WELL THE WEATHERS CHANGED AGAIN MY FRIENDS AS YOU ALL WELL KNOW.
AND I WENT ALONG ON MONDAY NIGHT TO SEE THE SCARECROW SHOW.
WHEN I ARRIVED THERE NOTHING THERE WERN'T A SOUL IN SIGHT.
NO SCARECROWS IN THE GARDENS I WAS REALY WOUND UP TIGHT. HE-HE..

I WANDERED ROUND THE VILLAGE UNTIL I SAW A GUY.
SO I ASKED HIM WHY I COULDN'T SEE ANY SCARECROWS HERE AND WHY.
HE SAID I'M SORRY MADAM BUT IT STARTS ON SATURDAY.
THE EIGHTEENTH DAY OF AUGUST DOWN OUR VILLAGE WAY.
IT'S ON ALL WEEK AND YOU ARE WELCOME ANY DAY OR NIGHT.
THEY'LL ALL BE IN THE GARDENS EVERYWHERE SOME OF THEM INSIDE

I SAID I KNOW I CAME LASTYEAR AND REALY HAD A BALL.
WALKING ROUND AND SNAPPING THEM AND LAUGHING AT THEM ALL.
WELL I'M SORRY YOUV'E GOT THE DATE WRONG AND I SAID YES I AM TOO.
BUT IT'S MY PARTNER WHO WILL END UP NOW FEELING PRETTY BLUE.
WHEN I GET HOME I'M GOING TO DO SOME HOME SCHOOLING ON HIM.
AND TEACH HIM HOW TO READ PROPERLY AND HE'S GROUNDED FROM THE GYM. HE-HE
HAVING ME COME ON THE WRONG DATE AND NOT A SOUL IN SIGHT
.
.I BET HE GETS HIS RUGBY FIXURE DATES CORRECT AND RIGHT.
WAIT WHILE I GET HOME I THOUGHT I'LL SHOW HIM IF I'M DEAR.
HE CAN GET READY FOR SOME HUMPY COS HE'S GETTING A THICK EAR. HE-HE
HE'D DROPPED ME OFF WITH MY NEIGHBOUR THEN GONE OUT TO TRAIN.
WELL HE WON'T BE GOING NEXT WEEK HE'LL BE STANDING IN THE RAIN.
OUTSIDE MY FLAT ON MY LITTLE PLOT DRESSED UP AS A SCARECROW TOO.
WITH A BIG DUNCES HAT PLONKED ON HIS HEAD IN EVERYBODY'S VIEW HE-HE.
I BET HE WON'T FORGET THE DATE NEXT TIME I ASK HIM WHEN.
THE SCARECROW SHOW STARTS DOWN THIS WAY COS HE KNOWS MOTHERHEN. HE-HE.
SO I'M SORRY MY FRIENDS BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT NOW FOR MY PICTURES OF.
THE FAMOUS PEOPLE SCARECROW SHOW ANOTHER WEEK NOW BECAUSE.
MY SILLY PARTNER GOT THE DATE WRONG IT'S TYPICAL OF A MAN.
BUT I'LL GET MY PICTURES TAKEN AND POST THEM AS SOON AS I CAN.
I JUST HOPE THAT IT'S FINE MY FRIENDS AND THE SUN ONCE MORE DOES SHINE.
I BETTER MAKE A DUNCE HAT NOW LIKE THIS IN " MY SIMPLE RHYME". HE-HE.
( THANX TO DEBBIE OF DeB'sDaBs FOR THIS LOVELY GRAPHIC )

14 comments:
lol ..It could be worse you could have missed it ...love Jan xx
I'll be looking forward to the pictures and hoping the weather turns out right for you . We all make mistakes and if that's the worst of it, then we'll be thankful for sure. Take good care and enjoy the sunshine and smiles today! 'On Ya' - ma
Oh what a disappointment! Never mind, at least you now know exactly when it is going to be and we shall just have to wait to see the pictures for a little bit longer! Hope you are having a lovely day whatever you are doing! :-)
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
Well, at least you didn't miss it! ;)
Can't wait to see the pics! WOO HOO!
Huggies,
Sugar
Looking forward to it all the more, Kath.
Bunny x
Awww..Can't wait to see the pictures. :)
I have never heard of that.
Have a nice day Kath!
Nena
Yep...thats a man for you! lol I can't wait to see the pictures! :o)
Lisa
LOL Kath at least we will get another Rhyme when you do get the pictures ~ glad you didn't miss the show can you imagine how you would have felt if he told you the date after the event and you had missed it ~ Satsuma's would have been flying all over the place :o) Ally x
looking forward to hearing all about it - and seeing pics too. Thanks for your lovely comment left in my journal!
Take care,
Millie :)
Sorry you got the wrong date still we will look forward to next week Take care Love Joan.
MEN!!!!
love, Angie, xx
Men + remembering correct dates = disaster (You are right in that they do somehow remember their "important" dates) LOL
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm
I used to live in a town that had an autumn scarecrow show, too. I miss that. I hope that you and your beloved Dunce get back to town to see the scarecrows. --Cin
Wow, I was just reading the entry before this. Those scarecrows are out of this world. So creative. It's such a good cause also. Sheesh...men can mix things up, now can't they, if it's not of interest to them. LOL...bet he got his ear beat off. I can't wait to see this year's pictures. Hope the day is as lovely as it was. Love xx Chris
Post a Comment