Monday, 9 April 2007

"THE SILVER WEDDING DATE"

 
              
                   (Thanks to Donna of for this great graphic).
 
      (They say elephants never forget and I will never forget this night out)   lol!!
 
HELLO EVERYBODY I HOPE THAT ALL OF YOU.
 
HAVE HAD A LOVELY EASTER SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO.
 
EVERYTHING BACK TO NORMAL OUT CAME MY PAD AND PEN.
 
I'M BACK NOW TO MY JOURNAL AND COMMENTING AGAIN.
 
MY SIMPLE RHYME TODAYS ABOUT " A  SILVER WEDDING  DATE".
 
FOR A FRIEND OF MINE THAT WE WERE ASKED TO ATTEND AND CELEBRATE.
 
A BRILLIANT TIME DID FOLLOW WITH SONGS AND YES MUCH CHAT.
 
EVERYBODY GATHERED ROUND TALKING THIS AND THAT.
 
THE DRINKS WERE FLOWING FREELY A GROUP THERE WAS ON STAGE.
 
PLAYING ALL THE OLDIES  WHICH AT THIS TIME  WERE  THE RAGE.
 
 
      
1969 WE DRESSED IN WIGS AND ROCK AND ROLL GEAR.
          
 
BUT OUR FRIEND WAS  IN HER SUNDAY BEST FOR HER 25TH YEAR.
 
SHE WANTED TO STAND OUT FROM US AND SO SHE DRESSED UP SWELL.
 
SO EVERYONE WOULD KNOW SHE WAS THE ANNIVERSARY BELLE.
 
AS TIME PASSED BY  WE ALL GOT MERRY A FEW DRINKS DOWN THE LINE.
 
NO PROBLEMS JUST A HAPPY CROWD AND ALL WAS GOING FINE.
 
OUR  FRIEND SHE DRANK UP MORE AND MORE WHILST WE HAD A JIVE OR TWO.
 
ALL HUSBANDS WIVES AUNTS AND UNCLES GOT UP TWO BY TWO.
 
              
 
THESE DRINKS HAD ALL BEEN PAID FOR  VODKA WAS HER DRINK.
 
NOT A DANCER WAS SHE SO DUTCH COURAGE SHE DID THINK.
 
THE DRINKS WOULD MAKE HER TIPSY AND THEN SHE'D HAVE A GO.
 
AT ROCK AND ROLL AND TWISTING INSTEAD OF WALTZES SLOW.
 
 
 
         
BEFORE TOO LONG YES SHE WAS UP THERE BOPPING UP AND DOWN.
 
REQUESTING ALL HER  FAVOURITE TUNES OF THE ROCK AND ROLL SOUND.
 
AFTER QUITE A TIME SHE SAID I MUST GO TO THE LOO.
 
I DON'T FEEL VERY WELL AND YOU ALL KNOW IV'E HAD A FEW.
 
WE ALL SAT THERE ENJOYING A LOVELY BUFFET SPREAD.
 
FEEDING  ALL OUR FACES WHEN SOMEONE ANXIOUS SAID.
 
I WONDER WHERE MY SISTER  IS SHE'S BEEN GONE QUITE A WHILE.
 
HER HUBBY SAID SHE'S AT THE LOO THE VODKA'S CRAMPED HER STYLE.
 
WE WAITED AND WE WAITED AND STILL THERE  WAS NO SIGN.
 
SO WORRIED  I SAID I'LL GO SEE IF EVERYTHING IS  FINE.
 
JUST THEN THE LOO DOOR OPENED AND HER SISTER  DID APPEAR.
 
SHE CAME OVER TO THE TABLE I SAID ARE YOU OK MY DEAR.
 
SHE SAT THERE GAZING UP AT US NOT ANSWERING  BACK AT ALL.
 
HER HUBBY WASN'T PLEASED HE THOUGHT THAT SHE HAD SPOILED THE BALL.
 
COME ON HE SAID WER'E GOING HOME I THINK YOUV'E HAD ENOUGH.
 
YOUR FACE IS LIKE A GHOST AND YOU ARE LOOKING PRETTY ROUGH.
 
IN SILENCE SHE IGNORED HIM AND NEVER MADE A MOVE.
 
ANOTHER  FRIEND TOOK HER HAND AND PULLED HER  UP TO GROOVE.
 
STILL SHE LOOKED SO PALE AS SHE WAS DANCING ROUND THE FLOOR.
 
HER HEAD WAS BOWED AND SHE DIDN'T LOOK SO HAPPY ANY MORE. 
 
ON RETURNING TO THE TABLE WE ASKED HER WHAT WAS WRONG.
 
SHE MUMBLED IV'E BEEN SICK AND NOW MY FALSE TEETH THEY ARE GONE.
 
                                      ROFL
 
SHE EXPLAINED SHE DIDN'T FEEL WELL AND WHEN  SHE HAD BEEN SICK . 
 
SHE FLUSHED THE TOILET GOT HER MAKEUP BAG OUT PRETTY QUICK.
 
TO PUT ON SOME MORE LIPSTICK IN THE MIRROR  AS WE  DO.
 
AND YELLED OH NO!!!  MY MOUTH HAS SUNK MY TEETH ARE DOWN THE LOO.
 
 
                                       
SHE'D  LOOKED BACK DOWN THE TOILET  BUT HER TEETH HAD DISAPEARED.
 
AFRAID TO COME BACK OUT AND WHAT WE'D SEE  IS WHAT SHE FEARED.
 
WELL WE WERE IN HYSTERICS HER HUBBY SAID I KNEW.
 
I CANNOT EVEN TAKE HER TO OUR OWN CELEBRATION DO.
 
WE WERE  ROCKING AND A ROLLING BUT WITH LAUGHTER NOT WITH DANCE.
 
 
 
 
EVERYONE  IN HYSTERICS BUT HER HUBBY WAS IN A TRANCE.
 
YOUR GOING HOME RIGHT NOW HE CRIED AND GRABBED HER ARM AND SAID.
 
I'M  NOT SITTING HERE WITH GUMMY FACE I WOULDN'T BE SEEN DEAD.
 
WE JUST COULD NOT CONTROL OURSELVES  BUT HE WAS TERRIBLY MAD.
 
OUR FREIND SAT THERE NO TEETH IN AND LOOKING VERY SAD.
 
I CARN'T SIT HERE OR DANCE WITH YOU  WITH NO TEETH IN AT ALL.
 
WHEN WE CAME OUT YOU LOOKED  LIKE CINDERELLA OF THE BALL.
 
BUT CINDERELLA LOST HER SLIPPER NOT HER FLIPPING TEETH.
 
HE YELLED AT HER COME ON NOW UGLY SISTER I AM PEAVED .
 
YOU'RE DENTURES ARE NOW SAILING DOWN TO THE LOCAL SEWER.
 
AND PRINCE CHARMING HERE IS LIVID THATS FOR BLOOMING SURE.
 
NEXT DAY SHE FOUND AN OLD SET AND I'M HAPPY  TO TELL YOU.
 
SHE HASN'T LOST HER TEETH SINCE  SHE USES SOME STRONG GLUE.
 
SO WHENEVER SHE GOES CELEBRATING OUT  FOR A GOOD TIME.
 
SHE NEVER ENDS UP GUMMY LIKE IN  " MYSIMPLE RHYME"      
 
 
HE- HE- WHAT A NIGHT!!!  THAT WAS LOL!!!!
 
HOW COULD I EVER FORGET.
 
 
    (Thankyou Missie For My Lovely Siggy)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was so funny and I laughed so much I ended up having an asthma attack lol
Debbie

Anonymous said...

That was great, I needed the laugh thanks Deanna

Anonymous said...

1969 was the year i got married the day after boxing day in a registry office.  For our 25th wedding anniversary we got our marriage blessed in church.  Thankfully all my teeth are mine but my dad lost his a few times after a pint or two.  He always found them later and when we said where were they he always said 'Don't ask' lol!
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Oh I laughed and laughed at that one...what a time for sure!  I hope her dear hubby got over it.  Thanks for the laugh!   I'll soon be wiping away the tears.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

What afunny funny memory.  I know its great for laughs when you and your friends get together.  I'm just sorry her husband took it so seriously.  

Anonymous said...

What a night!!  Your poem has immortalized it!!!

Russ

Anonymous said...

Oh I did get a chuckle out of this Kath!  Thanks so much for sharing this with us!  That poor woman!
Marie
 http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Kath this was so funny ~ What a night what a memory it is one I am sure you will never forget ~ wonder if she had a spare set of teeth at home ~ (Do people have spare sets of teeth like they do spare pairs of glasses) !!!! LOL ~ Ally :o)

Anonymous said...

Kath, that was such a good laugh.  Just what's needed on a cloudy day like today.
Luv, Angie x

Anonymous said...

Oh poor thing, Belle of the Ball indeed,I bet she cringes at the memory ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so clever with your rhyme really enjoyed that one. where would we be with our strong glue.  LOve Joan.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh Kath,  your poor friend must have been mortified when she realised what had happened to her teeth, I know I would have been, thanks for the laugh,

love Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

LOL...I feel bad for laughing...but it's is funny. ;o) But it does sound like you had such fun! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh kath, that did make me laugh!!! What a memory huh? Lovely entry in poetry form! hugs, Millie :)

Anonymous said...

OMG THAT WAS SOOOOOOO FUNNY.   I am sitting here cracking up.  Your poor friend.  If I was there I wouldnt be able to control my laughter either.  That is some story.  Thank you for sharing it ;)  xoxoxoox Dina

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, that's a great story! I hope your friend's husband will be able to look back on it someday and laugh just as much.

Jenny
http://journals.aol.com/jenny264/movetoireland

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe...hahahaha...OMG, Kath, I'm dying here.  I never ever expected that to be the reason she wouldn't leave the bathroom.  I would have been laughing hysterically.  I'm sure in a year or two, her husband will be looking back and laughing also.  This sounds like a classic story that will get told over and over again at family gatherings.  ROFL....Love xx Chris