WHAT IS IT ABOUT THE GHOST TRAIN MOST KIDS REQUEST TO GO ON.
I USED TO HEAR MINE WITTER OH! PLEASE MUM WALKING THE PROM.
NO YOU WON'T LIKE THAT RIDE AT ALL IT'S DARK AND SCARY IN THERE.
BUT YET THEY STILL INSISTED AND PESTERED ME ESPECIALLY THE ELDEST PAIR.
COME ON THEN IF YOUR GOING TO INSIST THEN WE WOULD CLIMB UP ON THE STAND.
WAIT IN THE QUEUE AND PAY FOR OUR TICKETS AS I HELD THERE TINY HAND.
OUT OF THE DARK TUNNEL CAME THE RUMBLE OF THE WHEELS ON THE CAR FOR US.
EAGERLY THEY WOULD JUMP INSIDE AND SIT READY WITHOUT ANY FUSS.
THE TRAIN WOULD FILL UP WITH CHILDREN AND MUMS ALL EXCITED THEN WE WERE OFF.
AS THEY CLUTCHED THERE BAGS OF CRISPS OR SWEETS WHICH THEY HAD BOUGHT TO SCOFF.
RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE ROUND THE TRACK THE CAR WOULD SWAY.
WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN SHRIEKS AND SCREAMS AND UNDER MY BREATH I WOULD SAY.
OH DEAR I DON'T THINK THEY'LL LIKE THIS AT ALL GROTESQUE THINGS FILL THE AIR.
SPOOKS AND ALSORTS DANGLING DOWN LARGE SPIDERS ON WEBS EVERYWHERE .
HELP THERES A HORRIBLE SKELETONS HAND ON MY HEAD GET IT OFF THE KIDS SHOUT.
SCREAMING AND CARRYING ON AND ANOTHER CHILD CRYING I WANT TO GET OUT.
I WOULD BE LAUGHING AND THINKING YOU'LL LISTEN TO ADVISE FROM MUM.
I TOLD YOU THAT YOU WOULDN'T LIKE IT AND THAT THIS RIDE IT WASN'T MUCH FUN.
THEN A VERY LARGE COBWEB WOULD FALL DOWN AND LOOSLY DRAPE YOUR FACE.
MORE SCREAMS AND CRYING AS ROUND THE CORNER MORE GORE LIT UP IN SHOWCASE.
CREAKING SECRET DOORS WOULD OPEN GORY FACES ALL COVERED IN BLOOD.
MAKING THE KIDS SCREAM LOUDER GHOULS CLENCHING A STAKE MADE OF WOOD.
WHOOOOO'S AND HOWLS AND EIRIE NOISES ECHOING OUT FROM ALL SIDES .
MY TWO BOYS CLINGING ONTO ME TIGHTLY CRYING I DON'T LIKE THIS HORRIBLE RIDE. HE-HE.
WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP MUM I WANT TO GET OFF CAN YOU HEAR.
YES I CAN HEAR YOU BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT AND BOTH OF THEM FROZEN WITH FEAR.
THEN A COFFIN DROPS DOWN WITH A CORPSE SUSPENDED AND EVEN SCARES ME TO DEATH.
NEVER MIND THE CHILDREN I WAS FRIGHTENED IT ALMOST TOOK MY LAST BREATH. HE-HE.
BOO- HOO!! BOO- HOO!!! IS ALL I CAN HEAR NOW FROM EVERY CAR ON THE TRACK.
CHILDRENS VOICES HOLLOWING OUT HELP MUM I WANT TO GO BACK .
SO WHAT IS IT ABOUT THE GHOST TRAIN THAT WHEN SMALL CHILDREN THEY DO SEE.
INSISTING THEY WANT TO TAKE A RIDE IT'S GOT TO BE CURIOSITY.
AFTER TWO MINUTES ON THE RIDE LIGHT APPEARS AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL AND TRACK .
THROUGH TWO CLANGING HEAVY RUBBER DOORS THE KIDS ARE SO HAPPY THERE BACK .
THERES MORE CRYING EYES THAN RAINDROPS FROM HEAVEN DRIPPING ON THIS GHOST TRAIN.
THE JOURNEY HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE BUT NOT A JOURNEY IN VAIN.
NOW THEN DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR MUM I WOULD SAY TO THEM AS WE'D DEPART.
I WILL NEXT TIME MY CHILDREN WOULD SAY I PROMISE AND CROSS MY HEART.. HE-HE.
SO WE HAVE TO BE CRUEL TO BE KIND ON OCCASIONS HAV'NT WE FRIENDS SOMETIME.
HAS THIS JOGGED YOUR MEMORY OF YOUR GHOST TRAIN RIDE HERE IN " MY SIMPLE RHYME "
HE-HE !!
ELEPHANTS NEVER FORGET
HE-HE HE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kath
24 comments:
My sisters used to take me on rides like that when I was very young. I freaked OUT! I'd run crying to my mom after it was over, but those two evil girls never got in trouble for it. grrrrr
Russ
we went on the ultimate ghost train when in Florida. it was clled the mummy at universal studios. was a roller coaster with loads of scarey stuff. was so frightening my Charlie passed out lol.
love Joanne
You most certainly have reminded me ,hee heee ,I was in the Church choir and they took us on trips to the sea .we discovered the ghost train on one of these trips and went on the Ghost train out of bravado ,...love Jan xx
Ally xxx
Another great memory you've shared with us today. Those lessons we had to teach them weren't always easy for sure. I think I was an over protective Mom to be sure, never wanting anything to cause them any fright or ill, but sometimes life hands out the lessons anyway. And sometimes we know that is for their own good.
It's through their curiosity that they do learn. 'On Ya' - ma
My mother used to say the ghost train was unhygienic because of all those things that touch your face..............! Didn't stop me though.
Bunny xx
This was FUN to read! I could just hear all of the howling and crying. I did think you were going to say that they wanted to go again, though LOL!
Pam
Fabulous! So wonderfully descriptive. It took me back to when I ventured on one!!!! lol. I, erm... had to be helped up from the floor trying to get underneath the seats and I was still screaming when It stopped!! lol. Whoopsie! Well I don't like scary things! lol. Love Pam xx
Wonderful entry as always!
I enjoy your posts so much, Kath. :)
Hugs,
Sugar
I really enjoyed your entry today Kath but I will own up and say I have never been in a ghost train it must be the yellow streak down my back. Love Joan.
Offering my congrats on being a guest editors pick.
love the entry, I missed all your wonderful entries when my computer was down.
I can remember one time, many moons ago, at the age of 21 going to a fun fair with a friend of mine and our two husbands. Margaret and I were both about 6 months pregnant. We were watching people go through the ghost ride and they were screaming silly when they came out the other end. We were so curious and wanted to go in. The men finally relented and let us go. All was the normal thing, all the way through with the usual stupid things popping out at you and the creepy noises etc. We just could not understand what there was about it to get all excited about until we got to the very end and what looked like a stuffed gorilla reached out and tried to grab us. We about had our babies right there and then! What a scarey surprise that was! It was a real man inside a gorrilla suit. Wow! Thanks for your lovely rhyme once again Kath. You truly do amaze me with your lovely talents! I really admire you for that!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
I went through a haunted 3D roller coaster ride at Busch Gardens and I was screaming for mommy lol!!! AND I'M 23. It was the most spectacular thing I have ever seen though and I went back on that ride 3 more times! -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF
I loved this ~ an excellent rhyme but such a funny story to boot!!! When I was young I begged my mom to take me to a walk through funhouse, which was really scary...all the kids did it. I am very claustrophobic and we were about 1/4 of the way in when I freaked out. They had to take me out against the flow of kids coming in with a flashlight...I was just hysterical! My mom said we shouldn't do it but I didn't listen either! Thanks for the great read and bringing back some funny memories too!
xxx
Lisa
I've said before and I'll say it again ,you are so clever with your Rhymes Kath .What a scary ride you took us on ,they won't be told will they ??.....love Jeanxx
I've never ridden anything scary before, even when I was a kid! Your story makes me think I don't regret it.
Donna
Haven't ridden on a ghost train but I did ride on a run away mine train and I vowed never again and I'm sure that it is tame to what the kids ride now days. Paula
I loved the ghost train when i was a kid....loved to be scared..not so much now though..
have a good week...
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/
This reminds me of when we use to go on hayrides through the cemetary! lol
love ya,
carlene
My, that brings back memories! Could have been my bunch you were describing. Your rhymes are such fun to read. As always, mother knows best.
Too funny Kath and ever so true. lol Wishing you a wonderful week with lots of blessings, Hope puter and heater are doing better. Blessings, Janie
I used to love the Ghost Train too, can't think why! Great entry Kath
love, Angie, xx
The ghost train was one of my favourite rides as a kid along with the Waltzer lol.
Debbie
xxxx
Post a Comment