Thursday, 12 July 2007

"MY LITTLE PLOT"

 
   
(THANX TO CHRIS OF CABS CREATIONS FOR THIS LOVELY WINDOW BOX GRAPHIC)
 
 
IT WAS  EARLY MORNING ONCE AGAIN AND I WAS WIDE AWAKE.
 
SO I GOT DRESSED  AND DOWN THE STEPS I WENT OUTSIDE TO TAKE.
 
SOME PICTURES OF " MY LITTLE PLOT " I PROMISED YOU I WOULD DO.
 
TRYING MY HAND AT PHOTOGRAPHY AGAIN  TO TAKE SOME MORE SNAPS FOR YOU (HE-HE)
 
I'M REALY GETTING USED TO THIS I WILL GET THERE SOON I'M SURE.
 
AS EACH PICTURE I AM TAKING SEEMS BETTER THAN BEFORE.
 
HERES A TINY  EUONYMUS SHRUB WHICH IV'E STARED OFF NICE AND SMALL.
 
WHEN IT GETS MUCH BIGGER I'M GOING TO REPOT IT AS I WANT IT PRETTY TALL.
 
 
I STUCK LITTLE ELMA FUDD INSIDE AS  HE'S CUTE AND FUNNY TOO.
 
BUT I DON'T THINK HE'LL FIND BUGS BUNNY AROUND MY FLAT AT ALL  DO YOU.
 
I AM GOING TO POT THEM ON YOU SEE INTO A BIG LARGE TUB WITH MORE.
 
EVERGREENS AND CONIFERS THE DWARF I'LL BE LOOKING FOR..
 
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE EVERGREENS AS THEY CATCH YOUR EYE ALL YEAR.
 
AUTUMN WINTER SUMMER AND SPRING THERE GREENERY ALWAYS APPEARS.
 
IV'E TAKEN  INTO CONDSIDERATION MY HEALTH AND AGE AS WELL.
 
SO POTS AND WINDOW BOXES WILL DO ME AND I THINK THEY'LL LOOK JUST AS SWELL.
 
NO MORE DIGGING OR WEEDING JUST THE ODD SPRAY HERE AND THERE .
 
THEN SAT IN THE SUN WHEN WE GET SOME I CAN JUST REALAX AND STARE.
 
HERES A WINDOW BOX I STARTED FIRST EARLY BACK IN JUNE .
 
I'M AFRAID WITH ALL THE RAIN WEV'E HAD THOUGH THEY ARE BLOOMING TOO SOON.
 
I LIKE MY FLOWERS TO LAST ME ALL YEAR WELL THAT IS WHAT I TRY TO PLAN.
 
SO I DON'T USUALY POT UP THINGS LIKE THIS UNTIL EARLY JULY IF I CAN.
 
THE REDS ARE DOUBLE BEGONIAS AND I CROPPED THIS PIC FOR YOU.
 
TO SHOW YOU HOW BIG THE HEADS ARE FLOPPING OVER THE LOBELIA BLUE.
 
IN THE PAST TIMES THEYV'E BEEN  LARGE AS SAUCERS AS YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE.
 
THESE ARE  BLOOD RED  WITH BLUE LOBELIA THAT WILL SOON BE TRAILING  FREE.
 
 
 
 
 
THEN I HAD A SMALL BASKET WHICH SOMEONE BOUGHT ME WITH FLOWERS IN THERE.
 
SO WHEN THE FLOWERS DIED OFF I PLANTED IT WITH A GERANIUM AND HUNG IT MID AIR .
 
I BOUGHT A LITTLE NOVELTY BEE AND STUCK HIM IN THE TOP. HA!
 
HE BOUNCES AROUND WHEN THE WIND BLOWS I HOPE HE DON'T BOUNCE OUT THE POT HA!
 
 
I BOUGHT  QUITE A NICE LARGE TUB THEN AND PLANTED PELARGONIUM PURPLE AND WHITE.
 
ADDED A FEW OF EVERTHING ELSE SO THAT SHOULD BE NICE AND BRIGHT.
 
BELOW IS A POT OF LIZZIES COLOURS IN ABUNDANCE YOU CAN GET.
 
AS LONG AS I KEEP NIPPING THE HEADS OFF IN NOVEMEBER THEY'LL BE STILL FLOWERING I BET.
 
 
THEN CAME AN HALF MOON BASKET WHICH I HAD FROM MY LAST HOME I FOUND.
 
SO I FILLED THIS WITH DOUBLE BUSY LIZZIES AND IVY TO HANG TO THE GROUND.
 
 
PEOPLE PASS BY AND HAVE COMMENTED HOW LOVELY THEY LOOK MY POTS..
 
MUCH MORE BRIGHTER  AND GAY THEY SAY THAN BEFORE I TOOK OVER THIS PLOT.
 
DO YOU REMEBER ME SAYING I WAS GIVEN THE CHANCE TO DO THIS.
 
WELL IT DOESN'T TAKE UP MUCH OF MY TIME AND IT'S HELPED SINCE MY GARDEN I MISS.
 
I PEBBLED THE FLOOR SO NO DIGGING AND DRILLED A  BORDER OF WOOD AROUND.
 
TO STOP THEM FROM SCATTERING EVERYWHERE  AND THEY LOOK TIDY ON THE GROUND.
 
 
 
 
I'VE WASHED  MY MR HEDGEHOG AND HE'S GOING TO  TAKE PRIDE OF PLACE. 
 
HE'S LOOKING SO PROUD AS HE STANDS THERE NOW  WITH HIS CURIOUS POINTED FACE.
 
HE CAME ALL THE WAY FROM SPAIN TO ME WHEN MY GRANDSON BROUGHT HIM ORE.
 
IN HIS SUITCASE FOR MY BIRTHDAY HE WAS WRAPPED UP IN TOWELS GALORE. HA!!
 
WELL AT LEAST HE LANDED SAFELY AND HE WASN'T BROKEN AT ALL.
 
AND WHEN I SAW THE SIZE OF HIM I WAS EXPECTING A HEDGEHOG SMALL.
 
HERE HE IS WHEN I'D WASHED HIM ALL READY TO TAKE HIM DOWN.
 
TO PLACE OUTSIDE IN BETWEEN THE POTS AND CEMENT HIM TO THE GROUND.
 
 
 
ALL THE VISITORS WHO PASS DO TELL ME NOT A HEDGEHOG LIKE THIS HAVE THEY SEEN.
 
ANYWHERE IN THE GARDEN CENTRES OR ANY GARDENS THEY'VE  BEEN.
 
SO I TELL THEM NO THEY PROBABLY WON'T AS HE FLEW  OVER IN A PLANE.
 
ALL THE WAY FROM GIBRALTA SO I DON'T THINK THEY'LL SEE ONE THE SAME.
 
CAN YOU SEE THE GARDEN FORK AND HE ALSO HAS SOMETHING ELSE.
 
YES SOME STRAWBERRYS THEREON THE FLOOR AT HIS FEET SOMETHING I LOVE MYSELF.
 
ANYWAY FRIENDS THEN ANOTHER TWO BASKETS I MADE TO HANG FROM  THE WALL.
 
I PLACED THEM EACH SIDE OF OUR ENTRANCE AND MIXED THEM WITH FLOWERS LARGE AND SMALL .
 
 
 
SO I'M HAPPY WITH WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR IN MY LITTLE PLOT TO BLOOM.
 
I JUST WISH  NOW  WE ARE INTO  JULY THE SUN WOULD HURRY UP SOON.
 
I AM SURE THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN PRETTIER BUT THEY HAVE HAD TO TAKE SOME STICK.
 
WITH ALL THE RAIN AND FLOODS WE HAVE HAD IT MAKES THEM GROW FAR TOO QUICK.
 
I BOUGHT YESTERDAY A WELCOME SIGN  IN THE SALE AND I THINK IT LOOKS  NICE .
 
A KNOME WHO'S SWINGING ON A TREE SO FOR FOR FIFTY PENCE I DIDN'T THINK TWICE . HA!!
 
 
 
I'VE PLACED HIM ON THE DOOR AT THE BOTTOM JUST SO I CAN LET.
 
FOLKS ALL KNOW THEY ARE WELCOME WELL HOW FRIENDLIER CAN  YOU GET.
 
SO WITH HOUSE WORK AND J/LAND AND " MY LITTLE PLOT " I COULD DO WITH EIGHT HANDS SOMETIMES.
 
LIKE OSCAR MY SIGGY  HERE BELOW DEBB MADE ME FOR  " MY SIMPLE RHYME"
                                                HE-HE-HE.
 
                          THANX TO DEBBIE OF DeB'S DaBS
 
         FOR MY LITTLE FRIEND OSCAR I HAVE NAMED HIM.
 
                                              HE-HE-HE..
 
 
         
 

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pics are beautiful!!!! What lovely flowers, every one!
I took a peek over at your side bar today...it looks cool!!! (love the Sugar rocks ROFLOL)
Hoping my DSL problems are behind me, grrr. WIll try & make a post late today.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Wow you certainly know how to brighten up the place huh? your pics are great and so are your flowers..not to mention the mad rhymes..blows me away...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I can remember when you were given the plot ,wow have you done all that since ? ,well done its lovely ,Im really in awe ,you must have as many hands as the octopus lol .thats great isnt it  ? Deb is so clever ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Kath!  What lovely pictures of your little garden plot!  I am dead impressed!  You have done such a beautiful job of planning and planting all these lovely flowers.  It's absolutely breathtaking!  I love all your little touches as well, with the Elmer Fudd and of course Mr. Hedgehog, but then ... Hedgehogs are one of my favourite things!  and with strawberries too at his little feet, how wonderful is that!  Well done you!  oh and to be able to write a poem about it, well, you are amazing my dear sweet friend!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

You've got some lovely colour there Kath; my tubs are a disaster - leggy and wrecked by the weather.  Local garden centre is full of plants in similar state.
Bunny x

Anonymous said...

Kath your flowers are lovely ~ Love Elma Fudd ~ The Bee ~ and the Hedgehog and especially the Welcome you have hung on the door ~ that would make anyone feel welcome to come and visit you ~ and a Lovely Rhyme to go with it all ~ Thanks that was lovely ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Flowers and plants do brighten up things and you have done a beautiful job.  A mixture to delight any eye for sure.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Kath....how beautiful! :o) You do such a great job. :o) I love flowers and to have those to look at everyday has to be wonderful! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Those pots look lovely.  Every year i say i am going to get my pots out and try to grow some salad crops but haven't got round to it yet.  The lady i work with said she bought a coleus at the garden centre, she planted it went in, the heavens opened, down came the hailstones and when she went out to look all she had was a stalk.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Is there anything you can't do Kath?  Lovely photos (I'm ignoring your modesty!), beautiful pots excellently arranged, verse I'm scanning the list for as soon as I 'switch on'.   Never mind 'Laughing Kath', you can be the 'Potty Poet from now on!! Well done you.
Angie, xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely, welcoming garden you have made! I especially like the pebbles in the wood frame and how you've placed pots on that. Very nice! --Cin

Anonymous said...

What a splendid job you have mad of your baskets and pots you have such a great way with your gardening skills.  Keep it up Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

You`ve done a great job with your flowers and plants Kath, I`m very impressed...lol!  I see you have petunias, my own summer favourites because they just flower over and over and look wonderful all summer. Another great rhyme too. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

You have done a lovely job of landscaping the entire area with pots, and baskets and boxes... all aglow with color!  Great pictures...and thank you for sharing them here!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of some beautiful flowers!
loved it! awesome color!!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Kath I see a green thumb here. Sooo beautiful. paula

Anonymous said...

The plants all look lovely just need some sunshine to show them off. I know I had summer a few weeks ago just not sure where I put it lol.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture and the flowrs re gorgouse. loved the little Elma Fudd haven see him for ages now I now where he had got too. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Kath, thanks for stopping by & leaving such a nice comment. I certainly appreciate it. I love the way you have lyicized your entry. Quite a poet you are.  I will be back to read more soon. Hope you will stop round my journal again sometme.
Sincerely, Barb

Anonymous said...

I just love your little hedgehog & fudd!! Your plants are gorgeous, you should be proud of yourself.  I can easily see why people tell you how lovely they are.  Your pictures are great & of course your writing is once again just exceptional.  I love coming to your journal.  Have a Blessed Sunday.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm