Tuesday, 26 June 2007

"THE STORM"

   
      
 (Thanx to Debbie of DeB'sDaBs for this Stormy Graphic)
     
I SET OFF EARLY YESTERDAY JUST ACROSS THE ROAD.
 
TO GET MYSELF SOME FRESH MILK I WAS  HOPPING LIKE A TOAD.
 
THE RAIN LASHED DOWN IN BUCKETS FULL I WAS FEELING PRETTY SCARED.
 
THE WIND IT HOWLED AND NEIGHBOURS FROM THERE WINDOWS THEY JUST STARED.
 
I BATTLED MY WAY THROUGH IT ALL NO CHANCE TO USE A NELLY. (umberella)
 
THINKING IF IT CARRIES ON I'LL JUST SWIM ON MY BELLY. (HA-HA).
 
NO MATTER WHERE I STEPPED MY FRIENDS PUDDLES WERE GALORE.
 
AND WHERE I WALKED I THOUGHT IT LOOKED LIKE THE CAR PARK FLOOR.
 
SUDDENLY MY FEET THEY DISSAPEARED AND WERE WET THROUGH.
 
IT MUST HAVE BEEN A GOOD FOOT DEEP I'M NOT KIDDING YOU.
 
THE GRATES WERE OVERFLOWING WHEN I LOOKED AGAIN.
 
IT SEEMED THEY COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE CONTINUOUS  POURING RAIN.
 
I WADED AND I WADED UNTIL I GOT ACROSS.
 
TO THE SUPERMARKET FOR MY MILK I WAS SO  CROSS.
 
MY TROUSERS THEY WERE STUCK TO ME DRIPPING SOAKING WET.
 
FROM MY  KNEE DOWN TO MY TOES BUT MILK I HAD TO GET.
 
I LIKE MY MILK FRESH DAILY SO SOMEONE HAD TO GO.
 
BEFORE I DID I VENTURED TO MY NEIGHBOURS TOO JUST SO.
 
I COULD FETCH THEM ANYTHING THEY NEEDED URGENTLY.
 
AS I DIDN'T WANT THEM GOING OUT IN THIS AWFUL STORM YOU SEE.
 
ONCE  INSIDE THE SUPERMARKET DRIP DRIP ON THE FLOOR.
 
MY CLOTHES WERE SOAKED AND WHEN I LOOKED ALSO WAS THE FLOOR.
 
BUCKETS THEY HAD EVERYWHERE THE ROOF WAS LEAKING IN.
 
NOT LOOKING WHERE I WALKED THEN I  BANGED INTO A BIN.
 
WHICH WAS CATCHING ALL THE RAINDROPS I FELT A SILLY FOOL.
 
AND ON THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF ME THERE WAS A SWIMMING POOL.
 
DODGING ROUND THESE BUCKETS IT WAS LIKE AN OBSTACLE  RACE.
 
EVERYWHERE YOU LOOKED THEY WERE BUCJETS IN THE PLACE.
 
I TURNED ROUND TO GET SOME SOAP POWDER THE BOX IT WAS WET THROUGH.
 
AS I PICKED IT UP THE BOTTOM FELL OUT AND IT LANDED ON MY SHOE.
 
GOOD GRIEF I THOUGHT OF ALL THINGS THIS BOX WOULD HAVE TO TARE.
 
NOW WITH ALL THIS WATER THEY'LL BE SOAPSUDS EVERYWHERE. (HA-HA).
 
ALONG THEN CAME THE MANAGER WHO SAID I'LL GO AND GET.
 
A NEW BOX FROM THE STOREROOM JUST WAIT THERE MY PET.
 
MY PET I THOUGHT HE  MUST THINK I'M LOOKING LIKE A TOAD..
 
AND I WAS N'T IN A  MOOD FOR THAT IF HE WAS TRYING TO GOAD.
 
A WALKING DISASTER JAN CALLS ME WELL THATS WHAT SHE ALWAYS SAYS. (SERENDIPITY)
 
WELL YES JAN I WAS JUST THAT  ON THIS TERRIBLE WET MONDAY.
 
IT DIDN'T SHUT THE STORE  UP THOUGH BUT THE STAFF WERE VERY POOR.
 
MOST OF THEM WERE STOOD THERE MOPPING UP THE FLOOR.
 
ALL THE CHECKOUTS EMPTY JUST ONE CASHIER ON.
 
SHE LOOKED AT ME AS IF TO SAY WHERE HAVE YOU COME FROM.  
 
NOT A SOUL WAS IN THERE JUST KATH THE FLIPPING TOAD. ( HA-HA )
 
HOPPING AROUND WITH THE TROLLEY TO FETCH MY NEIGHBOURS LOAD.
 
WHEN I GOT TO THE CHECKOUT THIS YOUNG GIRL  SAID TO ME.
 
YOU LOOK AS THOUGH YOUV'E HAD A SWIM IN THE COLD NORTH SEA.
 
I DIDN'T SAY A WORD TO HER BUT I WAS NOT AMUSED.
 
I RECKON CERTAIN OTHERS WOULD HAVE GIVEN HER SOME ABUSE.
 
I PACKED THE BAGS AND VENTURED BACK OUT INTO THE STORM.
 
I COULDN'T WAIT TO GET BACK HOME WHERE IT WAS NICE AND WARM.
 
ONCE AGAIN SPLISH SPLASHING IN PUDDLES  MORE LIKE LAKES.
 
UP TO MY KNEES ONCE AGAIN  OH!!  FOR GOODNESS SAKE.
 
THE WIND WAS BLOWING ME EVERYWHERE  I LOOKED  LIKE SOMEONE DRUNK.
 
AND BELIEVE YOU ME SOME OF THE GRATES THEY HAD A STENCH AND STUNK.
 
GOOD GRIEF THIS TOAD WILL HAVE TO SHOWER WHEN I GET BACK  IN. (HA-HA)
                                    
IF NOT I'M GOING TO SMELL JUST LIKE THE COUNCILS GARBAGE  BIN. (HA-HA)
 
BATTLING FORWARD ON I WENT UNTIL AT LAST I SPY.
 
MY NEIGHBOURS DOOR AND HER FOOTPATH WITH WATER ONE FOOT HIGH.
 
LUCKILY SHE HAS STEPS TO CLIMB SO THROUGH HER DOOR NO RAIN.
 
BUT SOME OF THEM  WERE FLOODED  OH! ISN'T IT A  SHAME.
 
I HANDED HER THE GOODIES SHE HAD SENT ME OUT TO  GET.
 
THEN COUNTED DOWN THREE- TWO- ONE AND OFF AGAIN I SET   (HA-HA)
 
PUDDLE SPLASHING ONE MORE TIME AGAINST THIS HEAVY STORM.
 
AT LAST I REACHED MY DOOR AND WENT INSIDE FROM ANY HARM.
 
IT NEVER CEASED ALL DAY LONG AND EVERYTHINGS AFLOAT.
 
SO I THINK NEXT TIME I GO OUT I'LL HAVE TO HIRE A BOAT.  (HA-HA).
 
AS IV'E SAID BEFORE MY FRIENDS IT'S A GOOD JOB KATH CAN LAUGH.
 
AS I THINK I WOULD HAVE DROWNED MYSELF AND THEN THERE'D BE NO KATH.
 
SO AS I WRITE THIS RHYME MY FRIENDS IT STILL IS TEAMING DOWN .
 
AND ON MY FACE THIS MORNING I'M SORRY THERES A FROWN.
 
I'M SAD  FOR ALL THE HOLDAY MAKERS WHO HAVE COME TO STAY.
 
ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH CHILDREN WHO CARN'T GET OUT TO PLAY.
 
ON OUR LOVELY BEACHES BUILDING CASTLES AND HAVING FUN.
 
THEY CAN ONLY PUDDLE SPLASH AND DANCE LIKE ON MONDAY I HAD DONE.
 
SO I'LL GO AND SAY MY PRAYERS NOW TOMORROW WILL BE FINE.
 
WITH NO MORE STORMS AND FLOODING LIKE IN  "MY SIMPLE RHYME"
 
 
    
           
 
 ( Thanx to Chris of Cabs Creations for this Puddle Dancing Graphic )
 
Here  are scenes  from the next town to where I live where I usualy shop Week/ends and the garage and homes of people.If the pics do not show right click and press SHOW PICTURE.!!!
 
 
 
      
  
 
  
  
   
May I also say how sorry I am for all the  people up and down England
who have been hit so bad by these appauling storms we have had.
Especially the people of South Yorkshire.My prayers are with the families who have lost loved ones.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not a toad....you are a lovely FISH! How sweet of you to think of your neighbors needs as you went for your fresh milk. Your neighborhood sounds so wonderful. --Cin

Anonymous said...

You are not a toad....you are a lovely FISH! How sweet of you to think of your neighbors needs as you went for your fresh milk. Your neighborhood sounds so wonderful. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Oh Kath, my family had a wet week in North Yorkshire, but nothing as bad as what's happened since.
I imagined you and the washing powder making lovely bubbles together !
Bunny x

Anonymous said...

Kath I am glad you made it to the supermarket and back home again safely ~ We have been driving through flooded roads here and it is really scary ~ how sweet of you to collect your neighbours order for them ~ hope the rain has stopped and you are getting back to normal ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

How nice of you to think of your neighbors as you had to go out, but doesn't surprise me one bit.
You've really had a bunch of rain there abouts, my prayers for those that have lost.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I saw this on the BBC news, that some dam had broke, causing the floods... how horrible. I don't believe I've ever heard of such a flood in England like this. You were a brave soul to go out and get the milk, and to help your neighbors in that way. THank God for your health! bea

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are ok.  I am worried sick about Ste and his family.
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

So sad all the flooding... damage is one thing... but people are dying.  Sending prayers....

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

The flooding rains are due here tomorrow....
Hope you and your countrymen see some dryness and sunshine soon!

Russ

Anonymous said...

That was quite a little wet trip you took for the milk and so nice to help your neighbors out. I'm sorry for the loss of some due to this terrible weather. paula

Anonymous said...

You just can't beat an English summer eh Kath. We haven't had as much rain as elsewhere but we have definitly had ENOUGH.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

On this occasion you are not' the walking disaster ',even if you did walk into one ,hasnt it been awful ? I hope  it gets better  now ,and we can have some summer ,you are kind getting some shopping for your neighbours ,never heard a brolly called a 'nellie 'before lol, thank heaven for your sense of humour Kath ,your a star ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Wow...I wasn't expecting to see this! :o( I had no idea. I'm glad that you were able though, to get out to get your milk and to help your neighbor as well. Prayers are going up for these people.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didnt receive your request of Scrooge McDuck. I sent it the day I got your request. AOL  at it again eating E-Mail.  I am sending out right now.

Anonymous said...

You are  WonderWoman in disguise, you are!  Talk about a good neighbour!  I've never heard a brolly called a nellie before either but I shouldn't think it would have done much good with all that wind.  We've a lovely sunny day (Thurs) but it's gonna start again this aft.  Try to keep safe and dry and warm
Angie, xx

Anonymous said...

HI KATH,
              I FEEL LIKE YOU SAY ABOUT MILK, HARD TO DO WITHOUT.
 I MUST HAVE WHOLE MILK WITH COFFEE. ONE FOURTH MILK. TASTES JUST RIGHT WHEN COOLED OFF WITH MILK.
  I BET YOUR SON IN DALLAS HAS TOLD YOU OF THE TEXAS FLOODS. I KNOW A LOT OF THAT AREA AND FLOODING CAN REALLY BE SURPRISING AND COME QUICKLY.
    ROADS CAN WASH AWAY UNDER THE SURFACE AND MOST PEOPLE KNOW NOT TO TRY DRIVING THROUGH WATER. OTHERS FIND OUT THE HARD WAY AND DO NOT MAKE IT.
    THE WEATHER MAP SHOWS MORE RAIN FALLING NOW IN TEXAS. I HOPE YOU BOUGHT ENOUGH MILK SO AS TO NOT HAVE TO GO AGAIN UNTIL THE RAIN LETS UP.       sam

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just found your journal through a comment you left on Paula's.  Very nice journal, I am enjoying it!  The pictures of the flooding are something else, especially those kayaking through the town.  I hope things get better for those folks.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

Dear Heavens, Kath, what an awful sight that flooding was.  I'm saying my prayers for the lost loved ones and the tremendous clean up there must be if it can be cleaned.  I'm glad you got home safe and sound, soaked, but ok.  It was funny reading your tale but probably more dangerous than you had imagined.  Hope the weather has become better so the folks can get to taking care of their homes and businesses.  Yikes, that was so close to you.  Love xx Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh Kath! Those pics of the flood is awful, i feel so for the people who are affected God Bless them!

Astra!
http://journals.aol.com/astra1547/astras-new-journal/

ASTRA1547@sky.com