WELL MY FRIENDS IT SEEMS THAT KATH IS DOING SOME COMPLAINING AGAIN.
VERY SIMILAR TO WHAT I DID ABOUT THE RATS WE HAD WITH THE RAIN.
I GOT UP EARLY THIS MORNING TO A CARD IN THE BOX FOR MY MAIL.
SO HERE I AM YES ONCE AGAIN TELLING YOU ANOTHER TALE.
A FRIEND HAD WROTE ME A LETTER LAST WEEK WHICH I WAS WAITING TO ARRIVE .
I WENT TO MY MAIL BOX EVERY DAY BUT HER LETTER WASN'T INSIDE.
MY FRIEND HAD POSTED THIS LETTER OUT LAST THURSDAY BY EARLY FIRST CLASS.
SHE INFORMED ME INSIDE THE LETTER A QUESTION SHE HAD TO ASK.
SO I WAITED TILL WEDNESDAY MORNING AFTER FIVE DAYS NO LETTER ARRIVED.
I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHEN I CHECKED MY MAIL BOX THERE WAS STILL NOTHING THERE INSIDE.
I RANG MY FRIEND AND I ASKED HER ARE YOU SURE YOU SENT IT FIRST CLASS.
OH! I'M POSITIVE KATH BUT DON'T WORRY IT WILL TURN UP SOMETIME LASS.
GIVE IT A COUPLE OF MORE DAYS SHE SAID THERE REALY IS NO RUSH.
SO THIS I DID BUT NOTHING ARRIVED SO AGAIN I BEGAN TO FUSS.
THEN WHEN I LOOKED THIS MORNING I HAD RECEIVED THIS LITTLE CARD.
FROM THE GENERAL POST OFFICE TELLING ME TO GO ALONG TO THERE YARD.
TO COLLECT THE LETTER OF MINE WAITING THERE AND COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I READ .
WITH AN EXTRA CHARGE OF ONE POUND AND SIX PENCE THE LITTLE CARD IT SAID.
THE ENVELOPE WAS TOO LARGE IN SIZE BY ABOUT AN EIGHTH OF AN INCH.
A FIRST CLASS STAMP DIDN'T COVER THE POSTAGE SO THEY DECIDED MY MONEY TO CLINCH.
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SIX PENCE MORE SHOULD THE POSTAGE SO THEY WOULDN'T DELIVER IT HERE.
AND A CHARGE OF ONE POUND AND SIX PENCE ALSO TO PICK IT UP I FEAR..
MY BLOOD BOILED I WAS SO ANGRY IT WAS NOT THE AMOUNT TO PAY.
IT WAS THE THOUGHT OF ALL THE PROFIT THAT THEY ALL MAKE TODAY .
WE HAVE TO SIZE OUR ENVELOPES NOW GET THEM WIEGHED AND PAY THE RIGHT FEE.
IF NOT IT WILL NOT BE DELIVERED AND YOU HAVE TO COLLECT IT LIKE ME.
PLUS THE EXTRA AMOUNT AS WELL AND I THOUGHT WHAT IF I HAD LIVED .
OUT OF WALKING DISTANCE AND CATCH A BUS OR BEEN INVALID..
THE PHONE CALL CHARGE YOU MAKE TO FIND OUT IF YOUR LETTER HAS ACTUALLY BEEN SENT .
THEN THERES THE DISTANCE TO TRAVEL AND HOW MUCH BUS FARE ONE HAS SPENT.
SO I RANG THE LOCAL POSTMASTER AND I SAID I WANT TO COMPLAIN.
THIS WAS ONLY AN ORDINARY LETTER NOT A PARCEL YOUR'E SUCH A PAIN.
I PRETENDED I WAS AN INVALID AND THIS JOURNEY IS VERY LONG..
HE REPLIED WELL THE SENDER SHOULD MEASURE HER MAIL BEFORE SHE SENDS IT ALONG.
WE'VE NEVER HAD TO DO THIS BEFORE DON'T YOU THINK IT IS ALL A BIT MUCH.
NO HE REPLIED IT'S GOVENMENT RULING AND ALL THAT STUPID STUFF.
I WAS GETTING WOUND UP BY THE MINUTE AND I HAD REALY HAD ENOUGH.
I REPEATED IT'S SUCH A LONG WAY FOR ME I WANTED TO SAY OH! GET S- - - - - - . ( HE-HE).
CARN'T I HAVE IT RE-DELIVERED AND PAY AT MY DOOR AT ALL.
WELL YOU CAN BUT THEY'LL BE ANOTHER CHARGE AND IT WON'T BE VERY SMALL.
IF YOU CALL BRING SOME IDENTIFICATION A PASSPORT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
RING THE BELL ON THE DOOR IN THE BACK YARD AND SHOW IT TO THE POST CHAP.
AS LONG AS IT HAS YOUR PICTURE ON AND ADDRESS THAT IS ALL WE NEED.
YOUR ONE POUND AND SIX PENCE EXTRA AND YOU CAN THEN HAVE YOUR LETTER TO READ.
WELL IF I'M COLLECTING THE LETTER MYSELF WHY DO I PAY A CHARGE.
A ONE HOURS RETURN WALKING JOURNEY TO COME ALONG TO YOUR YARD.
MEASURE MY ENVELOPES BEFORE I SEND AND GET THEM WEIGHED FOR THE MAIL.
GOOD GRIEF I THINK I AM DOING YOUR JOB AND IT'S YOU THAT GETS FLIPPING PAID. (HE-HE).
SO IT TOOK ME THIRTY FIVE MINUTES OR MORE TO WALK TO THE POST OFFICE FOR
MY FRIENDS LETTER AND PAY MY DUES AND DEMANDS AND EVERYTHING ELSE AND MORE.
WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS WORLD IS COMING TO HAS EVERYTHING JUST GONE MAD.
NOTHING SEEMS FAIR TO ME TODAY AND THE GREED IN THIS WORLD IS SO BAD.
ALL FOR AN ENVELOPE BEING ONE EIGHTH OF AN INCH TOO FLIPPING WIDE.
THERE WASN'T A LETTER IN MY MAIL BOX WHEN I WENT AND LOOKED INSIDE.
SO I SUPPOSE I THINK IN THE FUTURE IT WILL HAVE TO BE E. MAIL NOW.
BUT ME AND MY FRIENDS WE LIKE TO RECIEVE A LETTER THROUGH OUR BOX SOMEHOW.
RESTRICTIONS AND RULES AND REGULATIONS I AM SICK OF THEM ALL THE TIME.
THE NEXT RULE WILL BE AOL'S EXTRA CHARGES FOR WRITING " MY SIMPLE RHYME".
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
SO THIS
LEO THE LION WAS SO VERY ANGRY
THANKYOU TO SUGAR FOR THE LOVELY TAGS.!!
19 comments:
Great rhyme Kath, though I know how ridiculous the letter sizing is. I worked for Royal Mail for 19 years and just after I left they came up with the less than bright idea of charging by size...as if they didn`t charge enough for the usual tiny envelopes that we send our letters in...grr! I`m really glad I don`t work there any more.
Love Sandra xxxx
Beaurocracy gone mad. Glad you told them.
Jenny <><
Kath, this envelope thing is maddening. It means a trip to the PO every time to check, and I still don't understand it. Echoing your Grrrrrrrrrr !
Bunny x
The rats must be working at your post office. What an awful lot to go through just for a letter. I'm glad for email! --Cin
Hi kath, doesn't it just make your blood boil. So petty and yet they want a raise. Lol !! Although my postie is lovely, bless him..
x x
I would hate to be without my email now but it's so nice to get a 'real' letter sometimes. Funny how there's never a problem getting bills through or letterboxes!
Angie, xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/faveanti/canyouallhearmeattheback/
Isent a card to a friend and because it was a bit big ,it wasnt delivered for her Birthday ,isnt it getting stupid ,yes Idont blame you feeling angry ...love Jan xx
That is riciulous! I'm so glad that they don't have that here...yet. I'm sure they'll find a way to figure out one some day. I'm glad you told them! :o) You go girl!
Lisa
Glad you told them off!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a lovely Sunday.
Huggies,
Sugar
I think all the postal craziness started after 9/11 when random nutcases were mailing anthrax to newspapers. It's not like those post workers were all that brilliant BEFORE then. Keep being a badass, Kath!!!
xo
Russ
Just when you think you've heard it all eh!!!! I think postage prices are outrageous but you should see what they charge in Canada!!! It cost us almost $50 to send out about 30 postcards while we were there and I also had to mail a little parcel to one of my grandsons, maybe about 6 inches square in size and very light which cost me almost $10. I'll never complain about British prices again! Wait!!! I already did! Ok.... after this time, I'll never complain again!!!!!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
wow what a hassle to get one piece of mail. (((((((hugs))))))
Cindy
It seems that every day we find changes going on and they are not all good that's for sure. It gets harder and harder to keep up with them all. I try to keep my life simple , but all the rules and regulations make it difficult... the only way round it all is to SMILE a lot. It gets so ridicules we have to laugh! I'm glad you finally got your mail and hope it was worth all the wait and walk to finally get it.
'On Ya' - ma
Oh Kath you have been in the wars agan. No wonder the Post office is in a bad way and now wonder emails are so popular. Keep smiling Love Joan.
Your postal system sounds as flawed as ours. Just recently our PS went with the size of the item as well. It has been a real pain in the butt. I agree it sounds as though you did most of their job for them. Geesh, isn't it something how we can get so riled up over things like this. Have a wonderful day!
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm
Kath we posted a small birthday card to our Godson and the same thing happened ~ and they had to pay that charge ~ No wonder the post office isn't getting the business it used to they are so greedy ~ Ally x
Oh dear what a palaver to get your mail. Money grabbing so and so's. Hope you have a better week this week Kath.
Debbie
xxx
I agree postage is so outrageous. You tell em' girl. paula
Hi Kath...Thats got me thinking now about letters i've sent out whether i've put enough stamps on. If unsure i've put 2 first class stamps on. The post office are legal theives...
Astra!
http://journals.aol.com/astra1547/astras-new-journal/
ASTRA1547@sky.com
Post a Comment