IT'S NOT GOOD NEWS FROM MOTHERHEN I HAVE TO TELL TODAY.
THE LAST FEW DAYS FOR ME YOU SEE HAVE GONE WITH A BANG I'LL SAY.
I WAS HOPING IT WAS GOING TO BE CHRISTMASTIME WHEN EVERYTHING WENT WITH A BANG.
PULLING CRACKERS ETC BUT ROOSTER JUST NOWS A VERY SICK MAN.
YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED LAST FRIDAY EVENING WHEN HE WAS MAKING THE TEA.
THE FRIDGE IT SMELLED AWFUL AND ALL WAS NOT RIGHT IT HAD GONE WITH A BANG YOU SEE .
I KNOW I SHOULDN'T BE LAUGHING HE-HE
BUT I THOUGHT OH GOOD I'LL GET NEW .
BUT ROOSTER WAS IN A DIFFERANT MOOD AND HIS FEATHERS FINALLY FLEW
.
WHAT WITH LIGHT BULBS AND NOW APPLIANCES WHY DON'T THEY MAKE THINGS TO LAST.
I REPLIED CALM DOWN NOW ROOSTER YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FLIPPING FAST. HE-HE
WELL THEN CAME SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND I PUT IN SOME STEWING STEAK FOR TEA.
WHEN I LOOKED AT IT HALF AN HOUR LATER THE OVEN HAD GONE DEAD
HE-HE .
THE THERMOSTAT WOULDN'T LIGHT UP AND SO I GOT JOHN MY NEIGHBOUR DOWNSTAIRS.
HE'S A SEMI RETIRED ELECTRICIAN SO I THOUGHT HE MIGHT HAVE SOME SPARES.
WELL HE TESTED IT ALL AND THE ELEMENTS HAD GONE GOOD GRIEF I SAID LOOK AT THAT..
THE FRIDGE WENT FRIDAY TOO JOHN ROOSTERS FEATHERS WILL DOUBLE FLAP..
WHEN HE COMES HOME FROM SHOPPING TO THIS NEWS THE OVEN HAS NOW GONE.
BUT IF HE STARTS CROWING LOUD AGAIN I WILL TELL HIM TO WALK OFF THE PROM. HE-HE.
WELL ROOSTER CAME HOME SO I TOLD HIM THE NEWS HE SAID OH! GIVE ME A BREAK..
I'VE BEEN STARVING ALL DAY AND I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT STEWING STEAK.
SO HE GOT JOHN TO DISCONNECT THE OVEN AND WE TOOK IT TO THE SPARE ROOM.
I WENT TO TOWN YESTERDAY TO CHOOSE NEW ONES DELIVERY IS THURSDAY AT NOON.
SO NEW FRIDGE NEW COOKER ARE SORTED EXPENSE WE COULD DO WITHOUT.
WE'LL BE HAVING JAM AND BREAD NOW THIS CHRISTMAS
INSTEAD OF RAINBOW TROUT.. HE-HE
WELL THEN LAST NIGHT I HEARD SHOUTING AND WHEN I LISTENED AGAIN .
IT WAS ROOSTER CROWING HIS HEAD OFF SHOUTING OH! THIS IS A PAIN.
LOOK HERE HE IS YELLING OUT LOUDLY AS I WALKED THROUGH THE KITCHEN DOOR.
A GREAT BIG PUDDLE OF WATER TRICKLING ALL OVER THE FLOOR
HE-HE..
THE FREEZER HAD GONE WITH A BANG AS WELL I KNOW IT SOUNDS HARD TO BELIEVE.
BUT IT'S TRUE FRIENDS IT'S SOUNDS UNBELIEVABLE SO I SAT THERE CRYING AND PEAVED.
I MOPPED IT ALL UP
BUT THE GOODS WERE STILL SOLID SO JOHN CALLED UP AGAIN.
HE LOOKED AT US BOTH AND SAID I'M NOT SUPRIZED YOU BOTH ARE GOING INSANE. HE-HE
I GATHERED THE GOODS AND PUT THEM IN MY SECOND FREEZER QUITE QUICK.
BUT I STILL NEED ANOTHER TO STORE EVERYTHING SO I HAD TO GO OUT TO PICK.
ANOTHER NEW FREEZER THIS MORNING FOR MYGATEAUX AND ICE CREAM AND STUFF.
AND ROOSTER HAS GONE TO WORK TODAY WITH THE LIP DOWN AND THE HUFF. HE-HE
SO JOHN SAID WELL ALL THREE APPLIANCES WE ONCE HAD A YEAR LIKE THIS.
MY WIFE SHE WAS TERRIBLE ALL CHRISTMAS NOT EVEN A CHRISTMAS KISS
. HE-HE.
SO AT 10AM THIS MORNING FREEZER ORDERED I HOPE THATS THE LOT..
OR I'LL BE CLUCKING AND ROOSTERS A GONNA COS HE'LL END UP IN THE POT.
FOR MY CHRISTMAS DINNER AS I CARN'T BUY NEW ALL THESE AND TURKEYS AS WELL.
AND THE DELIVERY BETTER BE ON TIME TOO AS JUST LIKE AOHELL .
THEM HELPLINES THEY GIVE YOU IF THINGS DON'T ARRIVE YOU CAN GUARANTEE THERE WILL BE.
A MURDER IN TOWN THIS CHRISTMAS EVE IF THEY DON'T KEEP THERE PROMISE TO ME. HE-HE
SO NOW YOU HAVE IT MY J/LAND FRIENDS WHAT LUCK I'LL GET NEXT I DON'T KNOW.
AT THE MOMENT I CARN'T HEAR NO CAROLS PLAYING FOR THE ROOSTER DOING NOWT BUT CROW.
NOT TO WORRY I STILL HAVE MY KETTLE FOR NOW AND A CUPPA
THAT TASTES REAL FINE.
AND I'M LETTING HIM CROW COS MY POOTERS STILL LIVING
AND I CAN STILL WRITE
"SIMPLE RHYME" HE-HE
" DON'T MENTION FLAT APPLIANCES TO ME MOTHERHEN I'M FLAT "
" FLAT BROKE"
HE-HE HE !!!
LOL!!!
24 comments:
Sure sounds to me like "someone" is trying to "help" you get out of the cooking business. LOL Seriously, I can't imagine having that kind of expense thrown at you here at Christmas time. JUST KEEP SMILING!
All 3 in a row is a bit much to take for sure. It seems we are dependant on them and can't get along without any of them. I think you should at least tie a big bow on them as they are coming just before Christmas ! Hope Rooster calms down !
'On Ya' - ma
Oh my goodness. How can this happen so close to the holidays. That's just not right. I'm so sorry kath. :( I don't blame rooster for doing all that crowing. I would do the same thing. 3 new applicances in one week. Wow, your going to feel like you have a brand new kitchen ;) That's the way I would look at it. oxoxoxoxxoxo Big hugs...Dina
Poor Kath! I'm thinking of all the humping and upheaval. Nothing you can blame on the electricity board, I suppose?
Bunny xx
Oh Lord, Kath! You are living my worst nightmare...lol. I don't mean to laugh but why do these things happen all at once and at Christmas. I swear appliances and cars are made so crappy nowadays. My mother had her appliances for over 30 years. Sheesh, I'll be sharing the jam and bread with you and Rooster. My tire just went flat on my car after work last night. I literally sat down and cried at the bus stop. I'm laughing now but I was crowing like your Rooster. Now, let's hope this is the end of it. Love xx Chris
Oh Kath! 3 all in a row? WOW! Hard to belive. So sorry to hear this. {{{{{}}}}}} Big hugs for you & Rooster too.
Glad you were able to order new ones! :)
Lots of huggies & some love,
Sugar
Oh poor Kath, we had the same thing 4 years ago a week before we were meant to go on holiday and 2 cookers have packed up on me this year, luckily it was only the element and a new one only cost £20 and took Dave 20 mins to fit. Otherwise I would be cooking Christmas dinner back out on the famous BBQ, lol. Hope nothing else goes haywire.
Debbie
xxxx
LOL Laughing here! Oh my goodness! My frige is leaking water inside and I mop it up every couple of days! :( Need to call a repair man or I will be without! I think you need some more prayers. I am sorry you had to go through that. Seems like when it rains, it pours! Wishing you a wonderful week with A LOT of blessings. God Bless, Janie
They say things go caput in 3's.............we had similar back in the summer!
Oh Kath what bad Luck ~ but looking at it another way what good Luck for you three lovely new appliances :o) ~ Loved your Rhyme as always ~ Ally x
What bad luck it's a pity there was not an offer on buy two get one free. So sorry Kath, will keep everything crossed for the rest of your electricas appliances.
Oh what a nightmare Kath, They say it happens in threes but OMG, not in such quick succession and not right on Christmas, let`s hope you win the lottery jackpot this week so you can go away for a good holiday AND pay for those appliances. The tea towel says it all!
Love Sandra xxxx
Oh no!!!! All at once!!! Wow! Hang in there... it will get better!!!
be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Oh! What next, but at least you have your 'Pooter'
Hope you like the New appliances, just in time for Christmas.
Aileen....X
What rotten luck just before the holidays! At least you will have all new appliances, hopefully they last a few years. Loved the joke at the end Kath! Wishing you love, peace and all the joy you so richly deserve this holiday, and may I add no more broken anything (winks). (Hugs) Indigo
This month has really been unlucky for some people. At least you can have some humor about it...even if Rooster isn't laughing. :/
xx
Russ
Oh dear Kath! What a run of bad luck! I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me! I doubt we'd be able to afford anything new, let alone all three! Never mind though you'll be cooking your turkey in a brand new oven this year. I bet the new one's quite nice. We bought ourselves a new stove about 5 years ago now. We were very lucky as the big Curry's in Chester retail park was moving locations and we got a lovely floor model with a Halogen top for just a little over £100. It had a scratch on it, which we covered up with some enamel paint we had and it looked as good as new! I am still using it and it works a charm, and no nasty burners to clean in and around either!
Hope this is your run of bad luck done now for the rest of the holidays!
love,
Marie
Oh no! I hope you have a fully-functional kitchen soon. In the meantime, DON'T read the Pumpkin Pie Bars recipe I posted. If you lived out my way, I'd have you and the Rooster over for supper.
(At least you still can make tea! If I couldn't have my tea, I'd go crazy)
--Cin
WELL DONE, KATH.
HOPEFULLY YOU WILL HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS ASIDE FROM THESE DISTRACTIONS. sam
Well I certainly hope you and Rooster have a better year in 2008. Paula
Well first I have to say I love your tee towel, it is so cute. It is not a laughing matter that you have had to replace everything but the way you write your rhymes I cannot help but get a chuckle. I'm sorry everything has decided to go at the same time, seems that is always the way. We just went through that with the water heater, softener and then the well. One after another so it goes. Thank you for the warm & kind comment you left me yesterday & the email. You are a sweetie!! I hope nothing else decides to break!
Lisa
Oh dear Kath, what a time for that to happen. I had a summer like this a couple of years ago. Toaster, TV, dish washer, washer, hoover, even the stupid light in the bathroom went. It was unbelievable.
Hope everything gets sorted out.
Take care
Carolxx
It's like all the light bulbs going at once, only multiplied a hundred times! Hope you're sorted by now Kath (Saturday) but if not you can bring your turkey round ours and welcome,
love, Angie, xx
I'm so that everythings gone out at once!
Terrie
Post a Comment