 
WELL ACTUALY I DO HAVE A PICTURE OF MYSELF IN MY BIG RED HAT.
 
SO I MIGHT WRITE UP TO SOMEONE AND SEND IT  AND ASK ABOUT THAT.
 
COULD I JOIN YOUR RED HATTER GROUP PLEASE I'D ASK AS I'D LOVE TO TRAVEL AROUND.
 
AND MY LAUGH IT IS VERY INFECTIOUS IT'S A VERY VERY HEARTY SOUND.
 
I AM SURE I WOULD FIT IN COMFORTABLY WITH YOUR GROUP PLEASE GIVE ME A TRY.
 
HERE IS MY PICTURE ENCLOSED FOR YOU IN MY RED HAT I AWAIT YOUR REPLY.
 
CAN YOU IMAGINE ME J/LAND GOING OUT TO A FUNCTION WITH ALL OF THEM.
 
INTRODUCING MYSELF TO THEM ALL AND SAYING HELLO GALS I'M MOTHEREHEN.      HE-HE.
 
I'M OVER SIXTY  AND JUST THE RIGHT AGE AND I THINK STILL A KID AT HEART.
 
AND I ALSO HAVE A PURPLE DRESS I COULD WEAR AND PLAY THE PART.
 
IF I JOINED IN YOUR GROUP WHAT FUN WE WOULD HAVE YOU WOULD LAUGH FROM MORNING TILL NIGHT.
 
BECAUSE MOTHERHEN LOVES A LAUGH AND GOOD FUN I THINK I  WOULD FIT IN JUST RIGHT.
 
SO PLEASE  CONSIDER MY APPLICATION  IF YOU ARE ONE SHORT IN YOUR GROUP.
 
IV'E ENQUIRED ROUND HOME AND KNOWBODY SEEMS TO WANT TO GET UP A NEW TROOP.
 
FROM MY AREA SO I'LL HAVE TO WAIT FOR A VACANCY IF I CAN JOIN ONE OF YOURS.
 
OH I WOULD BE EVER SO GRATEFUL TO YOU AS MOTHERHEN JUST SIMPLY ADORES.
 
ANY KIND OF LARGE HAT YOU SEE BUT A RED ONE I ALREADY POSSESS.
 
I WOULD LOOK NICE I'M SURE WHEN DOLLED UP AND OF COURSE IN A PURPLE DRESS.
 
SO FOR NOW HERE IS MY PICTURE ENCLOSED WHICH I'VE SENT YOU WITH THESE FEW LINES..
 
BUT MY HAIRS NO LONGER DARK BROWN IT'S BLONDE AND HAS BEEN FOR QUITE SOME TIME.
 
IF I HAVE A SHORT WAIT THATS FINE I DON'T MIND BEFORE YOU GET BACK TO ME..
 
OH!!!!   ON SECOND THOUGHTS THOUGH DON'T BOTHER AS IT MIGHT PROVE TOO MUCH  HE-HE..
 
IV'E DECIDED I MUCH RATHER SPEND MY TIME WITH THE GROUP I HAVE ALREADY  MET.
 
WHICH TAKES UP LOTS OF MY SPARE TIME SO NO TIME FOR OTHER GROUPS  YET.
 
I'M FAR TOO BUSY DOING THINGS IN THIS ONE AND OFTEN I CARN'T GET OFFLINE.
 
FOR WRITING MY COMMENTS AND POSTINGS TO J/LAND ALL OF "  MY SIMPLE RHYMES " 
 
                                            
                                  
 
 
                             I CAN DREAM CARN'T I ?  HE-HE-HE.
 
 
 

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great entry had me giggling lol.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

I agree the Red Hatter's do have the right idea.  As I work and don't have time for clubs and such our AOL group of Journalers' is just my cup of tea.  I have a red hat too, but no picture of me in it unlike your beautiful one.  I even have a purple t shirt with a red hat on it...There are a few of us in jland that are over 60 and I think we've got the right idea.  We'll stay in touch and laugh with each other.  
'On Ya' - ma  

Anonymous said...

You look darling in that red hat!!!!  Thanks for sharing.... You make a lovely red hatter!  lol

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

What is it about a hat?  Changes the way you feel and act.  A purple one even more so - see Barry's oddsb0dikins entry for 26th October.  We all have a yearning to grow old disgracefully!
Bunny xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry, as alwayss!
I hope you can join the Socitey. Sounds like such fun. If I had transportation...I'd think about joining ione! :)
Have a good week.
Huggies,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've always wanted to be a red hatter myself.  They look like they have so much fun!   I think you'd be a great asset to the Red Hatters!   Loved your rhyme as always.  Is there no end to your talents!!!  I think not!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Oh, how pretty you look!

I don't know that there are limits as to where a local chapter can be started, Kath.  Perhaps you could inquire about bringing the Red Hatters over to your shores and starting up a chapter there??

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!!  I want a red hat too. lol  What a wonderful idea!!  love your rhyme and it's just in time cause I am feeling fine.  haha.  I rhymed.  : )  love you, Shelly

Anonymous said...

You look positively gorgeous in your picture!  My aunt is a Red Hatter and they are all the time running here & there.  We would miss you too much if you were to join them!!!  :)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Other than the colour of your hair you have not changed a bit. sure you will be allowed in the group who could say no to you. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of the red hatters, what am i missing??  Or is it only a secrete revealed once your over 60. :-)
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

To cute....LOL.....June:)

Anonymous said...

You havent changed a bit Kath apart from your hair colour ,dont go joining any groups that would take you away from us ,we cant spare you ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Looked at the site.  I like it, it's my sense of humour.  Red hat, purple dress and do nothing but have fun.  Yeah!!
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Another great rhyme!  My mom was a red hatter and she enjoyed it so much.  The president of the local chapter spoke at her funeral.  

Russ

Anonymous said...

Oh! Kath....I was feeling so unwell, and down, but as usual your Entry fixed that.
Love Hats, and love to see them, but don't feel 'at home' in one. I have a lovely Black one that I wear on occassion though....Love the picture!
Aileen....X

Anonymous said...

I could very much see you as a member of the RED HAT SOCIETY.   Suits you to a T.This posting is from Mary via E. mail Thankyou Mary.

Anonymous said...

I love your Rhymes Kath and this one gave me a smile ~ If anyone was Lucky enough to get you into their "Red Hat group" they would be sure of having a good laugh ~ loved your picture ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

That sounds absolutely spot on for you Kath.  The lasses wouldn't have known what fun is til you joined them and showed them how
love, Ang, xx

Anonymous said...

Really cute and very nice picture. Know what you mean about dark hair and now blonde. I haven't seen the real color of my hair since 1970 !! Maybe I think blondes have more fun??? lol Glad you are sticking with J-Land. lol God Bless, Janie