I THOUGHT OH! I'LL DO A FEW COMMENTS LAST THURSDAY AS I HAD A LITTLE SPARE TIME.
THEN IF I GOT FINISHED EARLY I WOULD DO ANOTHER RHYME.
SO THURDAY MORNING OF LAST WEEK I TURN ON LIKE WE ALL DO .
OH! DEAR SOMETHING QUITE DIFFERANT A MESSAGE IS WAITING THATS NEW.
CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER NOT AGAIN I WAS READY TO SWEAR.
SO I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN TO ME WHICH I WAS READING THERE .
YES THIS IS QUITE EASY I THOUGHT SO EVERYTHINGS GOING TO BE FINE.
WAS I WISHFUL THINKING AGAIN I GET KICKED STRAIGHT OFFLINE .
SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERANT SO KATH THOUGHT SHE WOULDN'T BE BET.
ONCE AGAIN I DID WHAT IT TOLD ME THEN IT SAID WILL YOU GO NOW AND GET .
TO LIVE HELP OR RING YOUR INTERNET PROVIDER I SCREAMED AND THOUGHT YES YOU BET!!!.
EACH TIME I RANG WELL GOOD HEAVENS WHEN I GOT THROUGH THEY DIDN'T KNOW.
JUST WHAT WAS WRONG AND WHEN I EXPLAINED OH JUST ONE MINUTE AND SO..
WILL YOU PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS MUSIC I'LL BE BACK AS SOON AS I CAN.
GRRRR I WAS VERY FRUSTRATED SAT THERE LISTENING TO DURAN DURAN..
MYHEAD WAS BANGING THEN ANOTHER MAN BUKTA HE NOW COMES ON THE LINE.
HELLO THIS IS BUKTA I WILL FIX IT AND EVERYTHINGS GOING TO BE FINE.
I AM THE AOL TOP TECHNITIAN YOU ARE SPEAKING HERE TO TODAY
SO I PAUSED FOR A WHILE PUT MY HANDS TOGETHER MOTHERHEN SHE STARTED TO PRAY.
HE THEN DIRECTED ME ON THE PHONE WHERE TO GO ON MY POOTER .
TYPE INTO RUN:-A LOAD OF DOUBLE DUTCH AND I THOUGHT OH THIS IS SUPER.
I WON'T BE LONG NOW BEFORE IT IS FIXED UP ONE TO ONE ON THE PHONE.
WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THE PHONE GOES DEAD AND BUKTA MUST HAVE GONE HOME.
SO I SET UP AGAIN TO REDIAL MY PHONE AND GOT A REPLY FROM ASHID.
HE SAID BUKTA APOLOGISES MADAM KATHLEEN OH YES I BET HE DID.
HE TOLD ME TO UNINSTALL AOL AND ALSO MY MODEM TOO.
RE-INSTALL BOTH THE DISCS AND THIS WILL WORK OUT FOR YOU.
CAN YOU TELL ME WHY I SHOULD DO ALL THIS NECESSARY WORK.
THEN MOTHERHEN STARTED CLUCKING BECAUSE TO ME THEY ARE ALL JERKS.
BEEN TO LIVE HELP A THOUSAND TIMES AND TWO HERE IN A SHORT SPACE.
I AM GLAD I 'M NOT IN A HURRY GOING AT THERE FLIPPING PACE.
I AM TECHNITIAN HE TELLS ME OH! I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED.
I SAID IN A VERY POLITE WAY THANK GOODNESS I HAVE BEEN BLESSED. HE-HE.
NO BUT IT'S NO LAUGHING MATTER AFTER SEVEN DAYS AND INSTRUCTIONS MORE.
OF DIFFERANT REPS AND DIFFERANT SOLUTIONS MY HEAD IT IS PRETTY SORE.
I WILL STOP THESE DISCONECTIONS MADAM AS SOON AS YOU DO AS I SAY.
YOUR CONNECTION HAS BEEEN CHANGED AUTO AND WE HAVE DONE IT WRONG WAY.
WE HAVE PUT YOU ON A ROUTER NOW FOR YOU TO GOONLINE.
YES SORRY YOU NEED MODEM CONNECTION SO ALL IS GOING TO BE FINE.
AOL ARE EXPERIANCING PROBLEMS WITH CONNECTIONS WHERE ARE YOU AT.
I AM IN MY HOME I TOLD HIM MY ADDRESS OF MY LITTLE FLAT.
JUST PLEASE GET ME BACK ONLINE AS BEFORE WHEN I NEED TO CHANGE I WILL.
TO GO TO VISTA AND WANT A ROUTER BUT FOR NOW I WANT AOL9 STILL.
SO CAN YOU HELP ME OR CAR'NT YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE MADE A RIGHT MESS.
OF MY SETTINGS ON MY COMPUTER AND EVEN RESTORE I CARN'T GET .
ME BACK TO NORMAL NOW AND MY MODEM LIGHTS ARE ALL LIT UP FINE.
WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN WITH YOUR CHANGES IT WILL NOT LET ME GO ONLINE.
IF I DO MANAGE IT DISCONNECTS ME EVERY TEN MINUTES OR SO.
TELLING ME TO RING YOU UP AGAIN AND TO LIVE HELP IV'E GOT TO GO.
WELL I HAVE MY PHONEBILL ONLINE HERE ASHID AND THE CHARGES YOU MAKE YOU SEE.
ARE VERY EXPEPENSIVE WHEN ALL THIS TIME YOU ARE NOT HELPING ME.
I AM REALY LOSING MY PACIENCE NOW DON'T YOU REALISE THIS.
EVERYTIME I SIGN IN EACH DAY MY CONNECTION IS ALWAYS A HIT AND A MISS.
WELL NONE OF YOU ASHADS BUKTA'S AND RAHMEDS KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING WITH MY LINE.
SO GOODBYE I'LL GET HELP ELSEWHERE AND PUT YOUR NAMES HERE IN " MY SIMPLE RHYME".
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
I AM SORRY I HAVN'T BEEN COMMENTING AS NORMAL BUT HOPEFULLY WILL BE NOW .WISH ME LUCK!!
I HAVE FINALLY GOT SORTED THIS EVENING AND I AM HOPING THIS IS FOR GOOD AT A GREAT EXPENCE THANKS TO AOL'S MISTAKE.
PHEW I AM WACKED.
22 comments:
Oh Kath, have suffered like you, and I am rather DEAF! It takes away the will to live. Good to be in touch again. My computer DIED...................
Bunny xx
I bet Ashid doesn't even KNOW Bukta! That's the trouble, you never get the same person twice. They shouldn't make these remote changes until they're sure they know what they're doing. So-called computer boffins are always convinced they can't be wrong. Arrogant twerps.
love, A, xx
LOL...I like how you put into rhyme your aol frustration here.
Gem :-)
Kath, trying to deal with AOL techs is so frustrating. They are just reading from a script, & don't really know anything about computers. Only 1 out of 10 might actually know what he's talking about.
Hate to hear you're having such an awful time. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.
Hugs,
Sugar
Oh! Kath, you are very courageous to ring them, I have given up on them....can't understand half of what they say, and you never get the same person.
I've just tried to leave comments in two journals tonight, and got thrown off again in a matter of minutes!
(Hope I manage this one)
I did get your email, and thanks!
Aileen.....X
I have missed you dear ,so pleased you are back now, and no more problems for you I hope,.. good old AOL if anyone can mess it up they can ..love Jan xx
Hear everybody is having connection problems, Kath
trust AOL are now working to clear up all their trips-ups on the connection path ;-)
What a frustrating time of it you've had. I do hope that all is fixed and stays that way for you. I'm glad you are finally back on line. 'On Ya' - ma
HOw frustrating Kath! I know your pain all too well! Looking forward to your posting and comments now that you have it all sorted. There, there, it's all better now. (((hugs)))
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
PS - I am not a prejudiced person but it is not very helpful when you have to decipher a thick accent as well as instructions that are sometimes somewhat vague and hard to follow in the first place!
What an ordeal you went through, Kath. I hope it is all sorted out now and that things are back to normal for you. We all go through this from time to time with our computers, sorry it was your turn this time. Welcome back!
Sam
Sorry to hear of all you troubles hope you are now sorted for good. we have one of those phones you can walk about with you know the thing you probably have one well we were on the phone so long to AOL that the phone went dead and had to be recharged. We still have our old phone connected with a wire and we have to use that now if we have to phone help. Love Joan
PS its me again have you read this entry from Linda in Washington state it will make you laugh especially this week.
http://journals.aol.com/lsfp1960/LindasWorld/entries/2008/01/10/yellow-pink--green/2406
Love Joan.
Kath how frustrating for you ~ I am glad you have got it sorted now and heres hoping you don't have anymore problems ~ Loved your rhyme ~ Ally x
I am so sorry... computer stuff makes me crazy!! I have missed you so much too!!!
be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Mine keeps disconnecting as well, so i know where to come now for help, to motherhen. LOL!
Jenny <><
Wow Kath you have been through a lot. I hope things stay fixed now. I know how frustrating it can be so good luck. Paula
ROFL with you, Kath. First of all, I really get super annoyed when customer service anywhere can barely speak English. Now, Aol is free in the US if you choose it to be. I still pay because once in a while I do need the useless technical help. Well, the other night I couldn't sign on because I got a message saying my credit card denied payment. Well, I had to call to make sure this wasn't a scam. Nope, "Ricky" said my card was denied. Use my cell phone to call the credit card co. I was furious already. I called and my credit card company had cancelled the old one and was using a new no. I had no idea what the expiration date was. They told me to go online and check. Dear God, I couldn't get online. Fools. So, "Ricky" was still on my regular phone. I was pissed off, scuse my French. I told him AOL had nerve for shutting me off since AOL is free in the US anyway. I said just cancel me and make me free. He said I would miss on the excllent tech help. I cracked up. I then told him I though 10.95 was too much a month because I also pay my phone co. He offered 9.99. I said no way. I want 7.95. It ended up 8.95. This kills me. I've heard that everyone pays different amounts. Anyway, hope you get this cleared up because I was on a rampage also. Love xxChris
I'm so relating to your frustrations! I guess it just goes with technology. I just go crazy when I have to call AOL. Yes, they do speak "English" but we don't communicate very well. And over half the time my computer is worse off than when I called. sigh. I sure hope yours is all better now! Take care and have a great weekend. Blessings, Linda
Thankfully I get the free service and have a back-up connection if I need it. Sorry they put you through all this grief hon. Glad it's all sorted out now. (Hugs) Indigo
Love your rhymes ,hope AOL is sorted for you now .......love Jeanx
I lose my signal at the drop of hat since I have satellite....grrrrr....too bad we can't live without our computers!
xxx
Lisa
I have missed so much of your journal Kath!! I am late!! I put your email as new in my emails so I would not miss commenting! I like your funny little journal. :) Oh that has to be upsetting. Will check your other entries. I clicked alerts again so hope it helps. Hugs, Janie
Post a Comment