CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHY ALL THE LIGHTBULBS SEEM TO POP.
AT NIGHT WHEN ALL THE SHOPS ARE CLOSED AND YOU ARE OUT OF STOCK.
I WENT INTO THE KITCHEN AFTER DARK AND I SWITCHED ON.
GOOD GRIEF THE LIGHTBULB POPS AND THAT ONE NOW HAS GONE.
I'D JUST BEEN IN THE BEDROOM WHERE THAT LIGHT POPPED ON ME.
I'M TRYING TO FIND A REPLACEMENT NOW IN THE KITCHEN AND I CARN'T SEE.
I FUMBLE ABOUT IN THE DARKNESS SEARCHING FOR ONE AND VENT..
THE DRAWER IS EMPTY LOW AND BEHOLD ALL THE BULBS ARE SPENT.
I THEN GO TO THE BATHROOM TO SOAK IN ALL MY SUDS.
ON ENTERING POP THE LIGHTBULB GOES NOW I HAVE THREE DUDS.
I'M SPLASHING IN THE BATHTUB ALL IS DARK NOT BRIGHT.
IT'S A RIGHT JOB TRYING TO HAVE A BATH WHEN THERE IS NO LIGHT.
THE SOAP I CANNOT FIND IT AND MY FACECLOTHS MISSING TOO.
I DON'T KNOW HOW I'LL GO ON WHEN I WANT TO USE THE LOO.
I DON'T KNOW IF I'M SCRUBBING MY LEFT LEG FROM MY RIGHT.
I HOPE I DON'T LEAVE MUCK RAWKS COS IT'S DARK IN HERE TONIGHT. HE-HE..
I GO BACK IN THE KITCHEN TO MAKE MY NICE HOT CUP.
OF HORLICKS FOR MY BEDTIME AND THE FRIDGE IT ISN'T LIT UP.
THE FRIDGE BULB NOW HAS POPPED ON ME THIS GETS BEYOND A JOKE.
I'VE NOT ENJOYED MY BATH TONIGHT IN MY BUBBLES I LOVE TO SOAK.
I FEEL MY WAY TO THE LOUNGE AND SAY TO PARTNER THINGS ARE BLEAK.
YOU WILL HAVE TO DO SOME OVERTIME EVERY NIGHT NEXT WEEK.
HE ANSWERS WHY I SAY TO HIM WE NEED ANOTHER WAGE.
JUST TO RENEW THE LIGHTBULBS AND I'M REALY IN A RAGE.
I ASK HIM WHY HE'S SAT IN THE DARK HE ANSWERS WELL YOU SEE.
THE BULB IN THE LAMP WENT OUT EARLIER AND HE'D FORGOTTON TO TELL ME.
I'M OK WITH THE LIGHT FROM THE WINDOW WITH THAT BIG FULL MOON.
ISN'T THERE ANY IN THAT BIG WHITE BOX DOWN IN THE SPARE ROOM .
SO I FUMBLE DOWN THERE AND LOW AND BEHOLD THAT ONE FLIPPING POPS.
JUST AS I'M ROUTING ROUND TO FIND THE FLIPPING BIG WHITE BOX.
THE QUOTE OF VICTOR MILDREW WHEN HE WAS A GREAT BIG HIT.
RAN THROUGH MY MIND WHAT HE USED TO SAY "I DONT BLOODY BE- LIEVE IT! HE-HE.
PARTNER SAYS I'LL SECURE THE CAR BEFORE I GO TO BED.
GUESS WHAT HE'S JUST COME BACK AND HE HAS BANGED HIS FLIPPING HEAD.
THE SECURITY LIGHTS GONE OUT DOWN THERE IT SHINES FOR US ON THE BIN.
AND HE COULDN'T SEE TO PLACE THE DUDS INSIDE WHEN HE PUT THEM IN.
HE LIFTED THE LID WHICH HE THOUGHT WAS ENOUGH BUT NO IT WAS ONLY HALF WAY.
AND IT DROPPED BACK DOWN ON HIS HEAD GOOD GRIEF WHAT A FLIPPING DAY.
I SAID WELL NEVER MIND DEAR FOR MORNING I WILL MAKE.
A CANDLE ON A SAUCER FOR YOU WILL SEE IF THAT YOU TAKE..
NO FEAR HE SAID I'LL BE OK! I'M NOT CARRYING ONE OF THEM.
I'LL MANAGE THANKYOU I'M NOT LIKE YOU THEY DON'T CALL ME " OLD MOTHEREHEN".
WELL FANCY THAT !!! WHAT DO YOU THINK ? HASN'T HE GOT A CHEEK.
SO I WAITED UNTIL HE WENT IN THE BATH AND UP ON HIM I SNEAKED.
IN THE DARK I POURED COLD WATER OVER HIM WITH A BIG CHEESY GRIN.
HE JUMPED UP LIKE A CAT ON HOT BRICKS I JUST WISH YOU COULD HAVE SEEN HIM.
HE SAID WHO IS THAT WHO'S MESSING AROUND THAT WAS FLIPPING COLD.
WELL IT'S NOT "OLD MOTHERHEN " IT'S ME " LAUGHING KATH " AND I'M NOT OLD.
I THINK HE'LL TAKE A CANDLE NEXT TIME WHEN THERES NO ELECTRICITY.
AND HE WON'T BE "RODG THE ROOSTER"BUT "OLD WEE WILLIE WINKY"
HE-HE.
WELL TODAY I GOT AN ELECTRICIAN OUT TO CHECK UP JUST TO SEE.
IF ALL THE ELECTRICS WERE OK! HE PASSED THEM AND HE ASSURED ME.
EVERYTHINGS FINE HE SAID TO ME IT'S YOUR LIGHTBULBS THAT MUST BE WEAK.
SO TOMORROW IT'S A TRIP TO TOWN MY FRIENDS FOR LIGHTBULBS I HAVE TO SEEK.
I'VE MADE MY NOTE OF WHAT I'M GOING FOR I NEED TO GET THEM ALL.
TULIP BULBS AND RED FIRE BULBS AND PINK ONES FOR THE HALL.
HALLOGEN FOR THE BATHROOM AND GOLF BALL ONES THAT ARE SMALL.
A STRIP LIGHT FOR THE KITCHEN AND SOME FOR THE FRIDGE ANALL..
WITH ALL THE WATTAGES ON IT THEY WILL THINK THAT IV'E GONE MAD.
WHEN I ASK THEM FOR A DOZEN OF EACH I'LL NEED A FLIPPING BIG BAG.
OH AND I NEED SOME CLEANING FOAM AS WELL TO SCRUB THE MUCK OFF THE BATH.
WHAT I MAY HAVE MISSED IN THE DARK WHEN I BATHED COS I'M AS BLIND AS A BAT..
IF I TRIP COMING HOME AND THE LIGHTBULBS POP IT WILL SOUND LIKE A FLIPPING WAR ZONE.
WITH ME LAID OUT THERE SPARKO IN THE GUTTER COVERED IN GLASS AND FOAM.
HE-HE.
I AM SURE TODAY THE LIGHTBULBS DON'T SEEM TO HAVE A LONG LIFE.
NOT LIKE THEY USED TO WHEN I FIRST WED AND I BECAME A WIFE.
AND I DO NOT LIKE THOSE ENERGY SAVERS THEY STICK OUT ABOVE YOUR SHADE .
IF YOU PUT THEM IN YOUR LAMPS HAVE YOU NOTICED SMALLER THEY SHOULD BE MADE.
DO YOUR LIGHBULBS MY J/LAND FRIENDS ALL POP AT THE SAME TIME.
LET ME KNOW IN YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE IF YOU WILL HERE IN "MY SIMPLE RHYME"
SHINE A LIGHT
I'LL BE GLAD WHEN I AM LIT UP AGAIN 
22 comments:
'This little guiding light of mine i'm gonna let it shine'. Did you used to sing that at Girl Guides?? Your right they don't last like they used to and they do go at the same time. I think they gang up on us. LOL!
Jenny <><
We have been usuing thes special eco friendly bulbs for about five or six years now and we have never had to replace one since we started we now have then all over the house and they save on power too. LOve Joan.
Another fabulous rhyme!! I was laughing though as it was pretty funny. I've never had all my bulbs go at one time. Did you replace all of these at the same time before? Ours go out one by one and you are right, I never have any on hand. Shine bright!!!
Lisa
LOL! Too True. grrr Things aren't made like they used to be.
Hugs,
Sugar
Yes when one goes they all do ,and no they dont last do they ?I loved this entry as usual ,you never fail to amuse me ,and I caught your hidden joke you mischievous little lady you hee heee briliant as I hope your new bulbs are lol ...love Jan xx
Good story...very funny. I hope you can find lightbulbs on sale! --Cin
So true Kath; they never go singly. I read that they're phasing out `proper' bulbs, and before long we'll only be able to buy the low-energy ones - OK if your lampshades don't fit straight onto the bulb!
You've reminded me to stock up on candles: thanks ;o)
Bunny xx
I love burning candles. So I'm never lacking with that kind of light. I have to admit I never thought about it, but they do all seem to go at the same time. It seems light bulbs don't last as long as they used to either. (Hugs) Indigo
Oh yes they do for sure and you just reminded me I have to change the one outside before it does get dark. 'On Ya' - ma
Okay, shining my light for you. lol And yes they do all seem to go out at once. What is up with that? my husband, the electrician, insists on those energy savers though and they last a long long time. : ) love you, good luck, Shelly
Oh how your rhymes make me laugh...
thanks for sharing...
be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Oh Kath, what a funny story. I could just imagine your hubby's face when you poured that cold water over him. Yikes. hahahaha I can't believe they all went out on your at once. That's insane. I never had that happen to me before. I would have been so freaked out. Glad your ok though. xoxoxoxoxo Dina Oh by the way, thank you for all your prayers and well wishes in my journal. I'm sorry I havent been over here in a while. mmmmmmuuuuuuuuahhhhhh!!!
Mine seem to all go out at the same time too!!! I bought the more expensive ones and they didn't seem to last much longer. Your rhyme is sooo cute and funny! Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Janie
That's never happened to me. Hmmmm. Maybe you have some ghosts lingering from Halloween??? ;)
Russ
Great minds must think alike Kath! Yesterday I had no less than three bulbs go out here in my kitchen. We have pot lighting in the ceiling down here, no less than 7 bulbs, and those expensive flood type of bulbs. Three at once! It's very annoying! Bulbs don't seem to last any time at all anymore. I think the bulb companies do it on purpose so that we have to buy more!
Have a great weekend!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
PS> A bath by candlelight can be very relaxing! (romanitic too, if it's a deux! tee hee)
Comment from daw847
Oh Kath, what a funny story. I could just imagine your hubby's face when you poured that cold water over him. Yikes. hahahaha
Lol only you could make lightbulbs funny Kath. And yes my house has a huge appetite for lightbulbs too lol.
Debbie
xxx
Lovely Rhyme Kath ~ I too wonder why light bulbs all seem to pop at the same time ~ we had to buy some the other day as some of ours had gone out :o( ~ both lights in the kitchen and two in the bedroom ~ Ally
Hi Kath... This is a lovely entry, it made me laugh. My lightbulbs always seem to blow at the same time too, so now i make sure i've always got a lot in stock just incase...Kath, i hav'nt been online much at all. I tried to get online a couple of times this week, but i was unable too or into my emails either, so i closed down again, but i managed to today and found that sky have changed the sign-on page and email page which is much better i might add and i also noticed your email which i will reply too later. I do hope your keeping well and i will write soon...Best wishes and take care...
Astra!
ASTRA1547@sky.com
They pop all the time, with the power surges we get up here...
Thanks for calling round at Northern Trip
Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip
Well you are in a mess, aren't you? No ours doesn't all go out at the same time and we just bought a few of those that are suppose to last a long time to see if they work. I even wrote on the calendar when we put them in. A few nights ago I took a bubble bath by candle light. Never had before and I fell asleep. Think I'll do that again. Paula
It's the way with light bulbs: one out, all out!! Mr. Edison should have given itmore thought.
love,Angie,xx
Post a Comment