THEY CAME AGAIN IN ALL SHAPES AND COLOURS TO OUR TOWN THIS FRIDAY NIGHT.
HORNS WERE HONKING EXHAUSTS WERE BLOWING WASN'T IT JUST A SIGHT.
HUNDREDS OF THEM THREE A BREAST WITH HEADLAMPS SHINING BRIGHT.
AT FIRST I WONDERED WHAT IT WAS THE SOUND GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT.
THE SIGHT WAS UNBELIEVABLE AS I LOOKED OUT IN THE DARK.
ALL RIDING ROUND AND TRYING TO FIND A PLACE WHERE THEY COULD PARK.
LANDLADIES SAYING I'M SORRY GUYS THERES NO ROOM AT THE INN TONIGHT .
SO OFF THEY RODE TO ANOTHER AVENUE LOOKING FOR LODGINGS THERE PLIGHT..
THE ANNUAL SCOOTER GATHERING WAS HERE IN OUR TOWN ONCE AGAIN.
THE NOISE THEY MAKE WHEN THERE ALL TOGETHER I MUST SAY IS SOMETIMES A PAIN.
BUT I MUST ADMIT I LOVE TO SEE THEM AND ALL FOR A VERY GOOD CAUSE.
YES CHARITY SO GIVE THEM CREDIT AND ALSO LETS APPLAUSE.
WELL OUT CAME MY BATTERY CHARGER LAST NIGHT SO I WAS PREPARED.
TO SET OFF SATURDAY MORNING TO TAKE THESE PICTURES I'VE SHARED.
THERE WERE BLUE ONES RED ONES YELLOW ONES ALL LINED UP DOWN THE PROM.
GREEN ONES BROWN ONES ORANGE AND BLACK AND SOME WITH ANIMALS ON.
SOME CUSTOMISED IN FANCY PATTERNS I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A SIGHT.
AND IN THE EVENING THEY REALY GLOW UNDER THE MOON AND LAMPLIGHT.
NOT A PARKING PLACE LEFT ON THE AVENUES SCOOTERS WERE EVERYWHERE.
IN THE CAR PARKS THE PROMENADE AND ESPELANDE SCOOTERS GALORE OUT THERE.
I HEARD ALL THE HOTELS WERE BOOKED UP AND GUEST HOUSES TOO ALL FULL.
IT WAS JUST A SHAME WE DIDN'T GET SUNSHINE THE DAY WAS DAMP AND DULL.
THESE GUYS AND GALS ARE NO TROUBLE AND THEY BRING CUSTOM TO OUR TOWN.
SO I AM NOT BOTHERED THEY COME HERE LIKE SOME WHO MOAN AND FROWN.
I SNAPPED AWAY TO MY HEARTS CONTENT AND THEY WERE DELIGHTED THAT I.
HAD MENTIONED IF THEY WERE ON THE INTERNET ONE DAY THEY MIGHT JUST SPY.
THE PICTURES OF THERE SCOOTERS IN MY BLOG AND THEY DIDN'T VENT.
SO I CONTINUED SNAPPING AND CHATTING WHAT A LOVELY AFTERNOON I'VE SPENT.
THE QUEUE FOR THE LEISURE CENTRE WAS MILES LONG AS THATS WHERE THEY ALL GO.
TO THE EXHIBITION FOR ALL THERE WARES AND IV'E HEARD IT'S A BRILLIANT SHOW.
TONIGHT THERES A DANCE FOR ALL OF THEM TO HAVE THEMSELVES A GOOD TIME.
NO PROBLEMS NO FIGHTING NO TROUBLE EVERYTHING ALWAYS GOES FINE.
I HOPE YOU LIKE THE PICTURES IV'E TAKEN WHICH I'VE PLACED FOR YOU UP ABOVE.
BUT THIS ONE BELOW IS SPECIAL IT'S MY FAVOURITE ONE I JUST LOVE.
THE GREEN DRAGON WITH THE CURLY TAIL HE VISITS US EVERYTIME. HE-HE
I REALY ENJOY THE SCOOTER WEEKEND SHOWN HERE IN "MY SIMPLE RHYME"
18 comments:
Although we have always been motorbike fans hubby loved the scooter photos. I had to track down the rally so he could see where it was. He always likes to know these things, LOL!!
Jenny <><
What great pictures Kath ,my son in law (Kates husband ) belongs to a scooter club ,and his uncle and Aunty both have these amazing bikes ,they remind me of out teens when we would hitch a lift on a Lambretta or a Vetpa ,from the young fellows who liked us on the pilloin ,a pretty young girl was a trophy lol ...love Jan xx
Great pics, TY for sharing.
We have several cycle groups here in the US that get together & ride for charity a couple times a yr. Very nice, wish more people, groups, & orgs would do more for charity.
Hugs,
Sugar
That looks like fun Kath. Didn't you hitch a ride on one? Paula
Those scooters bring back memories of my days as a mod Kath, I loved to ride pillion on a Vespa. If I were to try it now I`d probably fall straight off...lol! Great photos. :o)
Love Sandra xxxx
Thanks for sharing them with us. We had a pale blue Lambretta in the fifties, and thought it was great because it had a back box!!! We used to go for rides every Sunday, Quite a sight 20-25 scooters en mass, of course the roads were not so busy then. Love Pat x
Tick or treat! Stop by my place!
~Happy Halloween!~
Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/entries/2007/10/27/trick-or-treat-thru-j-land/2835
I guess you did have quite a day. I've never seen so many scooters all at one time and such a variety. Our motorcyclist do things like that for charity, but I've not seen but one or two scooters around here. What a fun time. 'On Ya' - ma
Looks like a lot of fun. And I love that dragon scooter! --Cin
I look at those scooter things and think "head injury" and "brain damage". I would never ever ride one above a puttering speed!
xxx
Russ
How wonderful Kath! Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I think my favourite scooter was the polka dot one, but then again I am partial to polka dots! When we were up in Cumbria two summers ago, there was a motorcycle rally in one of the small towns we were visiting in Yorkshire, quite near to Wensleydale I think. Such alot of noise and bodies about, but also a wonderful air of excitment!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
Lovely pics..i really enjoyed looking at all the cool designs...
thanks!
Lyn
Some people are so inventive with their designs great pictures we had a Harley Davidson rally in Perth for their 100th birthday a few years back and that we great so I know how much you would have enjoyed it. Love Joan.
Great event Kath and wonderful pictures. It brings the town alive, and what wonder schooters I have never seen so many. Its such a thrill to be part of it too. Thank for sharing it with us. Katie.
Reminds me of the Mods of yore, but so much more peaceful. I now know where you live, Kath; lovely coastline.
Bunny xx
Cool.
Debbie
xxx
Wow!!!! So cool!!!! Thanks for sharing! Your town rocks!!! lol
be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
This looks like a blast!!! I bet it was fun to see all the various scooters. Thanks for the pictures...are you going to have one for next year??? You could decorate it as "Mother Hen"...yes!
Lisa
Post a Comment