Friday, 15 September 2006

"GRANDMA'S DEAR OLD WATERING CAN"

GRANDMA'S DEAR OLD WATERING CAN IT'S HAD IT'S BETTER DAY.

SHE WAS AN AVID GARDENER IN HER YOUNGER DAY.

WHEN SHE PASSED I KEPT IT AND USED IT EVERY TIME.

SPRINKLING EVERY EVENING WITH THE ROSE IT WAS SO FINE.

WHEN I DIDN'T USE IT I STOOD IT THERE ON SHOW.

OLD AND BATTERED SO WELL WORN BUT I COULDN'T LET IT GO.

MANY YEARS SHE USED IT HEAVY TOO FULL UP.

BUT WITH BOTH OF HER WEARY HANDS THE WATERING CAN SHE'D CUP.

I DO NOT HAVE A GARDEN NOW,BUT HAVE IT HERE IN STORE.

I'M GOING TO ONE DAY FILL IT UP WITH FLOWERS BY MY DOOR.

SHE'LL BE LOOKING DOWN UPON ME SAYING TO ALL OUT LOUD.

OH! LOOK THERE STANDS MY WATERING CAN OUR KATHS SHOWS OFF SO PROUD.

I NEVER WILL DISGARD IT I LOVE IT OH! SO MUCH.

WHEN I SEE IT STANDING THERE IT SEEMS I FEEL HER TOUCH.

SO THANKYOU FOR THIS GRAPHIC DEAR DONNA YOU HAVE SENT.

IT'S ALMOST YES A LOOK -A-LIKE OF GRANDMA'S CAN WELL SPENT.

I'M PROUD OF GRANDMA'S WATERING CAN BATTERED BULGED AND OLD.

IT HAS SO MANY MEMORIES THAT I DO DEARLY HOLD..............

Astoriasand   http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

(If you got this alert many times AOL were playing me up. I am sorry about that! Grrr!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna's Graphic is beautiful and your Rhyme matches it perfectly ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

That was really nice, your grandma would have loved it! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I've followed your link from Leigh's journal. I hope you don't mind me just dropping in, but you just seem like such an amazing lady that I wanted to read about you. Your poems are lovely by the way, I really like them.

I hope you'll stop by and visit mine if you feel like. Have a great day.

Morgan
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

Love it dear. :)
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I got your journal from This, That and Hockey.  Very Nice.  I will be back to enjoy some more of your entries.
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/'
Tracy