Monday, 5 March 2007

"KATH'S FIND"

 
RECENTLY WHILST SORTING OUT I FOUND IN A BEDROOM DRAWER.
LOTS OF BITS AND BOBS AND ALSO ONE OR TWO THINGS MORE.
I WAS SO SUPRIZED  WHEN IN AN ENVELOPE I FOUND A VERY OLD FILM.
GOOD GRIEF I THOUGHT WHATS ON THIS MY THOUGHTS WERE VERY DIM.
I PONDERED AND I PONDERED WONDERING OF ALL PAST TIMES WHEN I.
HAD USED THIS KIND OF FILM BUT NO MATTER HOW I TRIED.
NOTHING JOGGED MY MEMORY SO I DECIDED TO HAVE IT DROPPED.
OFF AT THE LOCAL CHEMIST NEXT TIME MY PARNER SHOPPED.
THE FILMS BEEN ON MY MIND NOW FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS OR SO.
AND I HAVN'T BEEN OUT DURING THE WEEK FOR THE WIND AND RAIN YOU KNOW.
IT'S BEEN SO VERY BITTER AS YOU ALL KNOW RECENTLY.
INSIDES THE BEST PLACE NICE AND WARM I THINK YOU WILL AGREE.
WHILST TROTTING AROUND J/LAND I GOT ANOTHER SUPRIZE .
WHEN THERE IN FRONT  OF ME THIS WEEK A GRAPHIC I DID SPY.
NOW ISN'T THAT COINCIDENCE I THOUGHT I'M TAGGING THIS.
IT'S JUST RIGHT FOR MY POSTING AND I'M GLAD I DIDN'T MISS.
SO I REQUESTED FOR THESE WORDS (KATHS FIND) PLEASE MISSIE IF YOU COULD.
IT ARRIVED THIS WEEK BY E. MAIL I THOUGHT OH GREAT THATS GOOD.
MY FILM IS WAS NOW DEVELOPED AND IV'E SCANNED ALL TWENTY FOUR..
AND THE PICTURES ARE IN FRONT OF ME FROM THE FILM FOUND IN MY DRAWER.
I COUNTED THIS AS A BLESSING AS FOND MEMORIES ON THIS REEL.
WERE OF AN HOLIDAY BUT SOME OF THEM HOW OLD THEY MADE ME FEEL.
IV'E PLACED ONE IN TO SHOW YOU OF MY CHILDREN HAVING FUN.
ON THE BEACH IN WALES PLAYING HAPPILY  IN THE RED HOT SUN.
OUR SUMMERS DON'T SEEM SAME TODAY AND NOTHING HAS COMPARED.
THIS LAST FEW YEARS HOW HOT IT WAS I REMEMBER WHEN DOWN THERE.
I'M THRILLED TO BITS I FOUND THIS FILM INSIDE MY BEDROOM DRAWER.
IT'S FULL OF SNAPS OF THE CHILDREN AND ALSORTS THERES LOTS MORE.
YIPPEE I WAS EXCITED HOW IT TOOK ME BACK IN TIME.
TO 1976  I'M OVER THE MOON IT DEVELOPED FINE.
I SIMPLY CARN'T BELIEVE THAT IT'S BEEN HANGING ROUND SO LONG.
UP AND DOWN HERE AND THERE AND NEVER BEEN DROPPED UPON.
THEY SAY THEY DON'T MAKE THINGS TODAY  LIKE THEY USED TO YRS AGO.
I NOW BELIEVE THAT THIS IS TRUE AS NOT ONE  PRINT HAS A FLO.
AFTER ALL THESE YEARS I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT MAYBE WAS NO GOOD.
BUT THE SNAPS THEY CAME OUT EVER SO CLEAR MORE THAN MY DIDGY WOULD.
WELL I'M NOT GRUMBLING ONE IOTA IT'S CERTAINLY GIVEN ME.
A LOVELY SUPRIZE AND THE GRAPHIC ABOVE IS PERFECT YOU CAN SEE.
SO HERE BELOW  IS THE SNAP NOW I CROPPED TO SAVE UPLOADING TIME.
AND THANKYOU MISSIE FOR THE FILM GRAPHIC IV'E PLACED IN
 
                                       "MY SIMPLE RHYME"
 
                        HAAAAAAA THEM WERE THE DAYS LOL!!
 
                            WAIT WHILE I SHOW THE KIDDIES.
 
                                IT'S A BELTER ISN'T IT LOL!!!!
 
                                       WELL IT IS TO ME!!!!
                                         
                                                 NOW AGED
     39YRS OLD                         31YRS OLD                   34YRS OLD 
 
                                           
   

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my yes...1976. All 3 of mine where in elementary school (the youngest just started kindergarden). Had a 2nd grd, & 4th grd too. WOW but time does move on!
Hugs,
Sug

Anonymous said...

Oh Kath what a find ,your like me, would sooner find something like this than £s,and yes they were such happy days, when they were all little ,we didnt realise it then though did we ? ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You were so lucky that your pictures came out so well after nearly 30 years it must have just been the right conditions for the film well done .  Hope the weather inproves for you so you can get out again. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I've got some films laying around waiting to be developed but i bet they don't come out as good as yours have.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

What a terrific find Kath, how lovely to look at your children photos that yoy`ve never seen before. I love the graphic too. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Great pic at least with this 'find' there won't be any overconfartable strangers littering your lounge lol.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

lol meant over comfortable lol.(give me a break I'm poorly lol)
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

What a lucky find, and I cant belive how well they have come out, 1976 was a schorcher I remember it well, it was the year that I was expecting my first born, cant wait to hear what your children have to say about the photos,

take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful what we find in drawers when we least expect it.  Looking forward to hearing the "children's" reaction! Love, Angie, x

Anonymous said...

I guess you did have a 'find'.  What a treasure!  Every now and then I find a snap shot stuck in a book or drawer and find myself so doubly blessed.  Once for the time that actually took place and twice for the memory.  What lovely babes they are.  My oldest will be 36 this summer and the youngest is 27...how time flies.
'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath...

Just dropped in and found you've posted an entry. I hope you are keeping well. That is a lovely opening graphic and i'm so pleased you found your film, that must have cheered you up no end when you found out who was on it. Its a lovely photo...Best wishes and take care!

Astra!

astra1547@aol.co.uk
http://journals.aol.com/astra1547/astras-new-journal/

ASTRA1547@sky.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath,
That is unbeleiveable that you found film from 1976.  Just one year after i was born :)  That must have been so much fun to look at.  I love memories :)  HOpe you have a fabulous day.
Dina

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful treasure to find!  Lucky you!  When my ex booted me out of our home he refused to let me take any pictures with me...and then one day gifted me with all the negatives...I guess he thought if I wanted pictures I could go to the expense and trouble of getting them that way.  I've not yet been able to afford to print them off but I really must sit down one day and see what I can do with them.  Even a few at a time would be good.  Take care, God Bless and thanks for sharing!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

AOL now has a new page format in the U.S.   It no longer has a 'link to this entry' click which I miss with my dial-up to get just one entry open quick.    It now has these new file sharing services offered instead.    That may be the reason that pages are not working correctly.     You find is fantastic.    Seeing your children from 1976 must be such a wonderful surprize!     They will be excited as they view your new photos.     I have not been on the computer much as I have not been able to sit at the stool for any amount of time because of my spinal pain.     The weather had been the coldest month in February and now in March there has been some changes giving me problems also, plus now I have a bad cold my neighbor brought over with her fever when she 'borrowed' my phone as her and her son do as if I don't mind them constantly using it.     He has been doing work on my house but I will let him know that I am not going to be their phone service for the unlimited future.    I am happy to know that film can still be good as I have some film from 2004 that I was worried may no longer be any good.    Now I feel it should develope just fine.       mark

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's so cool.  I bet I have some films somewhere  that haven't been developed as well.  I bet you were so happy with these.  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's so cool.  I bet I have some films somewhere  that haven't been developed as well.  I bet you were so happy with these.  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath...

I got your email but, i'm having probs sending emails out tonight, i've tried to send three times and got cut off. as you can imagine the air is blue here...lol. I will try to re-send later. I got an email from Lisa too and i could'nt send her one back either...flipin' sky.com!!!  I could'nt even send out from AOL either...flipin' AOL.com!!! lol. I will try to send you one from Yahoo! when i go on there in a tic.

Astra!
astra1547@aol.com
http://journals.aol.com/astra1547/astras-new-journal/

ASTRA1547@sky.com


Anonymous said...

How wonderful to find this film and have the memories alive in front of you yet again. I agree the graphic from Missie is perfect for this particuliar story. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Lovely graphics and rhymes; thanks for visiting my journal too!
Will be back to see what you're up to.  Bunny x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/blpltt/nothing-new-under-the-sun

Anonymous said...

Amazing, Kath!  I can't believe that after over 30 years the pictures came out perfect.  What a find!  The children look so adorable and what fun they were haivng.  I would never have dreamed that film would last that long.  Love the tag also.  What a perfect find of a tag for your entry.  Love  xx Chris